homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » What's your longest stay-wake-up?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's your longest stay-wake-up?
iballoondesign
Highlie
Member # 1037

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 29, 2002 22:16      Profile for iballoondesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My longest was about 31 hours. I spend play video game for a long night until morning. I being realize I forget because I promise my big brother, I would help him moving to his new apartment. Until about noon, I fall asleep hard as stone after we got bed in his bedroom. Zzzzz... [Embarrassed]

--------------------
[color=blue]My brain is loading, please wait...[/color]

Posts: 569 | From: Irving, TX | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted October 29, 2002 22:22      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My longest so far is 3 days straight, although I'm sure I could beat it...

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 29, 2002 23:46      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes:
My longest so far is 3 days straight, although I'm sure I could beat it...

Hmm, as could I..
Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 04:41      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Around 44 hours. THen I passed out. Yes, I am a wuss.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 05:07      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, most con(vention) weekends I can manage Friday to Monday (that is four days no sleep people).

Ok, then I normally sleep from Monday to Friday to catch up [Razz]

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
technosquirrel 101
Geek
Member # 1738

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 08:44      Profile for technosquirrel 101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
around 73 hours at training camp two months ago.

can you say 'zombie'? [Big Grin]

--------------------
...this post was brought to you by technosquirrel 101. - "who said i had a plan?"

Posts: 142 | From: the "XMS Memory", cabin 934, C-Deck | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alien Investor
Highlie
Member # 242

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 08:48      Profile for Alien Investor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
62 hours (Sunday 7:00 am to Tuesday 9:00 pm).

I used to do 36-40 hours a lot. Now I can't even do 24.

Everything after 24 hours was almost always a waste, though.

--------------------
"love without fear"

Posts: 627 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 17:38      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
110 hours ! (Monday 7:00 am to friday 9:00 pm)

I hasten to add that this was NOT voluntary.
I was being deliberately tortured (it's a long story).

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME !

My longest voluntary stay-awake was 3 1/2 days, followed by a 28 hour sleep, but I was young and stupid then.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 18:10      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
110 hours? Torture? Do tell!

I've never really had the opportunity to try it before. One night, while playing Cossacks with a friend, we played a single game till about 5 AM. Not because we finished, but because his crappy wintel crashed and we hadn't yet figured out how to use the multiplayer savegames. My dual G4 running virtual PC had no problems with it, I might add.

So we slept till noon and had mexican food and mountain dew for lunch. I miss that mexican place. I need some mexican food.

Aaaanyway, now that I live alone and nobody cares about my health on a day to day basis, I think I'll try it out over winter break.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Charisma
Assimilated
Member # 1164

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 18:30      Profile for Charisma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
probably a good 50 - 60 hours. That's just because I forgot to go to sleep one night and most of the next... I really wasn't that tired though... Odd, isn't it?

I went without eating for three days this past weekend though. Seriously... I had lunch Friday, then some food when I woke up Mondy at around 3:00pm. I was sick, and I wasn't hungry... wasn't really hungry Monday afternoon... just ate because I knew I needed it.

--------------------
http://www.basseq.com

Posts: 404 | From: right behind you; in the shadows | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
iballoondesign
Highlie
Member # 1037

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 19:00      Profile for iballoondesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
110 hours ! (Monday 7:00 am to friday 9:00 pm)

I hasten to add that this was NOT voluntary.

My longest voluntary stay-awake was 3 1/2 days, followed by a 28 hour sleep, but I was young and stupid then.

Wow, you even can remember of eveything what happen to you on between Mon to Fri. Eh? Geez, you were a wacky person. [Cool]

--------------------
[color=blue]My brain is loading, please wait...[/color]

Posts: 569 | From: Irving, TX | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 19:11      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

zorro was involved ? [Wink]
Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 23:33      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am myself a sleep junkie, almost more than I am a caf junkie. The longest I've ever gone is a mere 30 hours, for The Lan Party. Seriously. Of late I have been getting precious little sleep due to it being Hell Week, and have been going quite mad. Twitching, laughing at inapropriate moments, sudden bursts of manic energy followed by catatonia.

Here it is, two AM. I should go get my four hours of sleep...

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2002 10:15      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Coffee_geek:
I am myself a sleep junkie, almost more than I am a caf junkie. The longest I've ever gone is a mere 30 hours, for The Lan Party. Seriously. Of late I have been getting precious little sleep due to it being Hell Week, and have been going quite mad. Twitching, laughing at inapropriate moments, sudden bursts of manic energy followed by catatonia.

Here it is, two AM. I should go get my four hours of sleep...

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

Yeah, I probably only stayed awake for 28.5 hours there, when I fell asleep playing GTA3 at about 4pm on day 2.

G to the T to the A to the 3...

Anyway, LAN Parties are the best to stay awake at, because of the wide avalability of Caffeine, the trance/techno, and so many games. Gotta love them!

-Oz

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture