homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » The Matrix Revolutions 2/5

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Matrix Revolutions 2/5
Ti
Assimilated
Member # 941

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted November 16, 2003 20:32      Profile for Ti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been trying to write a review for the Matrix Revolutions for the past 4 days and I've been coming up with a blank. The problem with the Matrix Reloaded is that it is clearly not a movie that would stand on it's own. The merits of this film make it more of a continuation of the Matrix Reloaded then it's on movie. And thus, I'm going to write a review on just Matrix Revolutions. The only way to share my opinions on this matter is to review the whole trilogy and discuss the value of watching Revolutions as part of this series.

I'm afraid I put some spoilers in my long review, so if you don't want it spoiled here's the short:

I give Matrix Revolutions 2/5, see it if you liked these movies for their action

Full Review CAUTION SPOILERS

--------------------
Check out my webpage/blog/review stash
www.logichigh.com

Posts: 377 | From: Sunnyvale, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2003 22:42      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't like it, huh.

I went and saw it on the weekend expecting the worst, and was pleasantly surprised! Sure, it didn't have quite the "zing" of the original, but I still thought it improved and built on Reloaded.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ti
Assimilated
Member # 941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2003 11:47      Profile for Ti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right. It improved and built on reloaded. Maybe my expectations were too high, but this didn't even seem like a movie to me, just a "Hey we ran out of time in the last movie, so here's the rest" sort of deal. It was a very clever way to get people back into theatres. It worked just fine, and the effects/action weren't disappointing (Any Mech Jockies out there?) But over all the story disappoints. Wasted potential.

--------------------
Check out my webpage/blog/review stash
www.logichigh.com

Posts: 377 | From: Sunnyvale, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture