homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Spring in North America (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Spring in North America
schnurren
Geek
Member # 1571

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 08, 2003 17:30      Profile for schnurren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
few,
I expected polar bears and penguins (well, not really).

And thanks for the help with the German. I'm very nervous about saying things all wrong in German, and I can use all the help and practice I can get. Even in odd places like a forum about new england weather : )

Posts: 184 | From: PA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
evilbibo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted April 08, 2003 17:45            Edit/Delete Post 
Had a fun weekend here in MI too, the ice storm knocked out our power friday night. By sat. night the apt. manager got a huge generator hooked up to get the building heat and hot water, which made it possible to stay in the building, and being most of the tennants are disabled including my wife heat was a must when one has poor circulation. I played lots of games on my new Game Boy SP and was able to surf and email on my web phone (I did have to run out and get car chargers for them). We also stayed in bed and got lots of sleep. Monday afternoon the power finally came back, I threw out over $100 of spoiled food in the fridge and freezer and we spent all day catching up on email. All in all it wasn't too bad, could have been much worse.
IP: Logged
xaxnar
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2009

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted April 09, 2003 10:35      Profile for xaxnar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We got about 3 inches the other day, not as bad as might have been. The big deal now is whether to root for more snow (8 more inches and we have a new record for the area) or get on with spring already. Like we have a choice! There may be a storm headed our way by the weekend.

I recall getting cancelled out of a parade at the last minute last year because of snow - in MAY!

It ain't over till it's over. [Razz]

Posts: 49 | From: North America, early 21st century | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted April 09, 2003 14:42            Edit/Delete Post 
[(Off-topic) schnurren: If you want some fun with German, install German versions of some of your software, such as your browser. I found that installing the German version of iCab was most disorientating - stuff like right click > open link in new window suddenly became a task, until I started working out what it all meant (and my archaic dictionary is of no use). One of the best words is 'Zwischenablage' for clipboard - I figure it means something like in-between storage.

Enjoy.]

IP: Logged
Luftputzmaschine
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2117

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 09, 2003 17:42      Profile for Luftputzmaschine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I speak German fluently, so that wouldn't be a problem for me. I'll get the Finnish version of Chimera (or whatever it's called now, Camino I think)

--------------------
Let the computer become your world.

Posts: 12 | From: San Jose, CA (10 blocks from Apple) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture