homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » I hit the bottom.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I hit the bottom.
mephisto

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2002 09:30      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never been this depressed. *sigh. oh well. I feel like someone could hit the flusher right now and just send me careening down the toilet bowl into oblivion.
what a great feeling!

spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2002 09:43      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mephisto:
Never been this depressed. *sigh. oh well. I feel like someone could hit the flusher right now and just send me careening down the toilet bowl into oblivion.
what a great feeling!

Hey, whattup, big guy? Que pasa? Remember: a problem shared is a problem..umm...thingied..or something.

Tell Uncle Spungo.

------------------
A meat factory is a beautiful thing.

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2002 09:48      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ehh. its too much to talk about on the board. I just feel like shit right now.
staring at a partial diff question and i can't even make sense of the symbols much less than solve the bloody thing. its not the math thats getting me down. its that i'm down thats affecting my thinking capacity.
love your sig by the way.

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 20, 2002 10:05      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about posting your partial diff problem?

------------------

mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2002 10:08      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh. thats low. trying to solve my partial diff problem for yourself. well, it ain't gonna happen. I already finished it. had about 6 coffees and now am thinking of going out and getting a pack of cigs. I know my wife will kill me for even thinking it, let alone saying it. I won't get the cigs but hey sometimes when you feel like shit, you need something. and right now I'm waiting on an email and i need to know what the hell is going on. why me? why my life?
now i feel homicidal. I hope nobody crosses me today and that i have a perfect on that organic chem midterm i'm getting back today night or i'm going to go kill something. Honest to god.

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 20, 2002 10:16      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hope nobody crosses me today and that i have a perfect on that organic chem midterm i'm getting back today night or i'm going to go kill something.

Err...that might be the six cups of coffee. [Spungo ducks, and runs cowering under his desk...'Hm. Now where did I put that spare pair of shorts?']

Seriously, hope it went well.

------------------

mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2002 10:34      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nah, its not the coffee, i used to have a 15 cup a day habit. I have a terrific temper when i'm unhappy with something. and I don't really get violent. well, almost never, atleast not until pushed into it.
other times, in the presence of only one person in this world, i'm like a teddy bear or a little kitten. and she's not here. blah.
oh well, i know the chem midterm went really well. I just want a perfect cause i had a perfect so far in this term. oh well, Iwish i could go drown myself in something hard tonight. like i could. thanks for listening, spungo.
oh and thanks just for listening. if you ever need an "enforcer/executioner" for your self feel free to drop me a line.

TechnoGram
Alpha Geek
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2002 11:37      Profile for TechnoGram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hope nobody crosses me today and that i have a perfect on that organic chem midterm i'm getting back today night or i'm going to go kill something. Honest to god.

well, it's perfectly ok to kill cockroaches [except annoyed, of course] and other vermin... tho come to think of it, i can think of a few higher mammalians that should be forced out of this world

[i'm only posting this cuz you sound better now... ]

------------------

Free Speech Is The Right To Shout 'Theater' In A Crowded Fire.

Posts: 250 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2002 11:58      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TechnoGram:
well, it's perfectly ok to kill cockroaches [except annoyed, of course] and other vermin... tho come to think of it, i can think of a few higher mammalians that should be forced out of this world

[i'm only posting this cuz you sound better now... ]

Even though quite capable of taking apart even the higher mammalian life forms that bug me, i would never do it. I'm too soft hearted to do it. as for feeling better, yeah I'm okay. but damn, some people still bug me and some are lucky they are geographically far enough from me not to actually take them for a "walk" and a "chat".
I'm in a bad sort of antagonistic mood today, oh well.

TechnoGram
Alpha Geek
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 20, 2002 13:40      Profile for TechnoGram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Even though quite capable of taking apart even the higher mammalian life forms that bug me, i would never do it.

i know -- i'd never have posted it if i thought you were...

quote:

I'm too soft hearted to do it. as for feeling better, yeah I'm okay. but damn, some people still bug me and some are lucky they are geographically far enough from me not to actually take them for a "walk" and a "chat".
I'm in a bad sort of antagonistic mood today, oh well.

yeh, i've been in those moods too. they suck.

------------------

Free Speech Is The Right To Shout 'Theater' In A Crowded Fire.

Posts: 250 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2002 23:23      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, maybe there's something in the air because I've been hatin' life for the past couple days and don't know why. Especially since I'm usually a pretty happy and stable person...

I've found that exercise helps with depression. As does time with a s.o. or other people who care about you. As far as midterms go, well, those just suck. I try to live with them. I'm impressed at your orgo grade though. I aced the class but never got a perfect score on anything. Then again, noone did. Breaking 130 on a 150 pt test was considered obscene.

Murderous moods also suck. I was in one today so I hid in the library and tried to do homework but passed out on my notebook instead. When I woke up I felt really lame but less belligerent. I only recommend this treatment in extreme cases such as when you're forced to skip a karate class or...forget it. I'm not going to even go there.

------------------
Take by surprise and the world gives up resistance.
- Tennesee Williams

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
EngrBohn
Uber Geek
Member # 476

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2002 02:47      Profile for EngrBohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try a catharsis. Here's how I've dealt with the occasional need to strike something...

If it's only a mild need, Quake (or Wolfenstein 3D before that) -- set it in God mode, give yourself all weapons, maximum ammo, and Cheat-Quad-Damage -- then go through the maze and puree everything that points a weapon at you. That usually gets it out of my system in 15-30 minutes.

Once, it was clear that would be insufficient. I went to the back yard, grabbed a log off the wood pile, and started striking at the trees (fortunately, where we lived at the time, our back yard was in the woods, so no one but my wife could see me). That did wonders to create an emotional release -- after a few minutes, not only could I not hold onto the log anymore, but my wife had to hold me up.

The one time I really, truly wanted to kill somebody, I dealt with it by distracting myself with keeping other people from bleeding and later with rebuilding.

Of course, sometimes just working on a puzzle is enough to clear my mind.

------------------
cb
Oooh! What does this button do!?

Posts: 987 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
fromagirl
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2002 03:06            Edit/Delete Post 
Awww!! I say just embrace it and even wallow in it if you like .. and I don't mean that sarcastically at all. I think that, especially people that are soft-hearted and teddy bear like, a lot of people just need time to be on the other end. You sound like a cool dude. You'll come out of it O.K. Just be pissy until your full up. If you are how you describe yourself, you'll come out of it soon enough. Everyone will live and all will be better. Rant on guy and feel the bleh. ..... and then smile . ... wink ... oh ... ....
IP: Logged
Hikaru
Alpha Geek
Member # 1142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2002 10:36      Profile for Hikaru   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not tryin to get off topic put Spungo's quote about meat factories is cool,
I dont know what it is about em, but I love the smell of a clean butchershop in operation when theyre cutting fresh meat, dont know why. oh well, maby I'll ask Mr Owl, , ,

------------------
END OF LINE _

Posts: 317 | From: AppleDale, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2002 17:51      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say that the smell does nothing for me, but the sight of blood and i pass out. I cut myself and fainted from that sight. I don't deal to well with blood.
Nayt

------------------
c:/dos
c:/dos/run
run/dos/run

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 22, 2002 09:53      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should explain my sig: (it has nothing to do with liking meat)

I had been thinking one night about diverse and unrelated things when it occured to me that my earliest memory was this orange picture of this German/Dutch girl that was (and probably still is) on the side of all Schnieder's meat trucks (Schnieder's may be a Canadian thing - I'm not sure ) anyway, they had a big Schnieder's factory in Kitchener, my home town - just down the road from where I lived. It's a truly 20th century phenomenon that marketing can intrude on your very psyche. That's kinda what I was thinking - nothing profound or anything.

------------------

MBoprey
Geek
Member # 1205

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted March 24, 2002 17:52      Profile for MBoprey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody should be as mad as he is and posting on a geek community.. :-P

Why doesn't he just go out and buy a new computer? New computers... ah...

------------------
Msb

Posts: 114 | From: In the crevices of my iBook | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2002 18:11      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by macadddikt18:
I have to say that the smell does nothing for me, but the sight of blood and i pass out. I cut myself and fainted from that sight. I don't deal to well with blood.
Nayt

I love blood. I have recurring dreams where I kill my enemies and drink their blood. An ancient warrior rite.as for cutting myself and bleeding, I once had such a deep cut so late that there would be no way of getting medical attention, so I calmly sewed my own wound up with needle and thread. Painful and fun. But them I'm a tough dude.

mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2002 18:15      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Y'know, maybe there's something in the air because I've been hatin' life for the past couple days and don't know why. Especially since I'm usually a pretty happy and stable person...

I've found that exercise helps with depression. As does time with a s.o. or other people who care about you. As far as midterms go, well, those just suck. I try to live with them. I'm impressed at your orgo grade though.

I hope you feel better Xanthine. I'm a pretty stable person to most times, except I have a temper sometimes. Thanks for the compliment on the orgo stuff. Muchas gracias .
I've spent some time with my SO and I feel so much better. *sigh.

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture