homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Snaggy's B-Day Cake

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Snaggy's B-Day Cake
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted January 30, 2003 11:43      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The cake looks good, but it looks like it says "Happy Birthday Snoggy!" How long must poor Snag put up with this torture of his name? Also, was Nitrozac under the influence of too much caffeine? The letters are a little shaky. [crazy] [Smile]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
perfectstormy

SuperFan!
Member # 1434

Icon 7 posted January 30, 2003 14:44      Profile for perfectstormy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Top Ten reasons Snaggy's cake reads "Snoggy":

10. Illustrator "Frosting Tool" curve smoothing in next release
9. Pastry bag crashed
8. Quaint anglicism
7. "Shaggy" copyrighted by The Screen Savers
6. Xerox sued Nitrozac over Graffiti frosting language
5. What's your problem? My Newton recognizes it fine
4. Inkjet cake printer nozzle clogged
3. EZ-Bake Oven not completely Carbonized
2. One latte too many

and the number one reason the cake says "Snoggy"...

1. He screamed for ice cream a little too early

Posts: 154 | From: nude hampster | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2003 18:11      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ROTFLMAO perfectstormy, i guess it's just not a perfectcake [Wink]
oh well, we all scream for ice cream eventually [Smile]

Nice cake though, nitrozac [Smile]

DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2003 18:20      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by perfectstormy:

10. Illustrator "Frosting Tool" curve smoothing in next release
7. "Shaggy" copyrighted by The Screen Savers
6. Xerox sued Nitrozac over Graffiti frosting language
5. What's your problem? My Newton recognizes it fine
3. EZ-Bake Oven not completely Carbonized

EXCELLENT, perfectstormy! [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

The above 5 should be immortalized in song... or, um, something... [Wink]

=DB

bonus points for getting Newton, TSS, and Carbonizing in one list!

--------------------
I've found life is so much better in the cartoon universe!
"No power in the 'Verse can stop us!"

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted January 30, 2003 18:26      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very funny, ha ha, laugh it up. [Mad]

You all are just a bunch of cake bullys! Shame on you for teasing Nitrozac's cake!

You are just jealous. NO CAKE FOR YOU!!!!!!!

[Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2003 18:40      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aww, now everyone apologize and give Snaggy a nice big snog. [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted January 30, 2003 22:51      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, it was my first birthday cake from scratch. *sniff* Maybe the shakiness you're seeing was my lame attempt at writing while squeezing a tube. It's just the lame writing of someone who doesn't decorate cakes every day. The chocolate icing didn't turn out too good either, too sweet, and I over mixed it. Whhhhhaaaaaaaaaa! Plus it sort of gave me a tummy ache. Snaggy seems to have digested it fine though. and yes, it is harder to write with icing than on a Newton!
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2003 03:08      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nitrozac:
well, it was my first birthday cake from scratch. *sniff* Maybe the shakiness you're seeing was my lame attempt at writing while squeezing a tube. It's just the lame writing of someone who doesn't decorate cakes every day. The chocolate icing didn't turn out too good either, too sweet, and I over mixed it. Whhhhhaaaaaaaaaa! Plus it sort of gave me a tummy ache. Snaggy seems to have digested it fine though. and yes, it is harder to write with icing than on a Newton! [/QUOTE
heh, I think you can feel better knowing last time I tried to cook, the fire dept. came (pankackes caught on fire). Then next time I tried take out pizza, the fire dept. came again (reminder to self: never put cardboard into the oven). At least you didnt' have to deal with the fire departament [Wink]

spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2003 03:29      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
The cake looks good, but it looks like it says "Happy Birthday Snoggy!" How long must poor Snag put up with this torture of his name? ...

Ha ha - get it? Torture! Good one, GMx. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
csm

SuperFan!
Member # 1281

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2003 03:50      Profile for csm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's this? I looked at the pictures of the cake, thinking there'd be yet another grand Nitrozac masterpiece of cake technology (y'know... something backlit with the TTBs in some kind of frosting), and yet, I was greeted with... a POC (Plain Ol' Cake). What's going on here?!? Do Nitrozac's artistic powers not extend into culinary realms? Then it hit me... She wasn't even half trying. Mitrozac was SO busy that she decorated that cake in less than a milisecond. Heck, the frosting was in danger of burning up from the friction of the speed she applied it to the cake. And we all know what happens to warm frosting when it cools on contact, right? No? Do I have to bring out the remedial Physics of Frosting books to explain the laws of Frosting Thermodynamics, and the Heisenberg Frosting Uncertainty Laws (when applying a line of frosting, as soon as we observe it, the line of frosting out of the frosting tube breaks down)? It only stands to reason that a line of frosting would slide out of its carefully plotted trajectory while being applied and then conract outside of the artists intentions at these speeds.

Amateurs, all of you. I say bravo Nitrozac!

--------------------
Objects in signature are funnier than they appear.

Posts: 34 | From: A well connected outhouse in Michigan | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
perfectstormy

SuperFan!
Member # 1434

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2003 04:13      Profile for perfectstormy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, Nitrozac, you did pretty well with the MS Paint of cake decorating tools. Besides, no one seems to get S(n|h)(a|o)(g+)y's name right.

Did the cake use Cocoa? (Hopefully not Quartz. [Big Grin] )

I can't believe I didn't see tort-ure!

Mister Boo

Member # 1419

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 31, 2003 05:53      Profile for Mister Boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nitro-
Don't let these joiks get you down. I can remember my first attempts. And It'll get better with every one you try. I'll have to put a pic of the last few cakes I did on my website tonight. I was just lucky that my Mom did Birthday cakes, shower cakes, Wedding Cakes, etc. So I got to learn from someone with the skills.

But Magnificent Valour says I!!!!!!

--------------------
Geekculture's Original Boo

Posts: 314 | From: Naugatuck, CT | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2003 14:31      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday Snaggy!

If it is any consolation, when I was younger, I played a pretty mean "Snoggy Mountain Breakdown" on the banjo.

I hope you don't die before you get old!

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2003 14:41      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On a summer day in the month of May a burly bum came hiking. Down a shady lane through the sugar cane, he was looking for his liking. As he roamed along he sang a song of the land of milk and honey. Where a bum can stay for many a day, and he won't need any money

Oh the buzzin' of the bees in the cigarette trees near the soda water fountain. At the lemonade springs where the bluebird sings on the Big Rock Candy Mountains

[Smile]

Titanium Warrior
Alpha Geek
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted January 31, 2003 15:09      Profile for Titanium Warrior   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by perfectstormy:

4. Inkjet cake printer nozzle clogged

I think the envelope setting will handle thicker mediums [Smile]

Very nice attempt Nitro, at least unlike my Girlfriend's cake which was essentially a redecorated christmas cake (Her birthday was on the 22nd of December), was colour coordinated. Let me tell you 'Happy Bithday' was bad enough, but who in their right mind would put pink and green writing with a red and green (and brown base) decorated cake!

At least it tasted good, and the store that it was bought from gave us a free cake and total refund (gotta love Thrifty Foods here on Vancouver Island). [Smile]

Oh, and speaking of other cake hell stories. One cake I got, well, lets just say... mother with a heavy asian accent trying to talk english to a chinese baker over the phone is all the right conditions for cake disaster. As always the cake tasted good, and it makes for great cake hell conversations [Wink]

--------------------
I used to have super powers until my therapist took them away.

Posts: 333 | From: Victoria, BC Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2003 17:31      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:

NO CAKE FOR YOU!!!!!!!
[Wink] [Big Grin]

do we at least get some soup? [Wink]
Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
perfectstormy

SuperFan!
Member # 1434

Icon 8 posted February 14, 2003 13:23      Profile for perfectstormy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrozac:
well, it was my first birthday cake from scratch. *sniff*

Well Nitro, I just messed up decorating a cake this week--guess I could use some practice too. [Smile]

(ahem) In the interest of not screwing up my next cake, I hearby apologize for making fun of Snaggy's Birthday cake. (thanks)

Maybe Apple will release i(nstant)Karma soon. Or at least iCake. In the meantime...crow--yum!

Kansas sucks
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2003 09:32            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel:
quote:

NO CAKE FOR YOU!!!!!!!
[Wink] [Big Grin]

well, at least snaggy tells us about these things, you don't expect someone like snaggy to be greedy,
maybe your right
what am I saying?? you are right! I'm hungry! [Razz]

IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2003 10:22      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kansas sucks:
<nested quotes>
well, at least snaggy tells us about these things, you don't expect someone like snaggy to be greedy,
maybe your right

ummmm right...
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2003 10:53      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kansas sucks:
quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel:
quote:

NO CAKE FOR YOU!!!!!!!
[Wink] [Big Grin]

maybe your right

uhm ok... i was actually referring to an episode of Seinfeld with the Soup Nazi

"No Soup for you!"

snaggys No Cake for you reminded me of it [Wink]

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture