homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » What's a good date movie? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What's a good date movie?
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2002 05:08      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
Contrary to popular belief, spungo, not every girl puts out on the first date.

Then, do they provide refunds?

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2002 07:20      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Contrary to popular belief, spungo, not every girl puts out on the first date...

Ah, but this is clearly not a first date. It's a first home movie date. If sex isn't happening then, it ain't happening later on.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2002 08:52      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
quote:
Contrary to popular belief, spungo, not every girl puts out on the first date.

Then, do they provide refunds?
The check's in the mail. [Wink]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2002 09:12      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [blush]

He didn't mean it *that* way [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2002 09:35      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Contrary to popular belief, spungo, not every girl puts out on the first date. Or so I've been told. [Wink]

That said, Bed of Roses with Christian Slater-EVERY girl wants that guy, even though in real life he was a drugged-up girlfriend-beater at the time.

Bed of Roses is the reason roses are my favorite flower. And if you get in on DVD you have the bonus of the Jann Arden music video.

well i guess i should have known by the time you drove me home
by the vagueness in your eyes
casual goodbyes
by the chill in your embrace, the expression on your face told me
maybe you might have some advice to give
on how to be
Insensitive

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alien Investor
Highlie
Member # 242

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted November 01, 2002 13:41      Profile for Alien Investor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Getting out of the gutter here ...

You and your date could see two movies instead of one. First a movie that one person picks, and then a movie that the other person picks. If you don't have time for two movies, take turns.

I'd much rather see my date's favorite movie, and show her my favorite movie (I like "Falling Down" and "Fearless" and "Gattaca"), than try to pick one movie that sorta appeals to both of us.

Posts: 627 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 822

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2002 14:20      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, is the point here to watch a good movie or is the movie just an excuse to be together?

If the movie is just an excuse, the more boring, the better... you won't mind missing it. It took me 3 tries before I got to see Jerry McGuire all the way through, and every time I was slightly irritated that I didn't.

--------------------
"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
-Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2002 19:06            Edit/Delete Post 
If sex isn't happening then, it ain't happening later on.
And they have to have sex... because...

Forgive me... I'll just go back to whatever planet I flew in from

IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2002 19:27      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
If sex isn't happening then, it ain't happening later on.
And they have to have sex... because...

Forgive me... I'll just go back to whatever planet I flew in from[/qb]

Uilleann, believe it or not, there may come a day when you'll meet a girl, become extremely smitten with her, and want to be intimate with her. They don't have to have sex, but physical attraction and lust can be very powerful.
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2002 20:43            Edit/Delete Post 
You think I'm an undead or something? I know what physical attraction is all about, that was not my point... I trust I don't have to spell it out in simple words in a place like this?
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2002 21:01      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'm just too stupid to understand then. When you say "and they have to have sex because..", it sounds like you can't fathom the idea that they would want to have sex. I thought you had said before that sex is not a priority for you right now, or you don't understand the big deal about it, or something like that, but I could be wrong. I did not mean to offend.
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2002 00:13            Edit/Delete Post 
If I didn't know why they wanted to have sex, I'd have said that... The goal of the exercise of this topic was to determine a good movie to watch, and it had nothing explicitly to do with sex at all, though maybe it was implied and I never realised.

I was unhappy with both what seemed like a display of acceptance at the idea of casual sex, and the fact that people started trying to determine a movie choice based on how to guarantee them sex, and so on. The guy in question refers to her as a "girlfriend/sorta friend" - despite whether you leave sex until marriage, or just until you are in a long-term relationship, this situation sounds like neither.

Don't get me wrong - I have a sex drive just like most other people, I just felt concerned at the direction the thread had been taking.

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2002 07:38      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"If she don't put out after that..." was a joke, as implied by the [Wink] after it.

>>I just felt concerned at the direction the thread had been taking.

Are you new here?? [Confused]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2002 11:52      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I'm pretty sure uilleann's aware of the trend of the threads here [Smile] .

OTOH, I have a different question, more related to the topic - What is a good date movie? When I first saw the topic, I surely thought it meant current movie in the theaters. Should I actually ask this girl out, I have no idea what might be a decent movie to go to presently. It seems that lately I've been watching some movies on DVD, and saying "That would have been a great movie to take someone to," but I am usually unable to recognize this when they're playing [never mind the odds of me taking someone to the movies [Smile] ]. Meanwhile, I was watching the Matrix until 4 in the morning last night, but I don't think that would be a good date movie [Frown] [and I hear they'll be re-releasing it in a proper IMAX showing relatively soon].

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted November 03, 2002 15:38            Edit/Delete Post 
snupy:
I just glanced back over the thread and, oddly, it seems different now, as though what I read previously, is gone, although quantumfluff's comment is there - the one I quoted. I don't suppose anyone edited anything (except I corrected my end italics tag), so I guess it's just me going senile in my un-old age.

I am familiar with yours, cheezi git's and spungo's ways (which are amusing providing I have a clue what you're all on about), but whether quantumfluff was playing along or not, I don't know.

Course - dunno what I'm doing in a thread like this anyhow - I just read almost all new threads that there are - not necessarily a good idea, though

Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2002 16:52      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by skylar:
Anything that's not soppy, sappy, drippy, icky, or starring Sarah Michelle Gellar. If she's anything like me - she'd like it if you took her to see something weird and slightly mind blowing; Being John Malkovich is a good film for that.

sky

Sarah Michelle Gellar *shudder*

Is The Big Labouski(sp?) a good one fer that, too? I dun remember much from it, but I remember it was a tad 'off' and that I liked it.

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2002 16:53      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing's changed in the thread, Uilleann.

What I hope everyone realizes by now is that most of our comments are meant to be tongue-in-cheek.(Yes, I realize it's a poor choice of words given the audience, but I can't think of another fitting term.) If you read our posts closely, none of us are actually getting any lately, though I won't insult anyone's intelligence by claiming it's by choice, at least for me. [Frown]

--------------------

graphicrevolution
Mini Geek
Member # 1748

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 03, 2002 19:39      Profile for graphicrevolution   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
three words; Six String Samurai

--------------------
Hey, what's that on your face?

Posts: 61 | From: outside philadelphia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
gallimaufry
Geek
Member # 1549

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 01:40      Profile for gallimaufry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

What I hope everyone realizes by now is that most of our comments are meant to be tongue-in-cheek.(Yes, I realize it's a poor choice of words given the audience, but I can't think of another fitting term.) If you read our posts closely, none of us are actually getting any lately, though I won't insult anyone's intelligence by claiming it's by choice, at least for me. [Frown]

I used to get laid. Back in my heyday. SIGH.

--------------------
la de da

Posts: 154 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 02:38      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

What I hope everyone realizes by now is that most of our comments are meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

oh,oh,oh...no, i won't make a comment

(Yes, I realize it's a poor choice of words given the audience, but I can't think of another fitting term.) If you read our posts closely, none of us are actually getting any lately,

i don't know about you but i'm getting loads. every day there's more bills to pay.

though I won't insult anyone's intelligence by claiming it's by choice, at least for me. [Frown]

i see, we're talking about sex are we? well the only reason i'm not getting any is cos i don't want any. i have decided to become a monk and need a period of abstinence to get back my spirituality.

/cheezi collapses in pool of self-pitying tears, and clouds of cheez mould.

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 05:15      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, cheezi, go with that one. [Wink]

--------------------

cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 05:19      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, cheezi, go with that one. [Wink]

no, honestly, i don't miss it, i can do without cuddles, i don't need the intimacy of a loving, caring, hot, sexed-up woman. i...i...

/cheezi runs off into the distance, tearing his hair out, gesticulating in a mad and dangerous fashion, and making a sound like a mix between scaping a blackboard with metal nails, and a 747 taking off, with a bit of echo, put through a marshall stack turned to 11 (it's like, just a bit louder than 10)

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 05:35      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did I hear my name??? [Wink]

--------------------

cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 05:49      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Did I hear my name??? [Wink]

hey snups, the spungoid might be reading! an' i heard he's one real mean mutha. well, he never buys a round in the pub... he's about 6'2" and built like a, a really big thing, or so i heard. he's also an evil spammer, and can crash anyone's computer.

but, i don't have anyone special at the moment so if any laydees out there need a bit of ...

sorry, i was going to go into a barry white routine there, but barry white is dying. can you believe that?!

the lurvemeister, the rod of steel when all around fall down, the honey shoveller, the sweet milkman of romance - he's got liver cancer. and you know what that means geeks and geekettes: he was/is probably an alcoholic. this just destroyed the whole world's opinion of the original purveyor of damp feelings to lonely housewives...

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 07:13      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[QUOTE]posted by cheezi git:
...well, he never buys a round in the pub...

I don't find that hard to swallow for some reason... [Wink]

... a really big thing, or so i heard.

Oh, really??? [blush]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture