homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Surrounded by Hormones (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Surrounded by Hormones
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2002 22:40      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ulgh. I cannot believe how silly every being on earth other than me can be at times. Particularly the females of earth. Silly silly. And gossipy. I suspect drugs, or foul play. Possibly both.

This is actually just a longwinded way of stating that Highschool relationships are far too complicated, and that they would be so much easier if well-meaning onlookers would keep their noses out of things. Yarr.

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 03, 2002 12:14      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm guessing things with that Alaskan girl didn't go well?

Hmm... well, as I would say, and to quote "Bill Clinton":

"We must move forwards! Not upwards, downwards, or forwards! And always twirling, twirling, TWIRLING towards freedom!!"

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2002 09:24      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too true, too true.
Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2002 09:25      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, do you know how to make a hormone?

Don't pay her! [Wink]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2002 11:58      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
High school relationships suck!

There was so much drama and uncertainty, plus the gossip, and not to mention the fact that even though you were "dating" an actual date occurred slightly more often than once a month. [Roll Eyes]

I am sooooooooo glad that I am out of high school. Would you believe that one guy actually allowed his mother to break up with me? [Mad] But I'm not bitter at all...

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
erp
Assimilated
Member # 602

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted November 04, 2002 14:31      Profile for erp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You were going out with the guy's mother? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Posts: 484 | From: beneath the Gables of Coral | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2002 16:14      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, but his mother did control everything he did. And when I got in a fight with her, she decided it was over between him and me. I never got to see him again. Except for one time I ran into him accidentally and he told me how he had to stick with his family even though he was still in love with me.

I guess I kinda took over this thread, sorry. My original intent was to sympathise with how silly people can be in relationships in high school.

Don't worry Coffee Geek, it will be over soon.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

gallimaufry
Geek
Member # 1549

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 01:35      Profile for gallimaufry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my housemate, byron, claims that men has PMS too. I think he might be on to something because I know an awful lot of moody and bitchy men.

--------------------
la de da

Posts: 154 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 08:07      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i thought pms just meant person missing sex

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 08:10      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>i thought pms just meant person missing sex

God damn... I've had it since Nixon!

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
erp
Assimilated
Member # 602

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 09:38      Profile for erp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If we are officially accepting that definition of PMS, it might shed some light on TMBWITW,PB's situation. Perhaps the guy's mother was just just jealous of your relationship, and couldn't stand him getting more than she was. \ [Smile] / But I guess this should be filed under a thread with the subject: "Parents, and how they mess up the relationships of their kids."

And as for Coffee...take it in stride brother. Your adventures into the surreal realm of women will sure get more interesting with time....heck you might even someday understand why they do some of the things they do (complete enlightenment on the subject of women is, however, impossible). But for now, don't try to rush it. Have fun, be yourself, and realize that "the one" will come along when you least expect it.

--------------------
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Posts: 484 | From: beneath the Gables of Coral | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Charisma
Assimilated
Member # 1164

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 13:40      Profile for Charisma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Hey, do you know how to make a hormone?

Don't pay her! [Wink]

*groan*

But apparently you wouldn't know... since Nixon anyways,

--------------------
http://www.basseq.com

Posts: 404 | From: right behind you; in the shadows | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 19:38      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by erp:
If we are officially accepting that definition of PMS, it might shed some light on TMBWITW,PB's situation. Perhaps the guy's mother was just just jealous of your relationship, and couldn't stand him getting more than she was. \ [Smile] /

Nope, we were celibate. We were also 17. I didn't lose my virginity until by current boyfriend who I have been with for almost 2 years now. I think her real problem was all the meds she was (supposed to be) on. And maybe she was just crazy.

You can call me just PB for short. [Big Grin]

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

Janeway
Assimilated
Member # 78

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2002 05:44      Profile for Janeway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys do have a form of PMS; it's called irritable male syndrome.

--------------------
Janeway--
Author, Artist, and Dreamer Extraordinaire

Posts: 468 | From: Cyberspace, Delta Quadrant | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
erp
Assimilated
Member # 602

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 06, 2002 07:47      Profile for erp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rock on PB!

Why do I crave a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich? [Roll Eyes]

I think celibacy/virginity is a moral virtue that goes unnoticed by most these days. I mean, just turn on MTV and watch for more than 30 seconds [Embarrassed] (DISCLAIMER: any damage or emotional or physical distress, caused by the watching of said television channel, or by the vomitting of those around you, or yourself, is not the fault of this user, his employees, family or friends).

As for "Irritable Male Syndrome," I seriously think you have that confused with the after effects of the social phenomenon known commonly as a "Kegger." [Razz] Or maybe the latter is just self-medication for the former. ::shrug::

--------------------

neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2002 09:32      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Twinkie's mom [Confused] me. She did manage to say something that made me want to slap her a couple times and yell at her for an hour, but I managed to resist that urge.(though I probably wouldn't have slapped her in any case, just yelled for a while... not really yell, when I say yell I typically mean talk very angrily, at times getting loud, but not actually yelling, there's a difference.)

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2002 15:17      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wowza. I think the worst kinda parent is the 'psychobitch' kind, to use the technical psychology term. As for IMS, I think I've met at least one guy who has it. Or maybe he's just moody. Same difference, neh?

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted November 09, 2002 12:35      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get the last post!

"Stand back, weaklings!!" *standing before her takers, an army of Huberts, Kirbys, and the bisexual Green Giant*

*twinkie: says to frenchman holding leather slapping glove* "Might you do the honors?"

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2002 15:14      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for celibacy being a "moral" virte, I'd have to say not... As weather or not two consenting people doesn't involve any decissions that invoke or brake the Catagorical Imparitive. There is however wisdom in waiting, and it is something to admire.

As for IMS and PMS, I think they are both just the human form of Mad Cow... Er, wait no, I like the previous definition of PMS...

Which just leaves the original topic to comment on... High School dating isn't all like that. My High School sweet heart and I were together 3 years, and was a very happy time. I wouldn't trade tthose memories for anything... I do fee lfor you Coffe, but don't give up on love yet...

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Thanatos
Mini Geek
Member # 1834

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2002 14:58      Profile for Thanatos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
celibacy--over and underrated. I really feel that you have to have sex to appreciate what celibacy is. I'm at the point where I'd like to hold off until marriage, though virginity is long past...kind of makes me feel as if I'd be cheating on my wife before I met her, y'know? But then, I've gone and played the field, and got sick of it in my younger years...
Posts: 87 | From: I don't dare say | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted November 24, 2002 23:25      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it still 'wrong' to have sex before marriage even if you know you're going to marry that person? (I'm talking about in different cultures, since in our culture, we choose freely and therefore don't really *know* whom we might marry)

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Hesrai
Newbie Larva
Member # 1811

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2002 23:50      Profile for Hesrai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good question twinkie. I personally think it would depend on the religious bent of the culture. Even here in the US tho it is still considered taboo to many people who are very religious. So I think it would be wrong to them. Not me tho [Big Grin] .

Dont worry Coffee...as you get older and out of high school, most of the head games diminish a bit. Not always tho, but a lot of women grow out of their childish games. Men too [Big Grin] . Just make sure you graduate and dont let them pull you down.

--------------------
Ah you loved me as a loser, but now you're worried that I just might win
You know the way to stop me, but you don't have the discipline
How many nights I prayed for this, to let my work begin
First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin

Leonard Cohen

Posts: 9 | From: A padded cell in the Idaho mountains | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted November 25, 2002 17:57      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if they do pull you down at least make sure you have established a "safeword" [Wink] ..........Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Thanatos
Mini Geek
Member # 1834

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 25, 2002 18:42      Profile for Thanatos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Twink, In some fundamental Islamic sects, it is considered 'shaming a woman' to have sex with her before marriage. Your choices: marry her or be beheaded. There's also a tribe in africa that believes that women are unclean...so the men must 'innoculate' themselves by drinking semen until they are 16 (true) at which point they take a wife, who is usually about 12..and when they menstruate, they have to go in huts on the other side of the village. Be glad you're where you are!
Posts: 87 | From: I don't dare say | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 27, 2002 12:34      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
US culture varies quite a bit from one region of the country to the next. It also depends on which person you ask. My mother would tell you that sex before marriage is wrong. I hold the opposite opinion.

Personally, I have a strong feeling of revulsion for people who insist that one should save oneself for marriage. I believe you should have sex whenever you're both ready for it. Of course, "ready" is an extremely subjective term (and I won't attempt to define it).

To be bluntly honest, "culture" in the US in this particular matter is usually defined by the size (or armaments) of the young woman's father.

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture