homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Absolute newbies (great way to boost you'r stars) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Absolute newbies (great way to boost you'r stars)
The Abhorsen
Geek Larva
Member # 1519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2002 15:06      Profile for The Abhorsen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone! This is my second post, and I was thinking how hard it is to get stars! So this is for all you newbies! Come into here, we'll chat a while, and once you get up there in stars, you can move on to bigger and better things. Sounds great, huh? Well, It's an experiment.

The Abhorsen

'The Clayr saw me, the Wallmakers made me, the Abhorsen wields me'

Posts: 27 | From: A place strong with charter magic | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2002 16:37      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hehe, well, I'll give it a nice go and get me another number too...ya mind if I hang out in here for a while too??
Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted July 19, 2002 20:09      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oki, actually this is kind of annoying me now. I speak on the behalf of the posters that have been around as long as I and longer... STOP IT, YOU NEWBIES! I know that I may have posted some meaningless things lately, but I only did it in spite of the newbies... I know, I'm confusing. So can you lot from now on post things that are a bit more meaningful? Not just dumb questions (actually dumb questions, not saying that just asking questions are dumb) or commenting that you're posting simply for the number... PLEASE.

Instead, since it would be a waste of this thread, maybe you youngin's to the boards can talk about how you found GC, why you like it, what you're like... I dunno, you make up your PUNY MINDS !

------------------
I love you, Bees... and you know it!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2002 21:29      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, twinkie, I do believe I said pretty much the same thing a few weeks ago, but snag said they WANT to newbies to post their pointless opening threads like this, and, well, in the last couple days I've been posting pointlessly because I'm quite anxious right now..dunno why, bah, well, ciao
Jas
Geek
Member # 1528

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2002 18:27      Profile for Jas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no kidding its hard to get stars....

the spam block is 90 seconds here!!!

thats nutz... with my reading/typing/bandwith speeds... thats waaaaay to long...

*note... this post was just blocked by spam block after my last post... AHHHH*

------------------
I. Love. MUSIC!

Posts: 225 | From: Land of Blues Guitar | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2002 22:34      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, I know I get that a lot too, but thats because I look at all of todays active topics, open about 10 of them and read and post as I go, and the spead I read combined with my typing leads to a lot of blockage...but, oh well, small price to pay, ciao.....damnit....I got the spam protection notice again....

------------------
You sass that hoopy Ford Prefect? Now theres a Frood who really knows where his towels at-douglas adams "the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy"

ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted July 21, 2002 12:19      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya and welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your time here........Z

------------------
http://profiles.yahoo.com/zorro_solo

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Abhorsen
Geek Larva
Member # 1519

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted July 21, 2002 19:11      Profile for The Abhorsen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I learned about GC from my bro, Oz, the Wizard of. He's told me to be frightened about Zorro the Fox's posts. *shivers* So anyone seen any good movies?
Posts: 27 | From: A place strong with charter magic | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2002 19:23      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Abhorsen:
I learned about GC from my bro, Oz, the Wizard of. He's told me to be frightened about Zorro the Fox's posts. *shivers* So anyone seen any good movies?

no comment about me? lots of comments about me today

yeah Road to Perdition though it was a bit predictable and John Q

------------------
Baka Baka

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Abhorsen
Geek Larva
Member # 1519

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted July 24, 2002 14:35      Profile for The Abhorsen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure my brother knows you, spike. Is there any newbies in this post besides me? WAAAH!
LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2002 15:32      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel:
no comment about me? lots of comments about me today

yeah Road to Perdition though it was a bit predictable and John Q

Was there a Hope/Crosby picture I missed?

Road to Morroco
Road to Perdition
Road to Rio

No, it's not there...

Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2002 16:38      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Abhorsen:
I'm not sure my brother knows you, spike. Is there any newbies in this post besides me? WAAAH!

well perhaps its better for him that he doesnt and no there are no newbies here.. this is whats called a thread getting off topic.. get used to that happening.. it occurs quite often thanks to people like me

------------------
Real funny scotty now beam down my clothes

The Abhorsen
Geek Larva
Member # 1519

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted July 24, 2002 17:05      Profile for The Abhorsen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, well. Omigosh! It's a hot topic! MY FIRST! YAY! HOORAY! What do I do now?
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2002 20:16      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hot topic is a quiggy store, though I wish they weren't expensive, it's like saying "hey I'm not preppy spending $50 on a pair of pants, I'm an outcast spending $50 on a pair of pants.." just dosn't work that way...but I like their t-shirts and buttons and bumper stickers though...
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2002 22:33      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heh neo.. but even outcasts have to look good

------------------
Real funny scotty now beam down my clothes

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 18:05      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
at first i was skeptical about my big fat greek wedding, but i was forced to see it, and it wasn't that bad... ‘it's all greek to me’ lol

------------------
my geek code
Hazards: "There is an island of opportunity in the middle of every difficulty, miss that, though, and you're pretty much doomed."

xobender
Alpha Geek
Member # 721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 20:32      Profile for xobender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by neotatsu:
hot topic is a quiggy store, though I wish they weren't expensive, it's like saying "hey I'm not preppy spending $50 on a pair of pants, I'm an outcast spending $50 on a pair of pants.." just dosn't work that way...but I like their t-shirts and buttons and bumper stickers though...

i know what you mean.. it's worse when you see trendy young peole creatures spend $50 on a pair of pants at Ragstock..

Posts: 314 | From: OMG..There Breaking in..HELP!!!! | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
xobender
Alpha Geek
Member # 721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 20:34      Profile for xobender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel:
heh neo.. but even outcasts have to look good

very true. i can't get away from buying a new pair of fluevogs when they have a new pair come out.

Posts: 314 | From: OMG..There Breaking in..HELP!!!! | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 21:20      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by xobender:
i know what you mean.. it's worse when you see trendy young peole creatures spend $50 on a pair of pants at Ragstock..

the only thing worse is watching someone spend $50 on a t-shirt...

The Abhorsen
Geek Larva
Member # 1519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2002 17:14      Profile for The Abhorsen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or on some meaningless crap out of a novelty magazine.

MOM: Oh wow! look!

ME: It's a two-story tall inflatable duck.

MOM: It's adorable! I'll take three!

Tyler Durden
Highlie
Member # 1545

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 30, 2002 19:01      Profile for Tyler Durden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi... this is me...

-- Jack's Self Portrait

------------------
GASOLINE: For Youth on the Move

Posts: 682 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2002 06:36      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden:
Hi... this is me...

-- Jack's Self Portrait

Weird-looking candle you got on the table there, Mr Durden.

------------------
"Mom... if you were in a German scheiße video... you...you'd tell me, right?"

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tyler Durden
Highlie
Member # 1545

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2002 13:38      Profile for Tyler Durden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
code:
     Tyler studies her with cynical curiosity, looks at a DILDO
lying atop a dresser. Marla follows his gaze.

MARLA
Don't worry. It's not a threat to you.

I love reading screenplays...

-- Jack's threatened candle

------------------
GASOLINE: For Youth on the Move

Posts: 682 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Abhorsen
Geek Larva
Member # 1519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2002 17:50      Profile for The Abhorsen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No offense Tyler, but you look like freaking dracula.

chicgeek
Geek
Member # 1556

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 01, 2002 17:06      Profile for chicgeek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess since Brad Pitt was in Interview with the Vampire, that's an appropriate remark. lol.

I loved Eight Legged Freaks, speaking of good movies. For anyone who remembers Kingdom of the Spiders or Swarm, it's a pretty funny throwback to those '70s when-animals-mutate-and-attack movies.

Posts: 235 | From: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture