homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Emotions in general

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Emotions in general
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2002 14:21      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I consider myself to be a stable person. Not unfeeling, just stable. I tend to default to happy. Not obnoxiously happy, but gentle-smile-easy-going kind of happy. I like being happy so I try to stay that way, but like everyone I have my moods and a bit of a temper and once every couple months or so I'll blow my stack. Here's the catch though: about 80% of the time, my "victim" doesn't notice. I always feel bad about four seconds later and apologize and all I get is a blank look. Then I have to explain what just happened and they laugh at me. The other 20% of the time I either blow up in private or in front of someone who knows me well enough to recognize what's going on. Has this happened to any of you? How many of you get obviously emotional?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2002 15:07      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Emotional, moi?? No, Xanthine, I haven't the vaguest idea what you're talking about. [Roll Eyes]

Ha! Spungo will have a tough time keeping a straight face when he reads this tomorrow. [Wink]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2002 15:32      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most of the time My emotional state is hard to guage, but the rest of the time there is no mistaking it........Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2002 17:51      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:
Most of the time My emotional state is hard to guage, but the rest of the time there is no mistaking it........Z

I thought I was like that. Then I realized that the rest of the time I still seem to be hard to guage. Hence my question. Who else can't seem to get their point across?

Snupy, I only have your public posts to go by, and from those I wouldn't say you're any more emotional than the average Joe Forum. Well, there was that sappy stuff you posted but hey, those were kinda cute.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2002 18:40      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm..I guess I hide it here better than I thought. In reality, I'm a very emotional person.
Too much so for my own good most of the time. I'm always reacting with my emotions instead of my brain, which leads me to jump into things rational people probably wouldn't. Sometimes I think I'd be happier being a tougher, less emotional person-but then I wonder if I'd be less compassionate, have fewer good friends, or take the highs for granted. I guess it's too late to change now anyway. [Confused]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Janeway
Assimilated
Member # 78

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2002 23:22      Profile for Janeway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I keep my emotions locked in a very small corner of my brain...and one day I will switch that part out for a computer circuit.

--------------------
Janeway--
Author, Artist, and Dreamer Extraordinaire

Posts: 468 | From: Cyberspace, Delta Quadrant | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 29, 2002 02:26      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
youll become asslaminated?
Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2002 03:11      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*mono tone*i am now more energy efficient than dick cheney. while he wastes 2.3 calories in the average conversation, and an average man wastes 60 in hand gestures and voice tone changes, i just spend 1. wow. i'm so excited
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2002 21:57            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a very emotional personal, but can also seem devoid of them, I guess. Not that it makes much odds, no-one has a clue about me anyhow. OK, Steve claims to, but I have many doubts.

Just beware of my many rants...

IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2002 23:06      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a rather emotional person, and I don't consciously hide them... However there are a few emotions (anger and sorrow) that I bottle up... When I reach the breaking point I escape to a speical place and yell to the wind everything that has been bothering me (or as of late, I find an understanding friend, who think me nuts (or at least more crazy than I normally am)).

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Irene Kelly
Geek
Member # 1476

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2002 00:00      Profile for Irene Kelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think alot of us can really relate to you Xanthine. you are in no way alone. Its really important to just be who you are and i think its really great that you appologize to people, even if they dont have a clue why.

Maybe you could find those few people you can vent to and try to stay cool till you talk with them, that way no one else gets caught in cross fire.

ah, emotions. its all part of life. [Wink]

--------------------
"Sit tight... we're taking you back to... reality! Mwaahaha."
- Irky

Posts: 168 | From: Alaska | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture