homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » attracted to geeks (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: attracted to geeks
snupy
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2002 13:22            Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a female non-geek(working on it) who's hopelessly attracted to geeks. Something about the passion they feel for their computers, and the knight-in-shining-armor quality of a good tech-support guy.
IP: Logged
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2002 21:09      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My momma always told me if it is to good to be true, then it probably is.
nayt

------------------
c:/dos
c:/dos/run
run/dos/run

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 20, 2002 03:24      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
I'm a female non-geek(working on it) who's hopelessly attracted to geeks. Something about the passion they feel for their computers, and the knight-in-shining-armor quality of a good tech-support guy.

Well, hello Snupy, and welcome to GC. I hope you have a jolly time here.

------------------
"Like I said the last time Ted - it won't happen again." - Father Dougal McGuire

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2002 05:15      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome. You'll do well for yourself if you grasp geek-jokes... You'll find a lot of them in the threads that turn into Pun-Fests.
Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
rednecklinux
Geek Larva
Member # 1105

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted March 20, 2002 08:04      Profile for rednecklinux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did notice more looks from the ladies when I spouted off in class about my love of linux and all things non-microsoft. Maybe this is why those rebels get all the good-looking women. Gotta go fight the good fight! And welcome to geekdom!
Posts: 21 | From: the darkside of the south | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2002 10:01      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster:
Welcome. You'll do well for yourself if you grasp geek-jokes... You'll find a lot of them in the threads that turn into Pun-Fests.

I'm afraid the only ones I'll grasp are Monty Python-esque references. by the way, are you guys all college students?I feel ancient.

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 20, 2002 10:11      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm afraid the only ones I'll grasp are Monty Python-esque references. by the way, are you guys all college students?I feel ancient.

Don't worry - there's plenty of folk like me here, i.e., with our college days receding like... like antarctic ice-shelves. I think you'll find a fair old range of persons here, from them dang-nab whipper-snappers to the slightly-more-crotchety-than-their-age-would-suggest types, like myself.

------------------
A meat factory is a beautiful thing.

bucketofsquids
Mini Geek
Member # 1209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2002 11:42      Profile for bucketofsquids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just look ancient...23 and i'm already losing my hair! anyway, welcome aboard.

------------------
i bet vladimir nabokov was never this cool!

Posts: 96 | From: spring, tx, the moon | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
weirdo513
Geek
Member # 558

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2002 11:59      Profile for weirdo513   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We pretend to be young but we are all 70 year old men who have a gun that we named 'matilda'....

What? I'm the only one?

------------------
~Weirdo~
|Home Page|LiveJournal

Posts: 245 | From: Indiana University | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2002 17:20      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Don't worry - there's plenty of folk like me here, i.e., with our college days receding like... like antarctic ice-shelves. I think you'll find a fair old range of persons here, from them dang-nab whipper-snappers to the slightly-more-crotchety-than-their-age-would-suggest types, like myself.
I doubt your college days are receding quite as much as mine, but thanks for trying to make me feel better. I have a question-now remember, I'm a non-geek-what's wrong with Windows XP? I keep reading digs about it here,and I just got a new computer at work with it already installed. You're all makin' me nervous....

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Geordie

Member # 996

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2002 18:01      Profile for Geordie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Well its been more than a dozen years since I decided to take a few semesters off to decide on a major and I think Antioch College has probably decided I am not a student anymore.

Posts: 322 | From: Fairfax Station, VA, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheAnnoyedCockroach
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1115

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2002 20:22      Profile for TheAnnoyedCockroach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
College? College?

Now I feel like one of those "whippersnappers" I've heard so much about...

------------------
If you flip a coin a thousand times, how many times would it end up heads?

Posts: 1063 | From: The Devil's Dance Floor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 822

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2002 00:12      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rednecklinux:
I did notice more looks from the ladies when I spouted off in class about my love of linux and all things non-microsoft. Maybe this is why those rebels get all the good-looking women. Gotta go fight the good fight! And welcome to geekdom!

It doesn't have to be just linux. Any guy that can get passionate about geeky interests makes me weak in the knees.

------------------
"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."
-Michael Sinz

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
fromagirl
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2002 01:28            Edit/Delete Post 
Spungo is HOT!
TechnoGram
Alpha Geek
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted March 21, 2002 01:55      Profile for TechnoGram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

welcome... and trust me, in comparison to me, you're just a young sprig... unless you're 62 you're younger than i am

/song running through head: will you still love me, when i'm 64?

and the puns tend to be about non-geeky things, so you'll really be fine here

------------------

Free Speech Is The Right To Shout 'Theater' In A Crowded Fire.

Posts: 250 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2002 09:36      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Ahhhh, wish I was, wish I could go back knowing what I know today, boy would I go through the classes with great grades and also chat up those young college ladies as I would have sooooo much more experience in what NOT to say to the female gender.
quote:
Originally posted by TechnoGram:
song running through head: will you still love me, when i'm 64?

Of course we will TechnoGram, of course we will

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tau Zero
Member # 195

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 21, 2002 09:53      Profile for Tau Zero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SupportGoddess:
It doesn't have to be just linux. Any guy that can get passionate about geeky interests makes me weak in the knees.

Hmph.  I waxed poetic about orbital mechanics and propulsion stuff over in Ask a Geek, and you didn't fall at my feet.  I think you over-state your case.

iballoondesign
Highlie
Member # 1037

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 21, 2002 10:22      Profile for iballoondesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True geek are hide like Superman
Posts: 569 | From: Irving, TX | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2002 18:07      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Iballoon, that made no sence.
Nayt

------------------
run/dos/run

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 22, 2002 09:32      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by fromagirl:
Spungo is HOT!

God damn! Thankin' ya mightily. Yer pretty hot yourself, if I may be so bold.

------------------
A meat factory is a beautiful thing.

iballoondesign
Highlie
Member # 1037

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 22, 2002 10:24      Profile for iballoondesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lois is snupy who interest in Clark Kent.

I am sorry, macaddikt! I don't think of how to tell correct thing to make sense. I keep hate to saying how different my language is. I guess if you could understand if I use my sign language and you find much sense. I guess I couldn't date hearing girl who I want to be with. It's hard to keep together much long. I am not able to find deaf girl who would appreicate me what I am, the genius graphic deaf-user. Man, I would like to hack macaddikt's homepage, only if I knew how to be hacker... and my usename is iballoon not Iballoon!

Posts: 569 | From: Irving, TX | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2002 11:45      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, you want to hack my web page. What web page did i tell you about? which web page? i have 3 or 4. it si so hard to keep track.
Nayt

------------------
run/dos/run

WhiteFang
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2002 20:56            Edit/Delete Post 
I am attracted to geeks too... I wish I could find some REAL geeks around here in USA.

Those, capable of hanging a Christmas tree, as well as of hanging their friends (just for the sake of the picture, friends survived), like my Ukrainian friends do...

But it's not knight-in-the-armor attitude, I used to work as a technician too (and I know how illiterate we all are)... but I always notice those strange looks from guys, when I cheerfully... what did I do last... modified the kernel of OpenBSD, that was our assignment...

Any lonely geek around here, wishing to be friends? ([email protected])

Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted April 13, 2002 02:21      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SupportGoddess:

I know, me too! What sane person wouldn't?! God, I love 'em when they especiall start talking about programming or chemistry agressively! Uh ! It practically drives me bonkers, you hear me? Absolutely BONKERS!

------------------
*Now entering Apple Maggot Quarentine Area..BOO!*

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2002 18:31      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Twinkle Toes:
I know, me too! What sane person wouldn't?! God, I love 'em when they especiall start talking about programming or chemistry agressively! Uh  - ! It practically drives me bonkers, you hear me? Absolutely BONKERS!

</font>

Cool, well now I don't feel bad ranting about Linux. I had no idea that my passion for this could be a desireable trait. I'll still hold off from explaining to guys who ask me why I use Linux if they don't get it, but not if there's any women around - then I'll go full tilt. I guess I was afraid I might look like a nut, but I can see some of the logic behind it. I still would like to get more familiar with Shakespeare on the side, but I guess there's no practical opportunity for me to recite Hamlet's soliloquiy (which I now know by heart since I love it - it speaks on many levels).
Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture