homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » T- 2 Weeks...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: T- 2 Weeks...
homesalad
Geek
Member # 938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2002 10:41      Profile for homesalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, two weeks from today, I'm unplugging my computer, shipping it to my folks house, and moving into my car. Kind of exiting, kind of scary, but we'll see. It'll be 2 months of climbing out here in the west, more likely towards utah and colorado, probably montana and idaho too. We'll see.

From then until mid-may, it'll be random small town libraries to check my e-mail and AY2K. I hope you all get a chance to get outside this spring too...

------------------
"When I worship a god it will be in a temple made by his own hands" -John Muir

Posts: 220 | From: On The Road... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 11 posted March 02, 2002 15:23      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Outside?
Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2002 16:15      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow, sounds great! take me too.
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2002 21:10      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sounds like tha chance of a life time. We hope you enjoy it a lot. Of course we will miss your posts on the board, and will eagerly await your return.
Nayt

------------------
Through out your life you will wonder who THEY are. Then you find out who THEY really are. From then on you live you life in fear of THEM and you wish you never knew who THEY were.

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janeway
Assimilated
Member # 78

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2002 21:30      Profile for Janeway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget the sunblock.
Posts: 468 | From: Cyberspace, Delta Quadrant | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
EngrBohn
Uber Geek
Member # 476

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted March 03, 2002 03:01      Profile for EngrBohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But... "outside" is where the giant blue screen of death is!

------------------
cb
Oooh! What does this button do!?

Posts: 987 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 6 posted March 03, 2002 07:13      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we must all venture outside once in a while, just remember the dark glasses.........Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TechnoGram
Alpha Geek
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 03, 2002 11:51      Profile for TechnoGram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by EngrBohn:
But... "outside" is where the giant blue screen of death is!

oh, i thought it only killed windows users

------------------
.--. .-. --- - ---

Posts: 250 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2002 17:03      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last time i checked i did not look up and see a giant kernal panic.
Nayt

------------------
Through out your life you will wonder who THEY are. Then you find out who THEY really are. From then on you live you life in fear of THEM and you wish you never knew who THEY were.

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
nekomatic
SuperFan!
Member # 376

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 04, 2002 03:18      Profile for nekomatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Have a great time! Take photos! Post updates!
Posts: 822 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2002 05:33      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, we will love to see pictures from you trip. A reminder what the "outside" is like.
Nayt

------------------

Stormtalon
Mini Geek
Member # 1163

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted March 04, 2002 10:29      Profile for Stormtalon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by macadddikt18:
yeah, we will love to see pictures from you trip. A reminder what the "outside" is like.
Nayt

I am sorry, but any photographic material relating to the nonexistent place referred to as 'outside' is expressly forbidden to any Citizens of less than Violet clearance level. The Computer requests that you immediately report to the nearest DocBot for psychological 'assessment' and a prescription for Happiness medications. Failure to report immediately is treasonous. Be Happy, Citizen!

Stormtalon

------------------
Those who are easily offended should be.

And often.

Posts: 73 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2002 11:05      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so what should a geek who loves teh out doors do now?
Nayt

------------------

ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted March 04, 2002 15:37      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there's always sneaking out in the middle of the night......Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2002 19:05      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to go to my friend's under the cover of night, his neighbor has a death wish with my name on it. Other than that i love the blue sky, the clean air, and the breeze.
nayt

------------------

nekomatic
SuperFan!
Member # 376

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted March 05, 2002 05:48      Profile for nekomatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Stormtalon:
I am sorry, but any photographic material relating to the nonexistent place referred to as 'outside' is expressly forbidden to any Citizens of less than Violet clearance level. The Computer requests that you immediately report to the nearest DocBot for psychological 'assessment' and a prescription for Happiness medications. Failure to report immediately is treasonous.

heh! now that takes me back!

Posts: 822 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
homesalad
Geek
Member # 938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2002 07:08      Profile for homesalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, even so, I do plan to post an update now and again, and if I can find a way to digitalize some photos, I'll link to them too. Its kind of a repeat performance from last spring, though I didn't nearly have as much time last year, only 3 weeks, now I've got two months!

And that great glowing orb is a great source for vitamin A, which prolongs your life, and might make you one bit closer to immortal, so any excuse to go outside is only lengthening your life...

------------------
"When I worship a god it will be in a temple made by his own hands" -John Muir

Posts: 220 | From: On The Road... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Angry Rooster
Assimilated
Member # 759

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2002 12:21      Profile for Angry Rooster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by homesalad:
so any excuse to go outside is only lengthening your life...

Except for my family's history of cancer, and the genetic trait of being more likely to get cancer from the sun that goes along with being blonde.

------------------
--Angry Rooster
"Eagles may soar, but roosters don't get sucked into jet engines."

Posts: 376 | From: Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture