homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Are subjects really necessary?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are subjects really necessary?
cryptOrchid
Geek
Member # 2249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2003 08:51      Profile for cryptOrchid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Geeks

I have delayed coming to "all about you" long enough. Be warned, I cannot guarantee you will derive much pleasure out of this post but I think it is only fair that I share with you stuff (i'm a teen, don't blame me) about myself.

Nothing special about me, I spend most of my time, wasting time, I make sure I have a flask of good coffee with me at all times. (I even take it along to school, If you tasted the free coffee we get @ school you would do it too) Coffee is crucial! I need sustenance after all... wasting time can be a strenuous task.
I am not as knowledgable about computers as most of you are, but I am willing to learn.
There is however one thing I have in common with you, My friends vary from few to non-existant. [Razz]

You guys don't practise ostracism do you? Everyone seems nice enough... although that is not for me to judge, I have not been here long. An hour at the most.
Oh well...

--------------------
I can't answer that without more information.

Posts: 130 | From: space | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Drazgal
Geek
Member # 984

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2003 09:31      Profile for Drazgal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah college coffee, we used to have such an amazing machine, worked out that I put about £150 in my second year. Ahwell I was told they took it away when I went to uni *sniff* a sad day.

Anyway enough coffee nostalgia, welcome to the boards! Don't worry about having a few friends, make some up. Imaginary friends can be much more cool, beside they are usually nice, unless you have some Rimmer esq problems [Smile]

Posts: 154 | From: Dundee, United Kingdom | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
cryptOrchid
Geek
Member # 2249

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2003 10:57      Profile for cryptOrchid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only problem with imaginary friends are they follow you everywhere... *paranoid laugh*

--------------------
I can't answer that without more information.

Posts: 130 | From: space | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2003 14:35      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! Enjoy your stay, and look out for Zorro's post.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TouchStone
Mini Geek
Member # 1453

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted June 22, 2003 16:06      Profile for TouchStone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome cryptOrchid! [Smile]

Is there a story behind that nick?

Posts: 81 | From: Behind a coffee cup | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted June 22, 2003 18:39      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello and welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy our posts...........Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2003 11:25      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. Welcome aboard.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2003 12:23      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Augh! That Avatar is like the Evil Twin of /my/ Avatar! COOL! And a coffee drinker! cryptOrchid, I don't know you, but already you have won me over! Down with the enemies of cryptOrchid!

Free coffee at school... free? Wowza..... My mind reels at the implications. A teen, you say? Highschool or College? Don't worry, we don't discriminate based on age. Just on grammar and spelling. And don't worry about whining to the Forums. Whenever anything significantly monumental happens to me, the Forums are the first to know. Such good people here. *to the world at large* Thank you, Geekculture!

Anyway, enjoy your stay, I'm going to preempt PB and hope that your posts are many and your stars are shiny.

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2003 18:03      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cryptOrchid:
Hello Geeks
You guys don't practise ostracism do you?

No, we're quite proficient at it by now [Wink]

Just kidding, welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay!

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2003 11:43      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forums! The coffee is in the back, you empty the pot, you make a new one. [Wink]

</coffee_geek>

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2003 14:56      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!

We do not ostracize anyone, so please don't get upset if every post you make is not replied to. Nor should you be upset if your posts get morphed into sick jokes and innuendos. This is how we show you that we love you. [Smile]

And after you've enjoyed your coffee, please rate our dear resident dragon five stars. [Smile]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture