homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Snow, in southern california

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Snow, in southern california
SpacemanSpiff22
Mini Geek
Member # 1078

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted January 28, 2002 23:05      Profile for SpacemanSpiff22   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are getting a light dusting of snow tonight, just an inch or two. Enough to be pretty, but not enough to be a pain. Pretty odd for southern california...

------------------
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof
is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. --Douglas Adams

Posts: 85 | From: Geek-o-sphere 42 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted January 29, 2002 05:56      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Snow, oh how i wish I got snow here. I love snow, it is so beautiful. But no, we don't get snow here. Only rain. Not to mention it is 70 out today. someone forgot to tell mother nature it is winter time.
Nayt

------------------
Through out your life you will wonder who THEY are. Then you find out who THEY really are. From then on you live you life in fear of THEM and you wish you never knew who THEY were.

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2002 11:15      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmm. Amazon makes a profit, it snows in southern California. Is there a lot of brimstone down there ?
Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Eponine
Highlie
Member # 548

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted January 29, 2002 12:10      Profile for Eponine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, this is really getting freaky. Does anyone else notice how odd the weather has truly been this year? I"m sweating with the window open, when it usually would be snowing here, and SoCal is getting snow!!! What the heck is going on??
Posts: 745 | From: Midwest, US | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
+Andrew
Alpha Geek
Member # 873

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2002 12:54      Profile for +Andrew   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Things are definitely strange. Here north of Boston, MA it hit 60*F on Sunday. Yesterday, the local local newspaper had a photo of some college girls tanning on the beach that day.

Usually by this time of year we have a good amount of snow on the ground. So far we've only gotten a few inches, none of which is still around. And, I might add, no snow days yet.

-Andrew

Posts: 349 | From: Boston, MA, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpacemanSpiff22
Mini Geek
Member # 1078

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2002 17:05      Profile for SpacemanSpiff22   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never had a snow day.

------------------
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof
is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. --Douglas Adams

Posts: 85 | From: Geek-o-sphere 42 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
zooz
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2002 08:02            Edit/Delete Post 
I was walking out of the Food for Less
yesterday and disovered that It was snowing.
it ended about 2 minutes later, but I noticed
that it was accmulating on the bushes. It's
very weird to see snow in the vally areas of
San Bernardino, and this was the very first
time I've seen it here.

The weather has been very weird lately. if it keeps up, the northeast might get our palmtrees

IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2002 10:29      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the end of the world must be comming. That has to be it.
nayt

------------------
Through out your life you will wonder who THEY are. Then you find out who THEY really are. From then on you live you life in fear of THEM and you wish you never knew who THEY were.

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
homesalad
Geek
Member # 938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2002 17:06      Profile for homesalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*cough* global warming *cough*
Posts: 220 | From: On The Road... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
LostInColorado

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 862

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted January 30, 2002 20:54      Profile for LostInColorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What? Hell froze?

------------------
LostInColorado

At first, follow the rules of the game.
If you don't succeed, break the rules.
If you still don't succeed, change them.
If you still don't succeed, just change the game.

Posts: 117 | From: Thornton, CO, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2002 05:49      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NO NO, mother nature got a wee bit drunk.
Nayt

------------------

annie
Assimilated
Member # 909

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2002 10:04      Profile for annie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by macadddikt18:
Snow, oh how i wish I got snow here. I love snow, it is so beautiful. But no, we don't get snow here. Only rain. Not to mention it is 70 out today. someone forgot to tell mother nature it is winter time.
Nayt

You can have the snow that we're having here. I mean I love snow too, and it is absolutely beautiful, but it makes it mighty hard to walk to school when you are already tired. Not to mention now it seems to be turning to freezing rain. Not fun.

------------------
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Posts: 391 | From: somewhere in Canada | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2002 17:16      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
macadddikt18
Super Geek

Well, that place doesn't sound like a world beyond my understanding... Is it hell?

Just check out where I'm from! It snows curves and rains little elongated "s" drops!

(To measure the area under the curvy snowflakes in spring)

Posts: 904 | From: A Calculus book near you... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2002 10:02      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Humm, my world is beyond your understanding. Calc is not beyond your understanding. I understand it fine. But the rest of the stuff in my world, is way beyond your understanding.
Nayt

------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture