homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Jason X: an unlikely find

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jason X: an unlikely find
The Chump
Geek
Member # 593

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 02, 2002 12:36      Profile for The Chump   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well thriller/slasher fans, here it is.
I've just rented Jason X and here's the scoop.
Jason Voorhees is back. How, I don't know but the DVD said YES!! there will be a Jason vs. Freddy movie. Now that New Line cinema holds the rights to both franchises. It will be a kind of Friday the Thirteenth 9.5 getting us from Jason Goes to Hell to where they have him in captivity in Jason X. So there it is. At the begining of Jason X, our friendly neighborhood murderer is chained up in some kind of military science base being prepped for cryostasis when he escapes. Killing several guards and winds up locked in cryostasis anyway by our heroine. After being locked in the chamber he manages to get a singlemachete puncture through into the gut of our heroine and the whole antechamber and chamber are locked down. There is the start. 4 and a half centuries later. Both are unfrozen and that's when the fun begins. The kills are some old stand-by's of this genre with some cool new ideas from the horror side. You'll especially enjoy the face dipped in liquid nitrogen(?) and frozen and then being smashed on a counter. As a horror buff, I think it was a much needed updated to the stale feeling of the "get the campers" of the previous films.
The phases of Jason. Linda Voorhees and decayed child Jason in the last five minutes(Friday the Thirteenth), Mongoloid man with sack over his head (Friday the Thirteenth pt2), The well known hockey mask (Friday the thirteenth pts 3-8, and Jason goes to hell(pt 9)). Jason X? Goodbye hockey mask hello steel faceplate.
It's a breath of life and the ending leaves no real question as to wether or not there will be more to come.
If this isn't you're type of movie you may not enjoy it. While there's not much of a plot or any great acting, it is what it is and will remain a mianstay for a long time to come. If you're a fan watch this movie at all costs.

From the silver screen to the silver disc, this is The Chump siging off.

P.S. There's a great quote from one of the guys after finding the two co-pilots mutilated all over the command center. "I've seen worse than this. You should have been there for the Microsoft wars we were beating each other to death with our own limbs."

--------------------
Vedi Vidi Velcro "I came, I saw, I stuck around"
quality in posting since dec 2000

Posts: 184 | From: In my chair, in front of my laptop, at my desk, in my kitchen, in my aprtment, o | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture