homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Blue Gender

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blue Gender
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 17, 2003 00:42      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been watching it and was going to ask if anyone could tell me what the heck the blue actually are (didn't see the first five episodes), but it turns out this is the first episode they actually reveal that stuff.. *shrug* I guess this is a rather pointless post, isn't it..

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted October 17, 2003 06:50      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is that a tv show? I don't watch tv [Frown]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mercury_Blue
Geek
Member # 2322

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2003 17:39      Profile for Mercury_Blue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate that show. I'm not sure what the blue are. I think they're aliens or something, though.
Posts: 215 | From: Radioactive Wastland of Tzi-lak | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2003 18:31      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmm its an anime.. one can deduce that they are cyborgs or aliens very quickly :-p

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 18, 2003 23:44      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I assumed they were alien creatures in the beginning (as I said, missed the first several episodes).. They have control of the Earth, and human kind live in a space station, and a colony on "Earth 2"... It turns out, the blue are actually creatures native to earth. The "b" cell was a genetic mutation that was beginning to appear in humans (I don't know the full history/effect of it). Scientists removed the b-cells from some people to test on animals, and the animals underwent rapid spontanious mutations, and some escaped into the general population and bred with others of it's original species, and thus the Blue were born.. 200 years later (I think that's what it said..), they are waking up "sleepers", people that were placed in suspended animation because they were infected with the b-cells, to use them as weapons because the b-cells in their anatomy allow them to predict the blue's actions in battle.. *cough* Um, anywho, dosn't much matter, not the greatest series their is [Razz] (just nothin else on at 4 in the morning..)

--------------------

Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2003 16:20      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't seen the show, but is the "Gender" in the title relevant to anything in the show? Because I was thinking, "gender" originally meant simply "type". The Japanese are the sort who would translate "type" as "gender". "Blue Type" might be a better translation. Or maybe I'm just full of it, since I haven't seen the series or even the japanese title.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted October 19, 2003 21:41      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Lex is in the house! Er, you were gone for some time, weren't you? I was just about to post why I haven't seen ya 'round...

*Ehem* On the original topic? I dun have cable.

8'^(

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2003 22:51      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lex:
Haven't seen the show, but is the "Gender" in the title relevant to anything in the show? Because I was thinking, "gender" originally meant simply "type". The Japanese are the sort who would translate "type" as "gender". "Blue Type" might be a better translation. Or maybe I'm just full of it, since I haven't seen the series or even the japanese title.

Hm, that's actually a good point, and could easily be the case with the show...

--------------------

Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 29, 2003 14:48      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes:
Hey, Lex is in the house! Er, you were gone for some time, weren't you? I was just about to post why I haven't seen ya 'round...

Gone? Not really. Just been semi-lurking. I post every now and again. I'll hit 1000 eventually.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2003 11:42      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meh, forget blue gender.. FLCL will confuse you, make you laugh, confuse you some more, then drive you nuts.. followed by a brief bit of confusion with slightly insane behavior..

--------------------

Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2003 13:30      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or maybe they are blue people
Blue People in Appalachia

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2003 04:56      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coincidentally, Disc 1 of FLCL is on its way here now. Ah, the wonderments of Greencine.

--------------------

neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2003 06:50      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lex:
Coincidentally, Disc 1 of FLCL is on its way here now. Ah, the wonderments of Greencine.

cool.. did I mention how much it confused me the first time I watched it?.. I thought I'd surely missed some episodes, but, came to find out all I'd missed was the first five minutes of the first episode.. heh

--------------------

Hikaru
Alpha Geek
Member # 1142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2003 01:53      Profile for Hikaru   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no Idea, treid watching it, couldnt get into it, Im sorry but too much Homosexual innuendo for my tastes,
a dude in the future who has to kill big bugs by shooting them in an anatomically suggestive looking place and long for motorcycle rides with his boyfriend just doesnt do anythign for me,

--------------------
Sister Woman, she speaks for the collective, that and scolds me for my poor typing, dont let her smile fool you.

Posts: 317 | From: AppleDale, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture