homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Snow, Snow, Snow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Snow, Snow, Snow
xaxnar
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2009

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2003 18:14      Profile for xaxnar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am getting just a little tired of the stuff we do around here to keep out palmetto bugs and fire ants. It's called winter, but this year somebody ordered the large economy size. Like a lot of other people on the eastern seaboard of North America, we are at this moment getting a large distribution of frozen water.

It's not bad enough that it falls on us; the wind keeps picking it up and moving it around. With 500+ feet of driveway and multiple storms so far this winter, I have no desire to calculate how many tons of snow I've attempted to move with an increasingly cranky snow blower. I have learned one thing though. It doesn't matter which way you have the snowblower pointed; the wind always changes to blow it back into your face.

It's probably a corollary to the law that says it doesn't matter where you sit around a campfire - the smoke always ends up blowing into your eyes eventually.

As far as waiting for the return of robins to signal spring, no such luck. We have some diehard ones that tough it out all winter around my house. Right now, they're as deep into the thickets as they can get - and they're angry.

Weather like this is a good excuse to sit at my Mac and turn old vinyl into CDs.

Posts: 49 | From: North America, early 21st century | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture