homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Changing icons in Mac OS X

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Changing icons in Mac OS X
Werthog
Newbie Larva
Member # 1967

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted November 13, 2003 03:24      Profile for Werthog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I FINALY got myself an Apple with Mac OS X. Naturally, the first thing I did with it was download the David Pogue icons. Unfortunately, while trying to figure out how to use them, I changed the icon of Address Book to David Pogue's severed head. Anybody know how to change it back? I couldn't find the original icon file, and now I'm worried [Frown]
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 05:24      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simple. Instead of "Copy" or "Paste" on the icon, "Cut" will remove the new one. The old one doesn't get overwritten, just overridden.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Werthog
Newbie Larva
Member # 1967

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted November 13, 2003 12:15      Profile for Werthog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that was simple. I put WAY too much thought into this. Chalk it up to a decade of using Windows [Wink] Thanks!

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture