homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » FooDesktop

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FooDesktop
Angry Rooster
Assimilated
Member # 759

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2002 00:56      Profile for Angry Rooster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Came across a fun little site here http://www.forgetfoo.com/ if you click the link at the very top of the page, you'll get a full screen "emulation" of the windows experience, pretty impressive using just HTML/DHTML, if you wanna check out the source code for this, the URL of the actual page is http://www.forgetfoo.com/fooDesktop/default.htm

At least, I thought it was neat.

------------------
--Angry Rooster
"Eagles may soar, but roosters don't get sucked into jet engines."

Posts: 376 | From: Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2002 05:28      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few months back someone made one that was flash. It was nt so realistic as it was funny. I iwll have to try and find the link to that one.
Nayt

------------------
Through out your life you will wonder who THEY are. Then you find out who THEY really are. From then on you live you life in fear of THEM and you wish you never knew who THEY were.

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
tekniklr
Geek Apprentice
Member # 806

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted February 01, 2002 20:01      Profile for tekniklr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by macadddikt18:
A few months back someone made one that was flash. It was nt so realistic as it was funny. I iwll have to try and find the link to that one.
Nayt

Is this something like you are talking about
http://www.solfire.com/flash/27549_winrg.swf ?

Posts: 42 | From: NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2002 21:33      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that is it, thanks man.
Nayt

------------------
Through out your life you will wonder who THEY are. Then you find out who THEY really are. From then on you live you life in fear of THEM and you wish you never knew who THEY were.

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ti
Assimilated
Member # 941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 02, 2002 22:00      Profile for Ti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by tekniklr:
Is this something like you are talking about
http://www.solfire.com/flash/27549_winrg.swf ?

Luckily I can surf wirelessly from my toilet or I would have just wet myself!

Kevin
--
Or is that TMI?

Posts: 377 | From: Sunnyvale, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 03, 2002 07:53      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm half-tempted to leave that page up on my work computer when I go AFK, but I think OpSec would have a cow about it.

I'm trying to see how I can do it but not get fired--thank you for the link!

Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
I know Kung-Fu
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 1128

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2002 15:37      Profile for I know Kung-Fu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Windows RG thing is old. Get on over to Tucows for a copy of Whendoes 98 Pro. You can even do "stuff" with it.
Posts: 3 | From: Fishtown | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture