homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » A very frustrating geek guy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A very frustrating geek guy
nemesis
Geek-in-Training
Member # 1179

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted March 08, 2002 22:34      Profile for nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Say, I've hanged out with a computer geek for half a year. Since he's never said anything to me, I think I should come up something to make sure this is a "normal" hang out. Then I told him my feelings for him and hoped for some relationship. He rejected me and distanced me. I'm pretty sure he likes me at a certain level, or he wouldn't give up his "valuable" time with his programs to hang out with me....any idea? Is there any common opinion towards relationship computer geeks have?
Posts: 33 | From: Santa Monica, CA USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 822

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2002 01:42      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I cant speak for this guy, but a big part of why I don't want relationships is that they would take away from my career/school (read: computer time.)

If you really are interested in this guy nd thin he is interested in you, talk to him. Find out what his reservations are. If he still isn't interested in taking it further, be happy with friendship. Lovers come and go, true friends don't.

And be sure you are willing to commit to a geeky relationship. No, he can't interrupt the coding if he is really into it. Yes, he does have to answer the page that came in during dinner/movie/sex/etc. Yes he does need to put in the 24 or 36 hour days. It's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle. And I wouldn't wish being the significant other of a geek on my worst enemy. There is a reason there are so many single geeks, above and beyond the lack of social skills.

------------------
reality.sys corrupted. universe halted. reboot (y/n)?

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Angry Rooster
Assimilated
Member # 759

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted March 10, 2002 00:31      Profile for Angry Rooster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SupportGoddess has a very valid point, it may be that he isn't looking for a relationship at all right now. And I agree if you really are interested in him, talk to him about it.

There isn't really a common opinion geeks have on relationships, no more than there is between any group of people. Everyone has their own issues, and their own views, and when it comes to relationships, you can't push them, the most you can do is accept their choice.

------------------
--Angry Rooster
"Eagles may soar, but roosters don't get sucked into jet engines."

Posts: 376 | From: Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2002 19:45      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have to talk to him, guys habitually avoid commitments. Though there are a few exceptions, most guys will not commit until it appears that being in a relationship is a better option than not being in one.....Z

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2002 08:27      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From where i sit, being in an intimate relationship with a girl is always a worse option than being in one.
nayt

------------------
c:/dos
c:/dos/run
run/dos/run

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheAnnoyedCockroach
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1115

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2002 12:19      Profile for TheAnnoyedCockroach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I, for one...

Have absolutely no clue what you mean, Nayt.

Posts: 1063 | From: The Devil's Dance Floor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 5 posted March 11, 2002 15:35      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure if he meant being inside of her like in a pregnancy or as in intercourse. Or perhaps it is something else completely, the world may never know.........Z
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2002 15:53      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, when i typed that it made perfect sense, now i don't get it. I think i was trying to say, being in an intimate relationship is worse than not being in one. at all.
Nayt

------------------
c:/dos
c:/dos/run
run/dos/run

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2002 14:45      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well that makes much more sense, I thought that was what you were trying to say but I didn't want to jump to conclusions.......Z

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture