homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Make HER go away! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Make HER go away!
knightwhosaysNI
Geek
Member # 2079

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted September 27, 2003 13:05      Profile for knightwhosaysNI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm betting most of you have graduated high school, and do not care about what happend there, it's in the past. Well, I'm betting you never ran into anyone in your same grade that makes you want to skip the class by faking a migrane. (fyi, i really had one)

It's a bit hard to explain, but I think I can sum it up by saying that this partuclar person teeters on being a B*tch and a Wh0re.

and she keeps asking me out!

i am pondering wheather fake being gay so she'll leave me alone, but she's freinds somehow with the school's biggest gossip. And it aint easy being gay...in kansas...

not only that, I'm too afraid to ask someone out, so I continue to be "free game" to her.

Plese, I need some options, or a way to fake suicide....

Posts: 176 | From: forest with trees | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2003 13:08      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hummm
Can't you just majorly insult her?
"You're a whore. Why haven't you dropped out of school yet?"
Maybe somethign like that? [Smile]

knightwhosaysNI
Geek
Member # 2079

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted September 27, 2003 13:22      Profile for knightwhosaysNI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that was quick..

I'm not the insulting type, and a freind of mine tried and it just makes her want more.

I think i have another plan, next year I hope to take my computer science and math at the local VO Tech, since I'll be but a lowly Junior, Maybe I can gain sympothy from the engineering majors and get them to make a really big mech to knock her into another timezone.

"oh please, mister really smart mechanical engennerring major person, Can you make a robot to catapult a local whore into the mountan timezone?"

"oh, don't worry there, we shall make a great mech that will make fanboys everywhere sweat, and put lots of Japanises characters on the side that will not make sense grammaticaly"

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2003 14:03      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK. If you're not the insulting type, you can take legal action. Sexual harrasment.
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2003 14:38      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you told her outright, "Look, I'm not interested in going out with you. You're not my type."

There's only so much beating around the bush will get you, and more than anything, it will cause lots of aggravation to all parties involved. (And folks, let's read the above sentence cleanly, mmkay?) I found out that in a similar case to yours that I had actually in some way upset some girl in high school when I was not so pleasant about such a thing. Of course, she couldn't fathom that I dealt with this kind of rejection on a routine basis, and that had probably worn down my 'niceness.' I apologized to her, and told her that quite frankly, I had not thought that she had any interest in me, and was just taking the piss (wondrous words from our other friends here; Americans: look it up before you call me a sicko).

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
knightwhosaysNI
Geek
Member # 2079

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2003 15:17      Profile for knightwhosaysNI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's good advice, I'd have to try it, althoguh I'm worried it wont help, seeing as she never takes ANYTHING seriously. other than that, I'll try it anyway. The great experiment! whoo ah!

and I'm sorry about the bad launguage, there arent many words that describe someone such as her.

unclefungus
Highlie
Member # 2118

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted September 27, 2003 17:58      Profile for unclefungus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
reach down into your deepest depths of apathy for general human life and say to her the the most offensive, suicide inducing, insulting thing you can think of to that person. Do this preferebly in a crowded, public place and very loudly. Some personal insult should do well, maybe something about her whore of a mother. [Wink]

--------------------
Professional software should not have dancing paperclips.

Posts: 613 | From: changes, right now it's Jacksonville or Fayetteville | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2003 22:45      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two Ideas:

The first and prefered method, be honest and tell her "I'm not intrested."

The other possibility is (and this is in jest and not a real suggestion)... go out with her. If the first few seconds are as bad as you imagined, than you just be as gross as possible, be a jerk and a slob. Then make make it sound like you only wanted to date her to "get with" one of her friends and throw in that "the cheap sex we'll have tonight is just a bonus." This might not be the best course of action, but it makes a good sit-com ... Didn't I see it on an old Three is Company or something (probably without the cheap sex line)?

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
magebard
Geek
Member # 1266

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2003 22:59      Profile for magebard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What if she changed, to the point of being at least acceptable to you? Would you then go out with her?

--------------------
"I'm just preparing my impromptu remarks." - Winston Churchill

Posts: 116 | From: vancouver, bc, canada | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2003 23:18      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you considered just using her for sex, and treating her like dirt until she gets tired of it and goes away?

That's what most of the guys would have done when I was in high school.

But seriously, most people aren't as bad as you think, once you get to know them. The whole bitch/whore thing may just be an act she puts on for her friends. You could go out with her once and see how you get on, or if that idea grosses you out too much, just tell her "thanks, but no thanks". If she won't take no for an answer, take out a restraining order. Just think what it'll do for your reputation, the geek who has to go to the law to get the chicks to leave him alone.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Wes
Newbie Larva
Member # 2387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 27, 2003 23:31      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haha wow... lots of suggestions... have you tried just out right ignoring her? And using that daria (monotone) voice with her constantly? And show how totaly fed up with her you are...?

The suggestion that you do go out with her, at least a first date, isn't a bad one. If it is as terrible as you expect, then just dump her. No girl likes to be dumped, she'll probably trash talk about you after or something, but it's a lot easier to have dumped than to pretend your gay. I would suggest not going down the path of lies, cuz it'll get you in trouble later. If everyone thinks you're gay, then if the perfect girl for you appears one day, you might miss your chance.

Being really rude and insulting to this girl probably isn't going to work, it sounds like she wants that sort of attention.

I had a girl hang on me for a long time and I tried the insulting, I tried ignoring, I tried dating other girls and making it clear I was doing so... but none of it got her to stop... So I went out with her... and then broke up with her... and now she won't talk to me. (true story)... I would advise you to be careful though... dating your "stalker" can be dangerous, and don't fool yourself into thinking you're enjoying a relationship you're not (you might enjoy it at first, even with a crazy girl who seems entirely annoying right now). Basically... do what comes naturally to you, to who you are. Don't lie, and don't run away. You shouldn't have to run away. If all else fails, go to someone in charge and take the sexual harrassment path, but in HS that might lead to other harrassment too... *Shrugs*

Posts: 5 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 28, 2003 00:27      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Short old fogey rant follows...

I am too old to offer you much useful advice, except not to call or even think of anyone ever as a bitch or whore. I know that with all these gangster rappers, this language has become fashionable with your age group, but frankly it stinks, and by being insulting, only makes you look small, ignorant and probably rather scared.

Remember that it is a person with feelings that you are dealing with, even though you may dislike her, so show a little respect (another word your generation uses a lot without thinking what it actually means).

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
defiant
Geek
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2003 05:50      Profile for defiant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
@Callipygous: I might be young, but I'm not the majority. [Smile] [Razz] [Beard of Peter Gabriel!] [Big Grin]
Posts: 190 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
knightwhosaysNI
Geek
Member # 2079

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 28, 2003 11:05      Profile for knightwhosaysNI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, that's good an all but I tried hanging out with this other girl, who has a boy-freind but offers some asylum, no go...

This girl is kind of like an appleII, without any memory, you can screw it as much as you want, but it will reset and go back to normal. the same applies to her, she go "i hate you" right to my face, and then 4 hours lator, she'll ask me out.

again, I bring up the Mech Idea

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 28, 2003 12:02      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Originally posted by knightwhosaysNI:
well, that's good an all but I tried hanging out with this other girl, who has a boy-freind but offers some asylum, no go...
That's only going to buy you temporary reprieve from dealing with this girl, and it's not going to make her jealous, if that's what you're thinking.

This girl is kind of like an appleII, without any memory, you can screw it as much as you want, but it will reset and go back to normal. the same applies to her, she go "i hate you" right to my face, and then 4 hours lator, she'll ask me out.
Funny.... [Smile]

I'm sorry, this is rather rude of me, but honestly, Grow Up! Yeah, I'll blame my rudeness on the codeine [Razz] (yes, I'm not getting any healthier here, so the MD stepped things up a notch). There is no Mech that can come in and save you - you must find a personal (and by that I mean socially, between persons) solution to this matter. Take *some* action, whether it be talking to her seriously, or as some people suggested, going out with her, and taking it from there, even if it means breaking up with her very quickly. It's rather contrary to what passes for my ethics, but if this girl is making your life difficult, using her might not be the worst thing. I don't really mean using her for sex, or quite anything of the sort, but more so I mean using here as a stepping stone. If you're seen going out with this girl, will it improve your image? Will other girls who you might be interested in take greater note of you because you are dating someone else? (Honestly, who here can't say that people start coming out of the woodwork once you are dating someone? Not to say that you wanted to go out with them, just a curious bit of timing...) Even if you don't have a very good time, you might learn a thing or two - call it an exploratory mission (okay, that could be taken many other ways, but let's not go there...) -- on second thought, let's call it a data-gathering mission. And then again, you might just find that you have a good time, and maybe she mellows out, and her interest in you is great enough that she'll be nice to you. Just remember, girls != evil. (Okay, I do love it when my friend says "Girls are *evil*.", but we both have girlfriends, and we don't really mean it, just that the whole thing can mess with your head at times [and I was considering it more true awhile back, before I knew a certain lab rat].)

Go out, have fun. Explore your world - don't hide from it.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 28, 2003 14:52      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I know you are making a joke, but again you are describing her as a thing. She is not an object, she is a person. You should think more seriously about the implications behind the language you use. You may also care to consider that it is possible that behind the brash front you see, she may be almost as insecure and scared as you appear to be. You don't have to like her, let alone want to go out with her, but please treat her as a human being with feelings.

It may be that the biggest courtesy you can pay her is to be honest with her about how her behaviour antagonises you, instead of bitching about it here. If you clear the air you may then be able to at least relate to each other on a normal human basis, as far as such a thing is ever possible in high school. (secondary education = hell imho) [Frown]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Thanatos
Mini Geek
Member # 1834

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2003 14:13      Profile for Thanatos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
/agree Callipy. The "I'm sorry, I'm just not interested" approach works, but antagonizes the self-conscious question of "why?" which translates into "what's wrong with me?" And even if the honest reason is because she's too fat, ugly, annoying, or whatever...don't get into the dirt of it. In Judo, one of the principles is not to overpower, but to use their own force and bend it to your will...same thing applies here. Use the force [Smile] convince her that whatever reason it is you don't want to date her, she should understand...perhaps befriend her. That might slow her roll a bit, and you might get a new friend. All things considered, everyone is a real person, and have some value associated with them--what you might learn from her personality might actually be of value to you...perhaps then you can start on a career in psychology [Smile]
Posts: 87 | From: I don't dare say | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
csm

SuperFan!
Member # 1281

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2003 03:58      Profile for csm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just have a couple things to add:

1) Girls talk to each other: If you treat this girl like complete crap it will get out to the other girls in the school, and your chances of having a relationship with anyone in Kansas will be low.

2) Go out with her: If you really want to stop the flirting, just go out with her. Set up a date, but ensure it's on your terms. Tell her you'd love to go out, we'll watch some anime, and then listen to Einsturzende Neubauten, or whatever. Be yourself as best as you can be in the geekiest way possible. If she's still around after this, then you might have something there.

Telling some people you aren't interested only fuel's the fire. Letting them overdose on you if they're not ready for that might give you peace without sacrificing yourself in the process.

(To have these problems when I was growing up. Sheesh! [Smile] )

--------------------
Objects in signature are funnier than they appear.

Posts: 34 | From: A well connected outhouse in Michigan | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rolgar
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2275

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2003 08:19      Profile for Rolgar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You might take them up on that suggestion to go on a date. Do something you really enjoy. If she likes it, then you might have yourself a keeper. If not, make her so bored, she will remember how bad a time she had.

BTW, I'm from Topeka. Props to my fellow Kansan.

Posts: 12 | From: Kansas | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 03, 2003 09:58      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see there is a common advice thread here. Everyone says "Go out with her". But they all suggest different ideal outcomes. So, here's my two cents:

"Use her for sex" --- Very bad idea. STDs? Pregnancy? Hello?

"Do something super geeky" --- Also bad idea. This will get around, and if you are not being honest with yourself, other people will expect this behavior from you.

"Do something really fun" --- This is a fantastic idea. In fact, why don't you ask her what she would like to do, and then suggest what you would like to do. Be reasonable. Remember, girls do talk to each other, and no-one is as attractive to the opposite sex as someone who is dating successfully.

Treat this like "Human Skills 101: Remedial studies". All attention in HS can be turned into good attention. If a bully is beating you up, a well placed prank (something only a true geek could get away with) will do wonders. If no-one talks to you, try examining your behaviors and attitudes. If someone is stalking you, consider that a great way to improve your social skills.

Don't be insulting or cruel. I can bet you will have enough nastiness in your life. Try not to be on the giving end of it.

-WS

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2003 12:58      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If other girls see you being mean to her, they may assume you will be mean or use them. This will not get you other dates.

Have you tried talking to her friends to see, if they might give you ideas about why she is behaving like this or how to get her to stop.

I once had a guy who acted all loud and obnxious around me because he liked me and it made him nervous. Maybe if you went out she would relax and you might like her.

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2003 16:04      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been having a re-read of this thread, and the advice of many seems to be go out with her, even if you don't like her.

The thing that's bothering me is this, if it was a girl who was being pestered by a guy who just wouldn't take no for an answer, what advice would we be giving her?

There's be talk of police, restraining orders, pepper-spray, and a good swift upper-cut to the family jewels.

Why do we naturally assume that it's somehow 'wrong' or 'nasty' for a guy to refuse a girls advances?

Why would we be fearful of the male 'creep', but seem to assume there's no danger from the female 'creep'?

Not that I'm saying the lass in question is a creep, but there's a double-standard operating here.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2003 16:46      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
she go "i hate you" right to my face, and then 4 hours lator, she'll ask me out.

This girl sounds a little.... not quite right in the head. Perhaps she's bi-polar or something. Either way, you don't have to put up with her back and forth crap. It sounds to me like she's screwing with you on purpose. Next time she asks you out, remind her that 4 hours previous she hated you. Then inform her that you're simply not interested in someone so wishy washy and you'd rather she simply leave you alone.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jack's Feeling of Rejection
Geek Larva
Member # 2399

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2003 02:28      Profile for Jack's Feeling of Rejection   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
love her and leave her
jk

--------------------
The first rule of fight club is:
we do not talk about fight club.
The second rule of fight club is:
WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB

Posts: 27 | From: Angwin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2003 07:37      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
I've been having a re-read of this thread, and the advice of many seems to be go out with her, even if you don't like her.

The thing that's bothering me is this, if it was a girl who was being pestered by a guy who just wouldn't take no for an answer, what advice would we be giving her?

There's be talk of police, restraining orders, pepper-spray, and a good swift upper-cut to the family jewels.

Why do we naturally assume that it's somehow 'wrong' or 'nasty' for a guy to refuse a girls advances?

Why would we be fearful of the male 'creep', but seem to assume there's no danger from the female 'creep'?

Not that I'm saying the lass in question is a creep, but there's a double-standard operating here.

Actually, I would have said the same thing either way. I do not believe it is ever appropriate to use force or violence on another person unless absolutely necessary. I don't know about anyone else, but my advice holds no matter what.

Besides, how many of us have been on the opposite side of this? Hmmm? I bet at least a few have been considered "creepy" or at least "annoying" by someone.

-WS

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture