homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » New animes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New animes
Jack's Feeling of Rejection
Geek Larva
Member # 2399

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2003 01:13      Profile for Jack's Feeling of Rejection   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
There have been a swarm of new animes arriving recently at suncoast and best buy! I haven't been able to check them out yet. I've been wondering if you have...I've especially been wondering about Full Metal Panic, Saiyuki, Please Teacher, Neo Ranga, and a couple others that I can't remember. So if any of you have seen any of them, let me know what you think.

Thanks ace.

--------------------
The first rule of fight club is:
we do not talk about fight club.
The second rule of fight club is:
WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB

Posts: 27 | From: Angwin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2003 04:01      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Onegai Teacher is pretty good, but I Don't particularly reccomend buying it, same with Full Metal Panic.. If you must get one or the other, go FMP (though it's quite a bit longer series, Onegai Teacher is only 13episodes long). I couldn't manage to get my hands on any Neo Ranga before it was licensed so I don't know aboot it.. (though I love Star Ocean EX, Excel Saga is friggin hillarious, and Final Fantasy Unlimited is pretty nifto [Wink] ) Ai Yori Aioshi I've only seen the first episode, but I've been told it's fairly remeniscint of Tenchi Muyo.. Oh, and Noir is awsome too

If you wanna know about an anime, chances are I've seen it, read about it, or can get my hands on it quickly [Smile]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2003 04:28      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ai Yori Aoshi is really good, it reminded me of Love Hina a lot. less perverted tho and deeper love story. They are having a second season of it in Japan right now.

Saiyuki is the anime that gave Toriyama half of his ideas for Dragonball so its obviously really good

In a few months, DNAngel, Mahou Taitsetstu Tsukai ni Koto(Somebodys Dreamers), Last Exile, and Wolfs Rain(same guys as cowboy bebop) all are really really good, i cant wait [Smile]

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2003 10:08      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't Please Teacher a hentai type thingy?

Oh, by the way:

http://www.greencine.com

It is sort of like NetFlix and has the same pricing, but they seem to have a much better anime library.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2003 15:41      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes Please Teacher is hentai. and lots of it.

--------------------
its been a while

Ti
Assimilated
Member # 941

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted October 05, 2003 12:39      Profile for Ti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For more anime then you can watch without having a seizure take a look at the fansubs at AnimeSuki It's ridiculous. My fav's are Tokyo Underground, E's Otherwise, Scrapped Princess or Condor Hero.

Someday I'll see the sun.

Kevin

--------------------
Check out my webpage/blog/review stash
www.logichigh.com

Posts: 377 | From: Sunnyvale, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2003 12:45      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
w00t E's and Scrapped rock, didnt wanna mention them since nobody here particularly is interested in fansubs. good to know that somebody else here watches fansubs [thumbsup]

--------------------
its been a while

Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 08, 2003 20:51      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT!!!???
Plase Teacher is NOT hentai!!!

I've seen all the episodes and it is only about a space alien that lokes pocky. She becomes the teacher of this kid, and they get marries. And she says things like, "this is top priority!"

It's a GREAT and amusing anime and I HIGHLY reccomend it!

--------------------
2b(V)~2b, THAT is the question.
(And everyone already knows the answer!)

Posts: 904 | From: A Calculus book near you... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 08, 2003 23:31      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Sai yu sen ji go" or some such /me dosn't remember... Yeah, Please Teacher dosn't have any H in it, or I probably would'nt have watched it, heh. It had suggestive dialogue, but it probably would've been pg-13 in US, heh.

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Drasca
Assimilated
Member # 276

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2003 14:30      Profile for Drasca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neo Ranga's first few eps were very good, but its strange and uses very short episides. I'm not sure about the rest of the series.

--------------------
-Drasca
"To dream is the most wonderful and foolish thing there is"

Posts: 400 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
evilbibo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2003 22:42            Edit/Delete Post 
Its not new anime but I just watched Grave of the Fireflies for the 2nd time and damn if that movie doesn't make you cry...... [cry baby]
IP: Logged
Ti
Assimilated
Member # 941

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted October 11, 2003 17:46      Profile for Ti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spike you should check out Stellvia of the Universe

Also, woo woo for those crazy fansubbers for finally finishing the whole Scrapped Princess series. Definintely a should buy when it finally gets released in the states.

Keep on subbin',

Kevin

--------------------
Check out my webpage/blog/review stash
www.logichigh.com

Posts: 377 | From: Sunnyvale, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2003 18:17      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. Whoops, I was thinking "Teacher's Pet". Probably got them confused since the title of the first disc in Please Teacher is "Hot for Teacher", which sounds more than a little suggestive.

And no, I haven't seen either.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2003 18:30      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ti:
Spike you should check out Stellvia of the Universe

Also, woo woo for those crazy fansubbers for finally finishing the whole Scrapped Princess series. Definintely a should buy when it finally gets released in the states.

Keep on subbin',

Kevin

Ti im way ahead of you, ive already seen it and burned it onto cd [Razz]
yah both are definitely gonna become part of my dvd collection.

have you checked out Shadow Skill, Get Backers, or Gad Guard?

--------------------
its been a while

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture