homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » What;s this (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What;s this
knightwhosaysNI
Geek
Member # 2079

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted March 13, 2003 12:05      Profile for knightwhosaysNI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been looking at the Joy of Tech for a long time and want to know...

Who's spungo?

--------------------
Eating Tv dinners sitting by the pool
arent' you glad we finished school?

Posts: 176 | From: forest with trees | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2003 12:16      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spungo is a board poster that everyone makes fun of [Smile]
Your nick sounds so familiar....
Did you post on MacAddict forums or something?

sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2003 12:22      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but we don't make fun of spungo - merely point out his fondness for certain farm animals occasionally [Wink]
Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fixerbob
Alpha Geek
Member # 1587

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 13, 2003 14:44      Profile for Fixerbob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and as for some of his other relationships...well, best not mention it.

Discretion is the beter part of Magnificent Valour shall we say?

[Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

Posts: 301 | From: London, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2003 14:50      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do not make fun of the sponge!

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2003 16:10      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Your nick sounds so familiar....
Did you post on MacAddict forums or something?

The knights who say "Ni" are characters in Monty Python and the holy grail. They demand....

A shrubbery!

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2003 16:24      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
didnt they also demand that a tree be cut down using a herring?

wow i really need to see that movie again.. its been soo long

--------------------
its been a while

raydreams
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2003 16:52            Edit/Delete Post 

IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2003 17:52      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and five, five is right out [Big Grin]
Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2003 19:19      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As "The Knights Who Say Nicht" they asked for a shrubery. After being appeased, they declared them selves "The Knights who say Ecky, Ecky, Fa-tang, zoop, wha", and demanded that Arthur cut down the largest tree in the forest with a herring.

Arthur defeats them by saying "it", which is the one word they cannot hear.

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
knightwhosaysNI
Geek
Member # 2079

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted March 15, 2003 09:54      Profile for knightwhosaysNI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we all know that

i just watched it, I watch it 3 times a year.

and if we did not know what happens in that wonderful movie, we would be playing outside now

and I am not from the macaddict forums

--------------------
Eating Tv dinners sitting by the pool
arent' you glad we finished school?

Posts: 176 | From: forest with trees | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
GeekAvenger
Assimilated
Member # 1895

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2003 17:51      Profile for GeekAvenger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spungo is the embodiment of evil, the antichrist, although he discovered alchhhol soon after acending to earth, and the rest is history. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Geekier Than Thou. I think academically so therefore I'm a geek?

Ah the wonders of the crowd.

Posts: 485 | From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2003 18:40      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geekavenger why do you hate spungo so much

did he make you play with his lightsaber [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
its been a while

TonyRad
Assimilated
Member # 1448

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2003 18:46      Profile for TonyRad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont know who spungo is. But theres a kid at school and everybody calls him sponge (due to his last name) and he's an oddball *cough, cough* cuz of a bicycle accident he had 5? years ago.

I used to use "Knight that says Ni" as my title in muds.. [Smile] Thats a great movie.. ive only seen it once.. i ought to watch it again soon..

Tony Rad

--------------------
~Live by the Sword~Die by the Sword~

Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2003 18:53      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spungo's... Spungo. Yep. That about sums it up.

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2003 00:02      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We do not make fun of him. We're laughing with him. [Wink]

EDIT: Seriously, though, DualG-I don't think you should suggest to newbies that we make fun of spungo-it could be taken in the wrong context and lead to abusive posts.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2003 07:43      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:

EDIT: Seriously, though, DualG-I don't think you should suggest to newbies that we make fun of spungo-it could be taken in the wrong context and lead to abusive posts.

Yeah, make fun of dualg instead. Make sure you mention something about propane. [Razz] [evil] [Big Grin]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2003 15:55      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Sorry, it was just my blend of dry humour and sarcasm
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2003 10:58      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He just forgot to laugh. Indeed, plain out insalting anyone, even with him being him, is wrong. However, you will learn with time what DualG was refering to was the fact that he offten posts with his tounge firmly embedded in his... uhhh... cheek.

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TouchStone
Mini Geek
Member # 1453

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted June 04, 2003 11:15      Profile for TouchStone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm. Spungo's avatar is from Life of Brian.

knightwhosaysNI's nick is from Holy Grail.

Both Monty Python movies.

[Confused]

Spungo has yet to respond to this thread.

[Confused]

I'm thinking They are one and the same. Spungo's . . . . alter ego?! [Eek!]

Posts: 81 | From: Behind a coffee cup | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bregalad
Assimilated
Member # 1054

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted June 04, 2003 14:03      Profile for Bregalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
/me wipes his brow

Just about posted something I REALLY shouldn't have. My recommendation elsewhere that all of us read posts from multiple perspectives before replying should be amended to include posting without proof reading.

Sorry to get all off topic here, but it wouldn't be GC if someone didn't lead discussions off the beaten path every couple of hours.

Posts: 484 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2003 14:22      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We do not make fun of him. We're laughing with him.

yeah, right

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2003 17:16      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post 
Spungo is a convict in a liberal British penal/nudist colony that allows him internet access.

To that we owe the British judicial system a great debt of spam. Rumor has it, that this action has so enraged Parliment that they are considering confiscating the wigs of judges and barristers alike and knitting them into a giant SARS victim memorial blanket.

Spungo's crime was the insidious and willfull distribution of a bovine form of Spongiform Encephalopathy, commonly known as "Mad Cow Disease," hence the nick, Spungo.

At his trial, the former mint jelly baron admitted a more-than-profit-driven passion for sheep -- not only did he like them as meals and outwardly promoted their consumption, he also took them as lovers. (This affection was later adapted to a more human form and served as the inspiration to "Silence of the Lambs.") His aim apparently was to so totally infect the world's beef herds that McDonald's would be forced to sell muttonburgers.

Of course he failed. And it was only the Brit's sick fascination with mutton that allowed him any leniency whatsoever.

His physical form is grotesque and horrifying. Jethro Tull best described him in their song, "Aqualung."

Spungo has also served as an intimate advisor to Tony Blair and is credited with "hyping" intellegence on Iraq's weapons of mass destruction. An investigation by Parliment is expected to reveal that Spungo has kept photos of the PM, that Mr. Blair is, shall we say, "Sheepish" about revealing. These photos are rumored to be stored in a safe deposit box in New Zeeland.

Sometimes, when nobody is watching, a few of us will call Snupy, "Clarice."

Why am I telling you all this?

You asked.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2003 18:48      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh-little did you know my nick at irc is sometimes clarice. [Wink]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2003 21:18      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Panic:
Spungo is a convict in a liberal British penal/nudist colony that allows him internet access.

.....but they cut his arms off, so God only knows what appendage he is typing with. Possibly this explains why his posts are generally so short

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture