homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » NO POWER :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NO POWER :(
geekdivachica
Mini Geek
Member # 939

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted December 28, 2001 08:54      Profile for geekdivachica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I lost power for three hours last night and I realized that A LOT depends on power! I could not imagine how people lived without it. I guess they did not have what we do. Oh well I have it back now! Bye!

------------------
Work like you don't need the money, dance like no one is watching and love like you have NEVER been hurt!

Posts: 90 | From: San Jose, Ca, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
trowelblister
Geek
Member # 897

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted December 30, 2001 09:56      Profile for trowelblister   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need to go camping, or something. And leave the laptop at home, I don't care how many battery packs you have
Posts: 242 | From: lansdale, pa, usa | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
LostInColorado

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 862

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2001 10:56      Profile for LostInColorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I realized the same thing about hot water after my water heater failed... Ah... It's the little things that really count.

------------------
LostInColorado

At first, follow the rules of the game.
If you don't succeed, break the rules.
If you still don't succeed, change them.
If you still don't succeed, just change the game.

Posts: 117 | From: Thornton, CO, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted December 30, 2001 11:46      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, we lost water last week for several sporatic days. It made me realize how much I depend on little drips.
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
geekdivachica
Mini Geek
Member # 939

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted December 30, 2001 11:48      Profile for geekdivachica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been camping before without things that depend on power. I just did not ever fully understand what depends on power because I have the things I just could not use them. Whatever.

------------------
Work like you don't need the money, dance like no one is watching and love like you have NEVER been hurt!

Posts: 90 | From: San Jose, Ca, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2001 21:09      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was a kid we lost power in an ice storm for 3 days. It sucked big time. We cooked in the fire place and stayed in the living room most of the time. My father heated bricks up in the fire which he stuffed in our beds to warm them before going to sleep.

That's when we realized that you should always have gas in the grill and/or a gas stove.

Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tau Zero
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 195

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted January 07, 2002 11:06      Profile for Tau Zero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by geekdivachica:
I lost power for three hours last night and I realized that A LOT depends on power!

Amen to that.  I have most of the pieces I need to be able to get by without line power for at least a little while, but I never seem to have the time to put them all together and make them Just Work.  Maybe after I move....

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture