homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » About Anger

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: About Anger
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2002 03:58      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surely one of you has a surefire way to release anger? I don't mean frustration, I mean all out "I'm going to kill you" ANGER. No Karmic bullshit here, I'm serious.

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2002 04:06      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
get a punching bag
take up a violent sport
play fps games..

the list can get pretty long or you can always go on a killing spree

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2002 05:11      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Karate. Or a very long run.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted October 26, 2002 05:47      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I knew! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2002 12:59      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like Xanthine said..a long run or fast walk. If that doesn't work, break a few things.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2002 13:31      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get a massage . [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2002 13:48      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FPS works ok, personally I am more into the RTS and a bottle of vodka though.

--------------------
"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
-Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
technosquirrel 101
Geek
Member # 1738

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted October 26, 2002 14:40      Profile for technosquirrel 101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
go get one of these 'buzzers' they use in gameshows, attach some styrofoam to it, and hang it onto a tree's trunk.

get some explosive with electric blasting cap and make it a circuit with the buzzer and a battery.(long wires!)

now punch the buzzer as hard as you can...

to punch something and get some 'feedback' really takes away the anger... [Wink]

--------------------
...this post was brought to you by technosquirrel 101. - "who said i had a plan?"

Posts: 142 | From: the "XMS Memory", cabin 934, C-Deck | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted October 26, 2002 18:32      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess what you did last night is good... and then a jog/good run would do it.

Just don't hurt yourself... even if it's while stabbing knives in the wall.

When I get very angry, it either results in physically hurting someone (i.e. a punch, kick, etc.) or me breaking a dish, glass, CD...

But I've never been as angry as Bees is. My poor little Geekman... you'll be alright [Happytears] *muah*...

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2002 20:34      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A good run etc just gives me time to think about it.. I've tried those kinds of things, they've never worked, just get me either angrier, or frustrated that I can't vent the anger.. Even if I did do what my anger leads me to want to do I would still just be angrier and frustrated, because I know it wouldn't help.. that's why I generally don't act on my anger, it never helps the situation, though it makes me feel like shit in the long run.

--------------------

Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 10:30      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fencing. Nothing gets the agression out like fencing. Although I suppose Bokken fighting and other forms of martial art may work as well. Seriously. Whenever I get really steamed, I go find someone to fence with. By the time I'm done, all the anger is gone.

I agree with your assessment of running etc: The ideal activity when angry is thought-intensive activity. You don't want time to muse about things. FPS's work, if they're fast-paced enough (I love Serious Sam, m'self)

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 22:24      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Martial arts would probably be the best bet, but between school and work I don't have time. And now they're going to *Make* me do the senior project or not graduate.. Goddamned assholes, it's not even legally a part of the requirments for graduation untill 2012 [Mad] .... FPS's don't work, the only games that actually get my mind off of things are a REALLY good RPG, or a good MMORPG... Ooh, the most satisfying thing is to get together with some people and some LARP weapons (foam rubber and PVC piping weapons, I like the pike or double swords personally), and having sparring matches with them, or all out battles.. I can ownz all the people I used to fight against at once when I used the pike (it was three against me [Cool] )

--------------------

Alien Investor
Highlie
Member # 242

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted October 28, 2002 09:15      Profile for Alien Investor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Find a public company full of ass-clowns whose stock is trading at more than $5 per share. Short-sell them. If the stock goes down, you make money and get to express some schadenfreude. If the stock goes up, then your anger at your own bad judgement will replace your previous anger.

Remember to do a couple hours of due diligence first!

I like to do this with: GTW, CA, DCLK, NOVL, MSFT.

Posts: 627 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture