homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Want to know if there's a big Mac presence in Cincinnati or Pittsburgh

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Want to know if there's a big Mac presence in Cincinnati or Pittsburgh
Lukasha
Newbie Larva
Member # 1168

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted July 14, 2002 17:03      Profile for Lukasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking about moving closer to my family in a couple of years and I'm a computer consultant by trade. I work on both PC's and Macs, but prefer Macs. Two of the cities I'm thinking about moving to are Cincinnati and Pittsburgh. What I'd like to know from anyone who knows those places is are there a fair amount of small/medium business or individuals that use Macs so that I could have a decent enough customer base, or at least get a job at a company that has a good portion of Macs. Thanks in advance!

[email protected]

Posts: 5 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 14, 2002 18:00      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might do a google search for MacUser groups in those towns. I'm willing to wager their e-mail liasons will be glad to help you out.

http://macsupport.about.com/cs/centralusgroups/

Here's a start!

Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2002 03:35      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm sorry i can't help you in cincinati... but, most places that i've been to are windows oriented. however, here on martha's vineyard, every store that i've been to since i've been comming here for 10 years uses macs, except for: The evil black dog, cronig's market, and A&P. Most stores are run by imacs, though Macile marine is run my a duo. Most individuals here use macs too. Guess it just goes to show you that there can be big areas of windows people, yet a few small areas, where the people are just plain nice, and what do you know, they all use macs.

------------------
my geek code
Hazards: "There is an island of opportunity in the middle of every difficulty, miss that, though, and you're pretty much doomed."

Alan!
Geek
Member # 1261

Icon 10 posted July 15, 2002 06:37      Profile for Alan!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lukasha:
Want to know if there's a big Mac presence in Cincinnati or Pittsburgh

I am fairly sure that there's a McDonalds in every state.

Alan!

Posts: 219 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2002 07:10      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, i am not sure about pittsburgh, but in cincinnati. I know that there is an apple store in one of the malls, and there is a user group, that is pretty cool. It has about 200 active members in it. Other than that, there are a lot of mac people down at the University because freshmen aare required to buy Ti books. I know that columbus also has the same type of stuff up there. I would not suggest moving to cincinnati though, it seems THEY are always doing something down there.
Nayt

------------------
Nayt: making interesting posts boring since Jan 02

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture