homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Has anyone ever read the entire Forums?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has anyone ever read the entire Forums?
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted June 23, 2003 09:15      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long did it take? Were you tired after?
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2003 09:19      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, just the thought makes me tired. [Smile]
Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted June 23, 2003 09:32      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know a person or two around here who seem to have done so, but I could never bring myself to do such a thing. I just troll the "Today's Active Topics," and even then, I filter out one or 2 threads in my head that I just can't stand to read (e.g. flame wars). Okay, all that posting has made me hungry - off to lunch I go.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2003 12:17      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you mean all the history as well?

In 2001 I usually tried to read everything daily (except for Anime, sorry), but it's become impossible as the number of members has grown. Now I usually stick to the daily posts, and often don't bother to go into a third page if one exists.

Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2003 12:50      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not everything, no. But quite a lot. [Big Grin]
Posts: 190 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2003 14:18      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you kidding? [Eek!] It would take a year just to read my posts. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2003 15:19      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would be hard enough to keep up with all the daily posts, let alone all the archives.... although I /have/ been bored this summer... hmm..

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2003 16:17            Edit/Delete Post 
I read all new posts in most forums (I leave off Anime as I don't watch it, Reviews as I don't keep up with the world, and the NitroSnagCam one). But I've not gone back and read all the old topics from before I joined.
IP: Logged
GeekAvenger
Assimilated
Member # 1895

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted June 23, 2003 22:58      Profile for GeekAvenger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I try to read all the new topics, although going through ALL the back issues.... [Eek!]

I remember the first topic i joined.....

The wizard of oz was on a guild heighliner bound for Ix.... [Smile]

--------------------
Geekier Than Thou. I think academically so therefore I'm a geek?

Ah the wonders of the crowd.

Posts: 485 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
rw

Member # 590

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2003 07:41      Profile for rw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've often wondered if you (Nitrozac) read them all ...
Posts: 429 | From: Kirkland, Wash. (US of A) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2003 08:12      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have read over 90% of the posts since I joined back in October. But the entire archive? [Eek!]

Wow that's a lot! [crazy]

I have read all of the ones in the official archived (read-only) forums and browsed through some of the older posts, but there's no way I could read everything. That's just too much.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
zorgon
Assimilated
Member # 546

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted June 24, 2003 11:23      Profile for zorgon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Apparates with a loud "pop" sound*

Heh. Well, I think the last time I read the whole board top to bottom was the week I registered.

*waves cheerily to Nitro and Snag and the oldskewlers who remain*

*Disapparates with a low bass "D"*

Posts: 385 | From: Beautiful Uptown Goleta | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 24, 2003 13:45      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, up until October of last year, I had actually read the entire forums (UBB, anyway) due to reading everything on a daily basis. Being here from the start of the UBB board kinda made that a not-too-difficult thing. Life got complex, though, and I rarely have time to even get here and read, much less post anymore :-/

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr Bill
Assimilated
Member # 553

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted June 25, 2003 06:19      Profile for Mr Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I read them all when I first found GC. (I was off work for 4 days with the flu at the time, so things are a little hazy)

<abe_simpson>Of course in those days, we had to code our smileys by hand, and smileys weren't called smileys, they were called emoticons, and keyboards were known as...</abe_simpson>

Posts: 378 | From: Down the hall, second door on the right | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TouchStone
Mini Geek
Member # 1453

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2003 12:09      Profile for TouchStone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started doing just that yesterday. I was bored at work (imagine that [Eek!] ) and started checking out the GC archives. I only started on Our Stupid Lives. I'll let you know when I finish. [Wink]
Posts: 81 | From: Behind a coffee cup | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted June 26, 2003 15:44      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GeekAvenger:
I remember the first topic i joined.....

The wizard of oz was on a guild heighliner bound for Ix.... [Smile]

That was when I stayed up till about 1:00a waiting for my Airplane south! [Big Grin]

I don't even try to monitor each new post, I just read my threads, and look at anything else that seems interesting.

-Oz

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Drasca
Assimilated
Member # 276

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2003 16:12      Profile for Drasca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sits with Steen and the other forum geezers. Read a lot before I left. I'm surprised everything is archived. The old forums too?

Oh well. Fun to see the place is around, kicking, and still in a good mood.

--------------------
-Drasca
"To dream is the most wonderful and foolish thing there is"

Posts: 400 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2003 18:22      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Actually, up until October of last year, I had actually read the entire forums (UBB, anyway) due to reading everything on a daily basis. Being here from the start of the UBB board kinda made that a not-too-difficult thing. Life got complex, though, and I rarely have time to even get here and read, much less post anymore :-/

..and we really miss you. [Frown]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture