homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » What is your favorite cereal (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What is your favorite cereal
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 08, 2002 08:05      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to eat a lot of cold cereal, especially in high school and college. Honey Nut Cheerios is my favorite, but I haven't eaten it in quite some time. January, 1999 I went on a diet and ever since I have eaten oatmeal for breakfast nearly every day.
Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2002 10:16      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With the exception of Honey Nut Cheerios, which I haven't had in a while, I pretty much prefer something plain in the morning, like Crispix or Rice Krispies (which I also haven't had in while). Reading between the lines in the above sentence, I mainly eat Crispix these days in the morning - it just tastes good, and doesn't wake me up too much - that role is left for my nice cup of coffee which is made whilst eating the Crispix, and had on the commute and in the office/class (whichever comes first).
Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
iballoondesign
Highlie
Member # 1037

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 08, 2002 13:29      Profile for iballoondesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, I don't realize how long time, I have never eat cereal since I was young. My favorite was any goodies cartoon on the cereal box.

Today, things are, sure, change alot. For rare time, I eat for breakfast are dount and egg/bacon - Mmmm!

Posts: 569 | From: Irving, TX | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
JainDough
Geek
Member # 950

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2002 15:44      Profile for JainDough     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well ever since frankenberry disappeared off the shelves my life has been empty. oh but lucky charms are good too.

------------------
hell is other people -Jean Paul Sartre

Posts: 148 | From: united states | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
shogarde
Mini Geek
Member # 1124

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2002 16:02      Profile for shogarde     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i love honey bunches of oats.

i also like cinnamon toast crunch and trix, but their too sugary to eat all the time.

Posts: 65 | From: hmm...let's see. there's a leprichaun talking to me, maybe i'm in ireland | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2002 19:43      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Multi-grain Cheerios with apple juice (instead of milk).

------------------
Geekculture IRC is fun

Geekculture Decryption Team rocks!

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2002 19:50      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
So Placebo are singing about cereal now, are they?

oh, obviously.
you're so right about anorexic-brian, excepting, perhaps, the bit where you referred to him as a guy. i'm guessing that that would offend him.

as for my lame pun...i'll take any excuse to launch into a karaoke session in the kitchen.

Raptorgirl
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2002 22:34            Edit/Delete Post 
When I was a kid, I was into that stupid marshmallowy/chocolately stuff--Count Chocola, Cookie Crisp, Lucky Charms. I used to actually pick the marshmallows out of my Lucky Charms and eat those. My favorite was Cinnamon Toast Crunch, though.

Eventually I went to Pop Tarts, then to Frosted Mini-Wheats. Now I'm on Honey Nut Cheerios.

I'm getting so old and conservative.

IP: Logged
Hikaru
Alpha Geek
Member # 1142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2002 06:16      Profile for Hikaru   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Favorites are as folllows,
Rasin Bran, Frosted Flakes, and Cocoa Pebbles,
they are all pretty much right there on the same level too, I mean each provides something I like,
Rasin Bran, has rasins and that semblance of being heawlthy, that and I can mispronounce it as "Rasin Brains" when I feel like talkng like a Zombie,
Frpsted Flakes , aah whats not to love about flakes of corn toasted and coated with a metric ton of sugar glaze?
and lastly Cocoa Pebbles, it gives me that morinig chocolate fix that lasts me all day, and you just cannot beat it with a stick, , , well you probably could beat it with a stick, but it wouldnt accomplish much, but make a mess, and well since Crazy Cow is no longer on the market, its probably the best cereal out there that turns your milk icky brown.

------------------
END OF LINE _

Posts: 317 | From: AppleDale, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Akira
Geek
Member # 954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2002 11:22      Profile for Akira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of late, actually, I've become a big fan of the Quaker bagged serial that is a knock-off of Cocoa Pebbles, which itself is little more than Post's answer to Kelogg's Cocoa Crispies. Whatever -- the Quaker version has the best balance of sweetness and...um, not-sweetness, and costs less than either of the aforementioned delicacies. Win win situation.

However, I have to stop eating them until my triglycerides (whatever those may be) go down to respectable levels...

------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg.
Prepare to have your ass laminated.

Posts: 223 | From: LA LA land | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2002 11:42      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a big Corn Flakes fan. Yeah, I know, boring....

Cheerios are good, but only if they're eaten straight from the box. They get too soggy in milk. Rice Krispies are the same way.

When I was younger, I liked Alpha-Bits, Apple Jacks, and Honeycomb.

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Raptorgirl
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2002 16:13            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by greycat:
[B]Cheerios are good, but only if they're eaten straight from the box. They get too soggy in milk. B]

Ugh. I can't have milk with my cereal. I can't have milk, period.

How can you people put beverages in your cereal?!?

IP: Logged
babylon
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 1194

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted March 12, 2002 20:41      Profile for babylon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ummm
apple jacks

quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:
What kind of cereal really gets you crowing in the morning, or maybe used to when you were younger..................Z

Posts: 1 | From: bakersfield, CA USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted March 12, 2002 20:48      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by babylon:
ummm
apple jacks

hiya baby, glad to see ya joining up *fox hugs and licks* ...........Z

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tau Zero
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 195

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 13, 2002 09:10      Profile for Tau Zero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Raptorgirl:
Ugh. I can't have milk with my cereal. I can't have milk, period.

Me either, but I do love the Quaker frosted mini-wheats as snack food.

Beverages on cereal are just great, but people give me funny looks when I pour bourbon on my cornflakes so I don't do it any more.

Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2002 09:44      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Hikaru:
I can mispronounce it as "Rasin Brains" when I feel like talkng like a Zombie

Speaking of Zombies and cereal, has anyone else seen "Dead Alive"? (I think it went by another name outside the US) After watching the living dead eat cornflakes in that movie, I had to stay away from cereal for a while.

DUCT TAPE
Geek
Member # 887

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2002 07:37      Profile for DUCT TAPE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there is no one favorite cereal. i like all of those sugery kids cereals. captin crunch (with crunch berries, of corse) co-coa puffs, recese puffs, rasin brand crunch is pretty good as far as healthier cereals go.
Posts: 120 | From: under the frozen land of snow and ice | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
baker_nat
Geek
Member # 116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2002 07:40      Profile for baker_nat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being English, I prefer the full English breakfast, however, if i am forced to eat cerial... mmm.

Well it won't be sugar puffs, they look and taste like little yellow testicles.

mm. Probably shreded wheat.

Posts: 171 | From: england | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
DUCT TAPE
Geek
Member # 887

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2002 09:49      Profile for DUCT TAPE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
now that i think about it i never eat cereal for breakfast, i just have it for/with lunch and dinner. we actually have decent breakfasts, but our dinning hall lunches and dinners are awful; therefor, when meals are completly inedible i have cereal
Posts: 120 | From: under the frozen land of snow and ice | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2002 09:51      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by baker_nat:
Being English, I prefer the full English breakfast

I spent a while in England the year before last, and I have to say that the traditional English breakfast is an impressive thing indeed. Being a cereal-eater, I thought it was strange at first, but by the end of my first week in Birmingham I was enjoying beans and toast like everyone else. I think I gained 10 lbs. on that trip. :S

TheAnnoyedCockroach
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1115

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2002 12:32      Profile for TheAnnoyedCockroach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Life is by far the greatest breakfast cereal in the world.

And Cinnamon Toast Crunch... Fruity Pebbles in a pinch.

------------------
If you flip a coin a thousand times, how many times would it end up heads?

Posts: 1063 | From: The Devil's Dance Floor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Trinity
Geek Larva
Member # 1190

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2002 17:27      Profile for Trinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Two scoops of raisins in Kellog's Raisin Bran!!"

By far my favorite cereal, but you have to add extra raisins because Kellog's is cheap when it comes to raisins. Either that or Apple Cinnamon Cherrios (yum!)

------------------
~trinity~

"The future is not in the box, it's in the band" - Antitrust

Posts: 29 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted March 15, 2002 18:51      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried that Nesquick cereal today, it's not too bad.........Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tau Zero
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 195

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 17, 2002 11:40      Profile for Tau Zero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Trinity:
...you have to add extra raisins because Kellog's is cheap when it comes to raisins.

You noticed that too?  I'm glad, I thought I was the only one.

TechnoGram
Alpha Geek
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 17, 2002 12:25      Profile for TechnoGram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAnnoyedCockroach:
Life is by far the greatest breakfast cereal in the world.

right. and as far as full english breakfasts go, i liked bangers and scrambled eggs.

------------------
.--. .-. --- - ---

Posts: 250 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture