homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » How did you spend your extra hour?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How did you spend your extra hour?
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 10:17      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess this is only for those of us Geeks in the US. In case ya'll didn't notice, daylight saving time ended this weekend. So, how did you spend that blessed extra hour?

Me? I was out with my friends. I quite rather enjoyed the hour. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 10:24      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sleeping...zzzz...zzzz.zzzz... [Smile]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 12:03      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spent it talking to Scott, my baby! [Smile] [Happytears]

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
targetdrone
Geek Larva
Member # 1175

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 14:51      Profile for targetdrone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
recovering from a hangover.....
Posts: 26 | From: somewhere on the Earth | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 6 posted October 27, 2002 16:18      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:

me too

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 20:11      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IS there any other way to spend ANY extra time than by sleeping? Really? I refuse to believe it. Sleep is the only worthwile thing to do with extra hours and minutes. Ah, sleep. To bed, to sleep, perchance to dream. *dozes off*

Ah, Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 20:32      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sleep is for whimps!! I used it caffinating myself, reading /. and listening to Coast to coast AM.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 20:34      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too was awake, trying to work up the energy to get off my butt, shower, and go to bed.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Janeway
Assimilated
Member # 78

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 21:08      Profile for Janeway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surfing the Internet. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Janeway--
Author, Artist, and Dreamer Extraordinaire

Posts: 468 | From: Cyberspace, Delta Quadrant | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted October 27, 2002 21:26      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
must... carve... pumpkins....
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 21:52      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes:
I spent it talking to Scott, my baby! [Smile] [Happytears]

I spent my hour better, I spent it talking to my Twinkie [Razz] . Laughing [Big Grin] , crying [Happytears] , realizing yet again how much you love me [blush] , and being sad because I can't hold you in my arms [Frown] .
Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
rw

Member # 590

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2002 05:35      Profile for rw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, first, I went all out this year and set my clock back 12 hours, not just a wimpy one. I mean if there really is a daylight shortage, and setting back the clock helps us save precious daylight (that's why it's called "daylight savings time", right?) then why scrimp on the postage? I always try to do my part for the environment.
Posts: 429 | From: Kirkland, Wash. (US of A) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
BasementDweller
Geek-in-Training
Member # 1161

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2002 06:01      Profile for BasementDweller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spent my extra hour pondering the insignificant arrogance of humanity and their puny attempts to manipulate time. That lasted about 30 seconds - then I just started playing warcraft III.

Okey dokey then.

--------------------
As weird as a severed head floating down the river, that's what I say!

Posts: 34 | From: longmont, co, usa | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2002 06:06      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People always misunderstand that. We're not attempting to manipulate time. We're manipulating our *perception* of time. And humanity has been into manipulating our perception of things since the discovery of alcohol [Smile]
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
technosquirrel 101
Geek
Member # 1738

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2002 10:03      Profile for technosquirrel 101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
I guess this is only for those of us Geeks in the US. In case ya'll didn't notice, daylight saving time ended this weekend. So, how did you spend that blessed extra hour?

Me? I was out with my friends. I quite rather enjoyed the hour. [Big Grin]

nah, daylight savings time is international. it changes in all countries all over the world (well, maybe not in all but in all that are infected by the euroamerican=western timescheme).

so well, i spent more than one extra hour (hey, sounds like some kinda bonus) to watch all of my world-clocks change... yay, 23 extra hours! (but as the story goes, i fell asleep during israel and syria... [Frown] )

--------------------
...this post was brought to you by technosquirrel 101. - "who said i had a plan?"

Posts: 142 | From: the "XMS Memory", cabin 934, C-Deck | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dajt
Mini Geek
Member # 627

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2002 10:36      Profile for dajt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately for me, little redheads, like dairy cows, don't care what the clock says, and want attention at the same time of day no matter what the clock says.

I've never understood why dairy farmers don't milk their cows at the same time UCT winter or summer and ignore what the wall-clock says, but I guess they're as much slaves to the local clock as everyone else. It's a pity--the cows would be happier if they got milked at the same time all year round.

--------------------
We've succeeded when a Linux release is front page news.

Posts: 98 | From: Boston MA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2002 10:36      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Set the clocks back and hour???? I screwed up and set mine AHEAD 11 hours..........I am such an IDIOT

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2002 11:34      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Set the clocks back and hour???? I screwed up and set mine AHEAD 11 hours..........I am such an IDIOT

so did i!!!

luckily i've got an old analogue alarm clock, so it didn't make any difference at all...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted October 28, 2002 20:19      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
must... carve... pumpkins....

Damnit! I don't have one single pumpkin [Frown] ... my mommy promised we'd get one today, too [Frown] [Frown] .

WHEN WILL I HAVE MY PUMPKIN???!!

Ooooh! A pin... *reaches down to pick pin off ground, not realizing she is about to fall into oblivion*

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS????

... (0.0)

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
iballoondesign
Highlie
Member # 1037

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 29, 2002 22:13      Profile for iballoondesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:

I second
[Embarrassed]

--------------------
[color=blue]My brain is loading, please wait...[/color]

Posts: 569 | From: Irving, TX | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
invisikitty
Mini Geek
Member # 1764

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 15:17      Profile for invisikitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dunno...I spent mine gaining a hangover...

--------------------
"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...
we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively,
there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we
are the imagination of ourselves.....Here's Tom with the weather. "

Bill Hicks

Posts: 98 | From: ...under the couch.... | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2002 10:39      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Playing Dungeon Siege...

Also chatting with friends (why is Shelly never on? WHY??????)

-Oz

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture