homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Twas the nocturnal segment preceding the annual Yuletide celebration

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Twas the nocturnal segment preceding the annual Yuletide celebration
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2002 07:47      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since Halloween is over stores are going to be filling up with Christmas stuff (Yes, I know it's not Thanksgiving yet) so here is something to get you in the mood early.

Twas the Night Before Christmas (in a manner of speaking) By Roger Devlin

Twas the nocturnal segment of the diurnal period preceding the annual Yuletide celebration, and throughout our place of residence
Kinetic activity was not in evidence among the possessors of this potential, including that species of domestic rodent know as Mus musculus.
Hosiery was meticulously suspended from the forward edge of the woodburning caloric apparatus,
Pursuant to our anticipatory pleasure regarding an imminent visitation from an eccentric philanthropist among whole folkloric appellations is the honorific title of St. Nicholas.

The prepubescent siblings, comfortably ensconced in their respective accommodations of repose,
Were experiencing subconscious visual hallucinations of variegated fruit confections moving rhythmically through their cerebrums.

Hastening to the casement, I forthwith opened the barriers sealing this fenestration,
Noting thereupon that the lunar brilliance without, reflected as it was on the surface of a recent crystalline precipitation,
Might be said to rival that of the solar meridian itself,
Thus permitting my incredulous optical sensory organs to behold
A miniature airborne runnered conveyance drawn by eight diminutive specimens of the genus Rangifer.

Piloted by a miniscule, aged chauffeur so ebullient and nimble
That it became instantly apparant to me that he was indeed our anticipated caller.
With his ungulate motive power traveling at what my have been more vertiginous velocity than patriotic alar predators.
He vociferated loudly, expelled breath musically through contracted labia, and addressed each of the octed by his or her respective cognomen:

"Now Dasher! Now Dancer!..." et al.,
Guiding them to the uppermost exterior level of our abode,
Through which structure I could readily distinguish the concatenations of each of the 32 cloven pedal extremities.
As I retracted my cranium from its erstwhile location and was performing a 180 degree pivot,
Our distinguished visitant achieved with utmost celerity a downward leapentry by way of the smoke passage.

Clenched firmly between his incisors was a smokingpiece.
Whose gray fumes, forming a tenuous ellipse about his occiput, were suggestive of a decorative seasonal circlet of holly.
His visage was wider than it was high,
And when he waxed audibly mirthful, his corpulent abdominal region undulated in the manner of impectinated fruit syrup in a hemispherical container.

Without utterance and with dispatch,
He commenced filling the aforementioned hosiery with various of the aforementioned articles of merchandise extracted from his aforementioned previously dorsally transported cloth receptacle.

He then propelled himself in a short vector onto his conveyance, directed a musical expulsion of air through his contracted oral sphincter to the antlered quadrupeds of burden,
And proceeded to soar aloft in a movement hitherto observable chiefly among the seed-bearing portions of a common weed.
But I overheard his parting exclamation, audible immediately prior to his vehiculation beyond the limits of visibility:
"Ecstatic Yuletide to the planetary constituency; and to that selfsame assemblage my sincerest wishes for a salubriously beneficial and gratifyingly pleasurable period between sunset and dawn."

Ecstatic Yuletide everyone!

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janeway
Assimilated
Member # 78

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 02, 2002 21:50      Profile for Janeway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
roflmao!! That was great..

--------------------
Janeway--
Author, Artist, and Dreamer Extraordinaire

Posts: 468 | From: Cyberspace, Delta Quadrant | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2002 09:29      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
:| MUCH better than the original [Smile]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture