homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » What do you look like? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: What do you look like?
webby
Maximum Newbie
Member # 1094

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted January 28, 2002 13:51      Profile for webby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Akira:
[b] Question for Bregalad

Your monitor is clearly running some flavor of Windows -- so why is there also a Mac keyboard on your desk?

Now I'm all curious...

[/B]

hehehe and haven't you noticed appropriate use of book might be *nix manual or some thing

Posts: 14 | From: Karachi - Pakistan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Geordie

Member # 996

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2002 19:29      Profile for Geordie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I should post a picture.

alternate

Posts: 322 | From: Fairfax Station, VA, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bregalad
Assimilated
Member # 1054

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 28, 2002 21:41      Profile for Bregalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Akira:
[b] Question for Bregalad

Your monitor is clearly running some flavor of Windows -- so why is there also a Mac keyboard on your desk?

Now I'm all curious...
[/B]

Because I test software on both platforms.

If you look under the desk next to my hand you'll see a little bit of the top handle of a G4/400. A digital switch box lets me have up to 4 PCs on the same display with one keyboard and one mouse, but it only supports serial and PS/2. Thus the extra keyboard and mouse for the Mac.

Posts: 484 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 29, 2002 20:44      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by webby:
hummmm I belive that i never seen that much elegance before ... wow

OK, good, at leas I know that I'm not the ONLY one that was left breathless after seeing Eponine's pic.

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
CyberGoddess
Highlie
Member # 147

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2002 20:05      Profile for CyberGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me in my normal environment...

A recent pic of me...

And a picture of me from a photo shoot a photographer friend of mine wanted to play around with in the snow when I lived in Pennsylvania....

Me this past Halloween....

There's more on my webpage at http://www.cybergoddess.net if for some reason you actually want to see them :P (I have far too many...)

------------------
CyberGoddess
La Goddess of Go-Go
Official Spokesmodel of the 2000 Geek Culture Web-a-Thon!
http://www.cybergoddess.net
Member of the NBS
After Y2K Fan Club Member #15
Staff - The Cyberspace Matrix, Doylestown, PA
iGames WAN Party Community Manager

$ killall -SCREW `cat /var/run/guys.pid`; cd

Posts: 621 | From: Larkspur, CA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
EngrBohn
Uber Geek
Member # 476

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted January 31, 2002 04:56      Profile for EngrBohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beware a geek with a screwdriver

------------------
cb
Oooh! What does this button do!?

Posts: 987 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
CyberGoddess
Highlie
Member # 147

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2002 17:26      Profile for CyberGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay.. so I have to update my pic. I got my hair cut today... this pic is crappy, but...

------------------
CyberGoddess
La Goddess of Go-Go :)
Official Spokesmodel of the 2000 Geek Culture Web-a-Thon!
http://www.cybergoddess.net
Member of the NBS
After Y2K Fan Club Member #15
Staff - The Cyberspace Matrix, Doylestown, PA
iGames WAN Party Community Manager

$ killall -SCREW `cat /var/run/guys.pid`; cd

Posts: 621 | From: Larkspur, CA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tau Zero
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 195

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted February 01, 2002 09:13      Profile for Tau Zero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
whoop! whoop! Babe alert! Babe alert! whoop! whoop!
donnab
Mini Geek
Member # 1092

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2002 18:45      Profile for donnab         Edit/Delete Post 

Me & my cousin hanging out.

Hey, no one said it had to be a NEW picture, right?

------------------
Donna

Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted February 04, 2002 03:47      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tau Zero:
whoop! whoop! Babe alert! Babe alert! whoop! whoop!

Be serious Tau, this is CyberGoddess we are talking about here, get it right.

whoop! whoop! Techno-Talking Babe alert! Techno-Talking Babe alert! whoop! whoop!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Michael Edwards
Mini Geek
Member # 747

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2002 07:18      Profile for Michael Edwards   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When there are people I know only by e-mail or through web sites, if I later get to see a picture of them, I am always interested to see what they look like. I often get a mental picture of such people, and I like to see how accurate my picture was, although it's often way off.
So I was intrigued to see on this page pictures of a few people whom I have got to know a little through their messages. I think there was a previous thread including people's pictures. But only now can I put up a picture of myself, since until recently a picture of me in computer-readable format simply didn't exist. Actually, not many pictures of me exist, since for much of my life I've had an aversion to being photographed, although perhaps I permit it a little more easily now.
Here goes - and I'll see if I'm able to work out the proper syntax for posting pictures within messages:

(Am I right in guessing that you include a link to a web page with the picture, and that you don't actually send a copy of the picture directly to this forum?)

Regards, Michael.

Posts: 70 | From: Healesville, Victoria, Australia | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2002 07:21      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a pic of the beast....As you can see I'm anything other than what springs to mind when you think of a computer geek or a kernel source hacker.....

Angry Rooster
Assimilated
Member # 759

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2002 22:18      Profile for Angry Rooster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mephisto:
a pic of the beast....As you can see I'm anything other than what springs to mind when you thing computer geek, kernel source hacker.....

And he's getting married. So all the ladies may resume swooning over Spif

------------------
--Angry Rooster
"Eagles may soar, but roosters don't get sucked into jet engines."

Posts: 376 | From: Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 05, 2002 10:14      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
whoa! mephisto is a TTH!
no wonder she wanted to get hitched!

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2002 10:23      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you...thank you....
thanks snaggy.....
Maybe now I will get a cameo in AY2K as a generic TTH....i mean the TTB's need TTH's.....

Tau Zero
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 195

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2002 12:44      Profile for Tau Zero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mephisto:
Maybe now I will get a cameo in AY2K as a generic TTH....i mean the TTB's need TTH's.....

I think that would ruin the appeal to the geeks.  The whole point of the TTB's is that they have a thing for geeks, even if they aren't good looking (like The Geek himself).  This makes them seem attainable.  If they only go for TTH's, they lose their appeal.

joliet_jane
Alpha Geek
Member # 818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 05, 2002 18:51      Profile for joliet_jane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I guess it's about time I did it:
http://profiles.yahoo.com/joliet_jane

Posts: 330 | From: PA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2002 08:23      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think that would ruin the appeal to the geeks. The whole point of the TTB's is that they have a thing for geeks, even if they aren't good looking (like The Geek himself). This makes them seem attainable. If they only go for TTH's, they lose their appeal.

I would write a vicious reply but strangely having become quieter in the last little while I will not succumb to temptation.....

Bregalad
Assimilated
Member # 1054

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2002 10:19      Profile for Bregalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Tau. Part of the appeal of the TTBs is that they are attracted to geekiness rather than the "usual" traits: confident extroversion, power, money, good looks, etc. TTBs are "perfect" women, yet their desire is to be surrounded by geeks rather than CEOs or millionaire jocks.
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2002 10:57      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and just because i'm good looking and well built automatically makes me a non-geek?
great.....
well, the last ten years of my life spent working with computers and electronics among other things in complete seclusion must surely have been me being a non-geek.....
*sigh....
*throws hands up in air in complete exasperation and walks off....

NeenerNeener
Geek Larva
Member # 989

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted February 06, 2002 12:04      Profile for NeenerNeener     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*along with the other gals... watches Mephisto walk away...*

Posts: 27 | From: Kanada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
miliani
Geek Apprentice
Member # 999

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted February 06, 2002 14:24      Profile for miliani   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm back!! and people are posting pictures?!?! i can't resist...

this one's almost 1.5 weeks old... hey-- an EE trying to be taught social skills and customer service in the communications world? hahaha... maybe the picture is truer to life than most of my other ones. ;-)

heck-- happy valentines day, while i'm at it. 'later, y'all!!! =)

Posts: 45 | From: atlanta, ga, usa | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
NeenerNeener
Geek Larva
Member # 989

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted February 06, 2002 14:30      Profile for NeenerNeener     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok... well, that's a hard one to top Millaini! SUffice to say.... I'm jealous.
Posts: 27 | From: Kanada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bregalad
Assimilated
Member # 1054

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted February 06, 2002 16:55      Profile for Bregalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tau's Techno Talking Babe Alert siren goes off again. whoop whoop
annie
Assimilated
Member # 909

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 07, 2002 07:12      Profile for annie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think that would ruin the appeal to the geeks. The whole point of the TTB's is that they have a thing for geeks, even if they aren't good looking (like The Geek himself). This makes them seem attainable. If they only go for TTH's, they lose their appeal.

I had a post somewhere on another forum (I think it's "another lets just be friends") that related to this. Actually I'm rather tempted to say that this is sexist. And who said anything about the TTB's going only for TTH's? I personally wouldn't mind if some TTH's joined AY2K.
If the geek's fantasy is a TTB, then what's wrong with a geekette's fantasy being a TTH?
And the whole thing where a gorgeous' girl's appeal is that she doesn't care what her s.o. looks like is sooooooooooooooo a double standard.
I find it offensive. But that's just me.
mephi, don't pay attention to all these geeks. They're just jealous.

------------------
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Posts: 391 | From: somewhere in Canada | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture