homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » What to do? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: What to do?
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2002 14:52      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I wish more people were sensitive to the needs of the female during the emotional swings brought about by fluctuations in hormone levels.

We should honor the female for providing the children and worry about her during these times.

--------------------
Rednivek - Detroit, Michigan, USA

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted November 09, 2002 15:33      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>The male suffers internally, unable through society to express his emotions...

Unable through society, my ass. What a convenient excuse for a male species who wouldn't know how to express a true emotion if you promised them a lap dance from J.Lo. And, no, I'm not pms-ing.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2002 16:24      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my.

--------------------

graphicrevolution
Mini Geek
Member # 1748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2002 22:11      Profile for graphicrevolution   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly, men cycle every 11 minutes.. Secondly, okay, women got the short end of the stick..if it's any consolation, the planet will most likely be all yours within the next few generations. the standard definition of "Man" is no longer really useful. Thirdly, even if you did get the short end of the stick, taking it out on everyone else still isn't acceptable. If I where genuinely angry, sad, or otherwise moody for an equally legitimate reason, my making it everyone elses responsibility would not be socially acceptable, and that's not just because I'm a guy. It's because it's wrong. I'm not a woman, so I'm sure I couldn't imagine what it feels like, which always seems to be the point girls attack me with. but that being said, have testicles for a day, I dare you...it's not funny..
Posts: 61 | From: outside philadelphia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 822

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2002 04:28      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great topic. [Wink]

One thing for guys: If we tell you we have PMS the appropriate response is not "ew, thanks for sharing." Consider it a warning shot across the bow. And there *is no blood* involved in PMS.

Chocolate might seem like a good idea, but foods with lots of sugar and fat (like chocolate) usually intensify cramping.

Also, sex is good. PMS tends to intensify that particular urge. This would also fall into Xanthine's excercise category. Be prepared to cuddle and talk afterward though. (Before you guys say "ew" see the part about *no blood*.)

Yeah, we are going to have less patience and maybe be whiny. Think of how you guys are when you don't feel well. Just because it happens every month doesn't mean we aren't going to feel miserable every time. Just pretend we have the flu and deal accordingly.

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted November 10, 2002 08:54      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When the PSI in one of my front tires appears to be off and there is a 2 hour traffic jam to go 15 miles, then please keep in mind that sex and chocolates are appreciated. This is called RHS (rush hour syndrome), and is especially bad if you have a manual transmission and have to push the clutch in and out about 500+ times because you are only going 2 miles per hour. There is no blood involved unless it becomes RR (road rage). A pamphlet will be issued shortly which describes the types of acceptable chocolate and how to either stay out of my way or provide certain types of sex.

--------------------

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted November 10, 2002 09:00      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rednivek:
A pamphlet will be issued shortly which describes the types of acceptable chocolate and how to either stay out of my way or provide certain types of sex.

Won't the clutch get in the way?
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2002 12:11      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
quote:
Originally posted by Rednivek:
A pamphlet will be issued shortly which describes the types of acceptable chocolate and how to either stay out of my way or provide certain types of sex.

Won't the clutch get in the way?
Not if you're in the right position. I'd be more afraid of banging up against the stick. [Big Grin]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2002 13:43      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OOps. [blush] Sorry-I meant the stick. Thanks, Xanthine. Duh.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted November 10, 2002 16:38      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I honestly can't remember the last time on of My serious relationships survived beyond PMS, so I can't be of much help on how to deal with it. I just treat them like cars, when they start to act up, trade it in for one that runs a little smoother.........Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Alien Investor
Highlie
Member # 242

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted November 11, 2002 13:15      Profile for Alien Investor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
>>The male suffers internally, unable through society to express his emotions...

Unable through society, my ass. What a convenient excuse for a male species who wouldn't know how to express a true emotion if you promised them a lap dance from J.Lo. And, no, I'm not pms-ing.

I'm not going to let this one slide. What's with the "species"? That's stereotyping, and bashing, an entire half of the human race.

Almost all human beings have emotions (a few true sociopaths aside). This really does include men. And plenty of us men express our emotions just fine, thankyou.

--------------------
"love without fear"

Posts: 627 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2002 13:51      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think geeks and men express their emotions as well as they can. And they express them just fine, IMO.

It's not man's fault for being faulty [Wink] (haha, j/k)

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2002 15:33      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, AI, I was just responding to Rednivek's stereotype of women.

I don't know what I'm talking about anymore anyway.

-snupy

--------------------

Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2002 16:40      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Huh?

--------------------

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2002 17:20      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice edit, Rednivek. Very funny. [Wink]

--------------------

neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2002 21:36      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I coulda sworn I responded to this thread yesterday... Oh well...

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 11, 2002 21:42      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, you didn't, Scott.

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2002 16:24      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Sup people! I'm new here. Name's Patrick.

Anyway, I was talking to a friend a while back and we got to talking about PMS. I mean, as a guy, I have no idea how to deal with a friend who'se going though a time like that. Do I just back off? Or is there some way I can help?

1. Say you're going fishing with some buddies.

2. Tell her the bait machine will only take ones.

3. Head for a stripper bar.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2002 01:27      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i would shout at yourself, slam doors in your face and be as unreasonable to yourself as possible.

why? it saves time

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 13, 2002 04:30      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL!!!

--------------------

cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2002 05:39      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes:

It's not man's fault for being faulty [Wink] (haha, j/k)

it's not women's fault for thinking that men are faulty

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2002 10:52      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okies, I'm getting kinda pissed, this'll be the *fourth* message I've posted on this thread but only the second one to show up.. *sigh* Oh well, wasn't *that* important, just mentioned my disgust at the idea of going to a strip club. Ever.
Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2002 11:22      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to see you have some respect for yourself neo.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted November 14, 2002 05:41      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well he doesn't really have a reason to. Ever. [Wink]

What? Well I *do* put on a pretty good show [Smile]

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted November 14, 2002 05:44      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:
[QUOTE]it's not women's fault for thinking that men are faulty

Heehee, clever. And funny. You've got it all! I love you, Cheezi [Big Grin]

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture