homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Mysterious emails

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mysterious emails
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 17:54      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok I keep getting strange emails in spanish from people I don't know. they never seem to make sense when I translate them and I have even tried online translators with no acceptable results. here is a sample email and tell Me what you think:

que pasa con el zorro hediondo solitario. oye soy el k-ezon este es mi mail, el partido del sabado, ustedes no juegan contra nosotros, sino que nosotros jugamos en el mismo equipo con ustedes.

el viernes salgamos a carretear.

--------------------
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows.~~Winston Smith

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 18:25      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My rough guess is something like the following:

What's up hedonistic solo (part of a nick of yours, no?) Zorro? Hey, I'm "k-ezon" in my e-mail (~my online nick?) - the game on Saturday - you didn't play with us, without that we are playing on the same team as you [what the hell does that mean?].

Friday, we arrive to cart [google trans. on the verb 'carretear' - I have no idea what this means either].

Anyway, that's my take on it, and I agree that it doesn't make sense...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2003 21:05      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably someone who lives in Africa or India writing spam in spanish. Just like the ones we get in english, the grammar is often a bit off.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2003 13:49      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what's going on with the stinky lone zorro. Listen, I am the k-ezon this is my mail, saturday's game you are not playing against us, instead we are playing on the same team with you.

let's go out hustling on friday.

(translation courtesy of my mom) [Big Grin]

Posts: 490 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2003 14:12      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Payhaps they're is a hidden message.. I translate it as

This is not spam Zorro, you may be the one. Look outside of your house, see those men, they are after you. Hide under the bleachers at the game saturday, I will be waiting for you there.

We will go swiping mice!

Anyway, see you!

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted November 14, 2003 15:16      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessycat:
what's going on with the stinky lone zorro. Listen, I am the k-ezon this is my mail, saturday's game you are not playing against us, instead we are playing on the same team with you.

let's go out hustling on friday.

(translation courtesy of my mom) [Big Grin]

thanks, that's the most sense it has made since I tried to figure it out. I think they have Me mistaken for another Zorro Solitario but I'm not sure. So far I have encountered three different nicks in two different countries that keep sending Me emails and trying to chat in spanish on the MSN messenger. They all act like they know Me but I am sure it is someone else with a similar nick.
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 14, 2003 21:16      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May I suggest trying a nick in a language you speak?

Might make life easier [Smile]

-WS

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2003 21:57      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:

There's always one trouble-maker who comes in with the sensible suggestion.
Where's the fun in that? [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2003 18:46      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:

-WS

actually I was able to translate a third of that message just from memory of the spanish I do recall. I suppose if the message were from spain and not mexico it would have made more sense after translation. I have a feeling there was some mexican slang involved.

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture