homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Where are you all from (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Where are you all from
caleb
Geek Larva
Member # 1018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 04:59      Profile for caleb   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm from binghamton(apalachin actually.. but that is tiny), NY.. I was born in toronto =)
Posts: 28 | From: Apalachin, NY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 05:15      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
I'm from binghamton(apalachin actually.. but that is tiny), NY.. I was born in toronto =)

Hm... Binghamton... isn't that where Rod Serling is from? ( Altogether, now: nee-nee nee-nee nee-nee nee-nee nee-nee ...)

edit: (But hey - Toronto - up Bloor, down Bloor, ... up Spadina... I don't give a hoot about your route... sorry - weird John Candy flash-back...)

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 05:30      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the land of Chocolate, Cheese, Cuckoo Clocks and Bank Accounts.

Too much of the first, not enough of the last.

Live in the international city at the western end of a big lake.

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
invisikitty
Mini Geek
Member # 1764

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 30, 2002 06:41      Profile for invisikitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From Atlanta, where nobody can drive if someone threatens rain... I know other cities' rush hour traffic is worse, but nothing beats getting to know the people in the car next to you because you're both sitting in park on a major freeway...

--------------------
"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...
we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively,
there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we
are the imagination of ourselves.....Here's Tom with the weather. "

Bill Hicks

Posts: 98 | From: ...under the couch.... | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 00:04      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
[QB][QUOTE]Originally posted by caleb:
[qb]I'm from binghamton(apalachin actually.. but that is tiny), NY.. I was born in toronto =)[/qbHm... Binghamton... isn't that where Rod Serling is from? ( Altogether, now: nee-nee nee-nee nee-nee nee-nee nee-nee ...) ]

Hey I'm from Binghamton, too! Actually Johnson City. And yes, Spungo, good call! Rod Serling is from good ol' Bingo. My friend has a pin with a pic of Rod Serling that quotes him as saying: "Everyone has to have a hometown. Binghamton is mine." I echo his enthusiasm. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 491 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Chump
Geek
Member # 593

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 07:45      Profile for The Chump   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Syntax Error:
Home is Hamilton, OH (Near Cincy).
School is Kent, OH (Near Cleveland).
In 2 months after I graduate, hopefully home will be some place other than Ohio.

Hey, Syntax, recognize any of these:
Susan's, Ray's Place, Robin Hood Inn, University Plaza.
I live over at Allerton. Behind the Death Sta... errr... that place where you do stuff with heavy things, you know. THAT place.

--------------------
Vedi Vidi Velcro "I came, I saw, I stuck around"
quality in posting since dec 2000

Posts: 184 | From: In my chair, in front of my laptop, at my desk, in my kitchen, in my aprtment, o | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
baker_nat
Geek
Member # 116

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted December 05, 2002 05:24      Profile for baker_nat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spend my days in a small dark room salavating over pics of Briteny Spears!

The small dark room is in dorset,UK. [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes] [blush]

Posts: 171 | From: england | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2002 05:29      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Luvverly place, Dorset. Spent many a camping trip at Lulworth Cove, Swanage, etc. Thomas Hardy country... young milk-maids rolling in the hay, drinking cider from nut-brown bowls...

--------------------

pitseleh
Newbie Larva
Member # 1901

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2002 01:01      Profile for pitseleh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm... Turkey Hill Iced Tea.... I see there are some fellow Pennsylvanians here. I grew up there in a small hick town called Honey Brook and escaped. to Philly whenever I had the chance.

Now I'm on the other coast. I did the CA thing for a while. Then I headed up north to somplace where it rains alot. I love the rain. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vice, virtue, it's best not to be too moral—you cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. —Harold and Maude—

Posts: 5 | From: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
raydreams
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2002 07:37            Edit/Delete Post 

IP: Logged
CyberGoddess
Highlie
Member # 147

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2002 08:55      Profile for CyberGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was born in the hellhole known as Memphis, TN. I grew up in a suburb of Memphis - a small town named Bartlett which is actually quite nice and isn't really a small town anymore. In 1998, I moved to Bucks County, PA and lived in a small city named Doylestown. I stayed in Bucks County for 3 years, eventually moving to Warminster for 2 of them. in 2001, I moved back to Bartlett and lived with my parents for a year before I moved to the most perfect place in the United States - the San Francisco Bay Area. I now live in a town called Novato and work in San Rafael. Both of those are located in the rolling hills of Marin County. I'm sure you've all seen the Golden Gate Bridge. Well, Marin County is on the north side of it when you're leaving the city. I live in the town farthest north in Marin near the Sonoma County border.

I have hills. I have ocean. I have cool weather most of the year. I have rain in the winter and sunshine in the summer. I absolutely adore this region and I feel sorry for everyone I left behind in Memphis. [Smile]

--------------------
CyberGoddess
La Goddess of Go-Go :)
http://www.kageneko.net
After Y2K Fan Club Member #15

"Chaos. Panic. Disorder. My work here is done."

Posts: 621 | From: Larkspur, CA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
gallimaufry
Geek
Member # 1549

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2002 14:55      Profile for gallimaufry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was born and raised in San Jose, Ca. My home was in the Willow Glen neighborhood, which used to be full of friendly old people, but now it is becomming the relm of bitchy yuppies. http://www.sjunderbelly.com/unbelly/Sanjose/willow/wg1.html
I am going to school in San Luis Obispo, Ca. California's central coast is just so beautiful. Too bad it's overrun with both hicks and bitchy yuppies.
http://www.ci.san-luis-obispo.ca.us/
I've travelled across the states a few times by car, and up to Quebec a couple of times. A few years ago I spent a two weeks in France. I'm planning on studying in London for a quarter next fall. yay, travel!

Posts: 154 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
pitseleh
Newbie Larva
Member # 1901

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2002 18:47      Profile for pitseleh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is their a direct relation with how far north you live and how much time you spend on the Internet?
Seems to be true for me! There also seems to be a direct correlation between an increase in latitude and caffeine consumption. [Eek!]

--------------------
Vice, virtue, it's best not to be too moral—you cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. —Harold and Maude—

Posts: 5 | From: somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2002 21:08      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I come from a distant land called California in the hamlet of Baldwin Park, home of the first In-N-Out, only available to those lucky duckys in the tri-state area of Nevada, California and Arizona. 20 minutes from Los Angeles. Yay! I was born in Chihuahua, Mexico. I lived in LA for the first month of my life, then moved into B.P. It's pretty boring here except for when the news brings up the car chase that started and ended here about a year ago. Pretty exciting. [Razz]

---Home is where the heat is, C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
CyberGoddess
Highlie
Member # 147

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2002 08:29      Profile for CyberGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm... In-N-Out. The only good thing we up north ever got from Southern California [Wink]

--------------------
CyberGoddess
La Goddess of Go-Go :)
http://www.kageneko.net
After Y2K Fan Club Member #15

"Chaos. Panic. Disorder. My work here is done."

Posts: 621 | From: Larkspur, CA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 02, 2003 07:09      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...err... by from I took it as where one is now. I am actually from the 11th largest city in Canada... least it was last I heard...
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted January 02, 2003 08:24      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know Hell's toilet was in Canada. It seems they would have chosen somewhere warmer. [Wink]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2003 04:48      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah - but it's only been cold since the last Eagles tour. [Wink]

--------------------

Declan
Geek
Member # 1123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2003 12:19      Profile for Declan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spungo , you live in London Ontario ??

Declan

Posts: 119 | From: Barrie,ontario,canada | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2003 04:59      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Close - I was bornded in K-W (which was #11 on the list last time I checked)... but I got better. [Wink]
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2003 06:46      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Born: Glasgow, Scotland.
Live currently: Melbourne, Australia
Have travelled to: South America, USA, Canada, Europe, Africa.

Can see myself living: Australia, Canada, UK, Norway, Sweden, Portugal

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
crazyarlo
Geek
Member # 1226

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 09, 2003 06:58      Profile for crazyarlo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Belpre, Ohio, right across the river from Parkersburg, WV!!!!
Posts: 238 | From: Southern Ohio ... SURF OHIO, BABY! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lizzle
Geek Larva
Member # 1914

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2003 21:37      Profile for Lizzle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, southern Manitoba, Canada...

"if you're not from the prairie, you don't know the cold, you can't know the cold, you've NEVER known cold!"

How true, how very true. [Frown]

Posts: 29 | From: Winnipeg, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 13, 2003 10:41      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
I'm from Chicago...where it's cold. [Frown]

Really? where in Chicago?
I used to live in Des Plaines (just a few minutes from O'hare) but more recently moved to the Rockford Illinois area.

I didn't realize that there was anyone from geekculture in my viscinity (sp?)

-SM

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted January 13, 2003 11:01      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! I'm right next to Des Plaines-in Arlington Heights. Small world, huh? I went to NIU, so I know Rockford a little. Born and raised in the city, though-yuk.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture