homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » What is your Myers-Briggs personality type? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?
Titanium Warrior
Alpha Geek
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted February 28, 2003 09:03      Profile for Titanium Warrior   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So just out of curiosity, what is everyone's Myer-Briggs personality profile?

Mine is ENTP.

Those that don't know what this is, its a profile that helps a lot of people determine or consolidate their understanding of their behaviour to help fit in with your personal life to your jobs. Many experts use this to help young people determine their career paths and is also helpfull for all to determine their advancement opportunities.

This is a link to a test... but it's not the most accurate way. There are others out there and it normally takes about 45 minutes to truely find out who you are.

http://haleonline.com/psychtest/

Depending on the day of the week, your mood and what you ate, the results can vary. I, myself, am borderline in many traits as I find my personality very neutral in position and open minded to different ways of thinking.

In terms of Dungeons and Dragons I always thought I was Chaotic Neutral [Big Grin]

TiW

--------------------
I used to have super powers until my therapist took them away.

Posts: 333 | From: Victoria, BC Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted February 28, 2003 09:28      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is PITA
Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2003 09:29      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well i'm INTP which it says means:

It's Not Theoretically Possible

maybe that's cos my thought patterns are faster than the speed of light???

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mister Boo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1419

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 28, 2003 11:55      Profile for Mister Boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an INTP too - [Big Grin]
Waddaya wanna bet The Dread Lord Spungo is INTP also???? [evil]

--------------------
Geekculture's Original Boo

Posts: 314 | From: Naugatuck, CT | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2003 12:02      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparantly I am an ESFP: "Extra Special Friendly Person".

That doesn't tell me a whole lot about what my personality is supposed to be, but I can't really blame them since I didn't feel like reading the several paragraphs above the acronym.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2003 12:09      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
he says;

ISTJ: "I Save Things Judiciouslyl"

after thinking about whether to post for a while or not

Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 28, 2003 22:51      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
INTP here. And proud of it. [Happytears] [Big Grin]

"You're on a quest for logical purity...you're motivated to examine universal truths and principles...always asking "Why?" and "Why not?"...can focus with great intensity on your interests...you appreciate elegance and efficiency in thought processes and demand it in your communication..."

"You might appear low key in appearance and approach, you're hard as nails when challenging a truth...you don't like to deal with the obvious...at your best when developing unusual or complex ideas...you can be an under- achieving but very capable student...if you don't like a rule, you're quick to challenge it and find flaws in it -- this could make you somewhat of a rebel...if you like the rule, though, you have a respect for it and go along with it..."

Oh yes! Very true.

"Pitfalls: don't focus too much on the inconsistencies of others.." - This, as well, is true. A pretty bad habit at times.

The only thing I have a problem with is this: "Love, for you, has three distinct phases: falling in, staying in, and getting out. falling in love is a loss of rationality for you, and you fall HARD...an all or nothing phenomenon...."

The thing about 'all or nothing' is very true,... but not with love.

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2003 05:10      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ISTJ for me.
But i don't really like these tests. It asks you if you prefer a over b, and then in the report, it just tells you what you told it, but in longer prose. "You are a person that is more comfortable when doing a than b"

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2003 05:20      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
ISTJ for me.
But i don't really like these tests. It asks you if you prefer a over b, and then in the report, it just tells you what you told it, but in longer prose. "You are a person that is more comfortable when doing a than b"

I agree with you littlefish.

I'm a manic-depressive Gemini -- there are four people right there.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2003 11:46      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're an ISTJ
ISTJ
You're systematic, thorough, painstaking, and hardworking...You get the job done and complete it on time...you are serious and sincere in whatever you do..you work well within a structure...follow the hierarchy...and are particularly strong and careful in keeping track of facts and details...

Cautious...generally seeking to maintain the status quo...you are at your best getting things to the right place at the right time....

Serious, responsible and sensible stalwarts of society...trustworthy and honor your commitments...your word is your solemn vow. Practical and realisitic, you have great powers of concentration....hard to distract once you have embarked what you believe is the best course of action.... ..

You like to apply past experience to present decisions...you can cite accurate evidence to support your views...you're down to earth and seek to do the right thing at the appropriate time...you find it hard to understand people who start an education but don't finish it...

You are diligent and persevering in your efforts...whether it be school, or work, or love...A half-finished job is not a job well done...you probably believe in "Say what you mean and mean what you say." Private by nature, you appear calm in moments of crisis...

You believe in work before pleasure...(gee, like posting before playing the online games on Storm Palace?)..while you don't SEEK leadership positions, you might find yourself in one...you build a reputation for reliable, stable and consistent performance...

You like to schedule....even your LEISURE time! It helps to you if it has a purpose, even if that purpose is sociability...to you, love means bigtime commitment, steadiness and consistency...you behave appropriately for what the situation demands (for example, romantic in the beginning, and so on)..

When you give your word and are ready to settle down, you follow-through... you expect your partners to act in a similar manner...you may stay in a poor relationship because of a sense of duty...you might have strong but unspoken reactions under that cool facade...

Logical and analytical...quick to point out flaws in other people...when you feel scorned in a relationship, you may not let your partner know it..when it's obvious that the relationship is really over, ending it is just the practical thing to do...

Things to look out for: you could immerse yourself in details...you could become rigid in your ways and be thought of as inflexible... don't forget to compliment people and be so concerned with getting the job done....you might overlook the long-range implications of your actions today...don't get stuck in a rut...recognize your emotions, and the values they represent... others might see you as insensitive...

Also, you're skeptical of new ideas you don't see immediate and practical applications for...you may impose judgments on others...expect others to be the way YOU'd be...become more tolerant of difference between people.

ISTJ: "I Save Things Judiciouslyl"

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Titanium Warrior
Alpha Geek
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2003 14:29      Profile for Titanium Warrior   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
ISTJ for me.

I understand what you're getting at... the true Meyers-Briggs test is far more specific and allows for more flexability. A four question test really is a shotgun approach to finding approximately where your personality is. My real test took me 45 minutes, and lots of coming back to questions I didn't answer at first.

--------------------
I used to have super powers until my therapist took them away.

Posts: 333 | From: Victoria, BC Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2003 14:51      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an ENFJ... the description was surprisingly accurate, except it picked me out as a team-leader, which is not me. Though apparently I'm charming, compassionate, tactful, sensitive and romantic... heh... if ever I needed an ego-boost [Razz]
Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Chump
Geek
Member # 593

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2003 10:09      Profile for The Chump   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ENFP: Everyday, New Fantastic Possibilities

I have to say that the description was to the letter especially about burning out by taking on to many things at once

Posts: 184 | From: In my chair, in front of my laptop, at my desk, in my kitchen, in my aprtment, o | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2003 16:17      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, last time I did a long test I think I was an INTJ/EINTJ split (obviously I can't decide whether I'm an extrovert or an introvert [crazy] ). I've heard that people in IT related positions are often INTJ or INTP (from memory, anyway). One workplace that I was at put up an intranet page inviting everyone to submit their personality type, and the level of similarity was quite surprising.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2003 18:25      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ISFJ. Fits freakishly well, except maybe for seeking a partner. Well sort of. I'm not actively seeking one, but if I stumble upon one I'll go for it. Oh, and I laugh very easily. So people challenge themselves by trying to irritate me. So far it's Xanthine: 69 labmates and friends: 3.

Possible blindspots: because you are SOOOO in the present, you have a hard time seeing possibilities or consequences of your actions...can become mired in the daily grind...don't forget to express your bottled-up feelings...you can be taken advantage of....could be pessimistic about the future because it's unknown and you rely on past experiences.....you want to plan too much.

So true. The mired in the present thing caused a near disaster when i was applying for grad school. I got so cauhgt up in the daily grind I nearly missed a deadline or two.

The planning thing is tricky. I like to have a plan, and I like to stick to that plan. I also like to have two or three back-up plans. But I don't want the plans to be too rigid, because I might have to escape the plan and start improvising. This is probably why I almost freaked when I got stranded in Erie. Seeing as I am too young to rent a car, I had no back-up for the bus plan.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
scplmg
Geek-in-Training
Member # 1639

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2003 05:27      Profile for scplmg   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
INTP here too [Smile] gathering like moths to the flames of geekiness
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2003 14:59      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
INTJ - well that is accurate, I was INTJ when I took the long test sometime back in a psychology class.

You are a strong individualist who seeks out new angles or novel ways of looking at things...enjoy coming to new understandings...insightful and mentally quick...but this quickness is not always obvious to others since you keep a lot to yourself...you're logical and analytical and ingenious..

You are very determined and trust your vision of the possibilities, regardless of what other people think...you are VERY independent...you are quiet yet firm....You're a damn perfectionist!!

Appear serious and reserved... might be labelled "brains" by others...you probably do/did well in school because you set internal goals for yourself.. being sociable just isn't worth your time and energy...unless there's a purpose for you...you don't like bureaucracy icky because you have to fit into other people's systems and not your own...

You might be frugal unless the money is spent on something you value (like education or a Storm Palace subscription)...you learn best when you can design your own approach...you have a thirst for knowledge..you probably enjoy lectures, libraries, courses and so on...

You are highly independent, and continue on with your plans even in the face of data that might suggest to others that it's no longer feasible... independent individualist....surprised when others don't see your visions the same clear way you do...a job well done doesn't need comment, it speaks for itself...you like decisive and intellectual people...

Man! You're one hell of a relentless organizer! ....tough-minded... once you make your mind up to do something, nothing can stop you.... even your leisure is planned, regualar and disciplined....you tend to avoid fads...you tend to choose partners in your love life who have an outward zest....you keep your affections private, and don't always share 'em with your partner..

You can be intense in your love...generous with gifts if it fits into the ideal the way love should be...when scorned, you retreat into your own world and may share none of your hurt feelings with anyone...you look for the "right" way to end a relationship...

Things to watch for: let go of impractical ideas....don't get so tied up in future thoughts that you ignore the present; you could be surprised... don't ignore the impact of your style on others..not everyone functions the way you do....you might criticize anyone who doesn't match up to how you think they should be...don't become obsessed with unimportant details... demanding...critical...

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Noldoaran
Geek
Member # 2003

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 13, 2003 15:26      Profile for Noldoaran     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am ISTP: "I See The Problem"
Posts: 228 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2003 18:03      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
INTP
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spycom
Mini Geek
Member # 2066

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2003 19:34      Profile for Spycom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ISFP

Although I prefer PNAMBC (Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain)

--------------------
I am a chicken, medium fried

Posts: 51 | From: Toledo, OH | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2003 19:46      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ENTP. It's interesting, but it didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. I suspect that a more comprehensive test would be useful.

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2003 13:47      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ISTP - I See The Problem

Might explain why I do glorified technical support for a living.

"I see the problem, sir... there's a loose nut on your keyboard."

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
QuantumEffervescence
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1797

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2003 01:37      Profile for QuantumEffervescence     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an "INTJ"...jeez, this reminds me of the counselor's office at school. We're not going to 'explore our feelings' now, are we? [Roll Eyes]

~Through the Foam, Quantum

--------------------
"It does not do harm to the mystery to know a little about it. Far more marvelous is the truth than any artists of the past imagined!"
- Richard Feynman

Posts: 48 | From: Earth...most of the time | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2003 06:03      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am INTJ too
erp
Assimilated
Member # 602

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted March 20, 2003 09:54      Profile for erp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're an ISFJ!

Who? Me? Oh. Alright. I guess I am. [ohwell]

yay? [Roll Eyes]

Now what? [Confused]

--------------------
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Posts: 484 | From: beneath the Gables of Coral | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture