homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Greetings, comrads!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Greetings, comrads!!
Apollyon-SM
Geek Larva
Member # 929

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted July 05, 2002 11:27      Profile for Apollyon-SM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi! I've been posting a little bit here and there, and I thought it was time I introduced myself. My name is Apollyon-SM. I live in Alaska. I have a Mac. I got my nick when a friend of mine let me play CS on his comp. He was pressing me to pick a nick for the game. I wanted Apollyon. He wanted Sandman. We compromised with Apollyon-SM.

My web site will tell you more! Go there now!!
http://www.transformationalaska.com/poodle_cat/

------------------
"I can run faster than cheap panty hose on a itchy porcupine."

Posts: 28 | From: Anchorage,Alaska,US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted July 06, 2002 07:39      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there! I should hold a grudge against you cos you're from Alaska (the Brits are meant to be taking over this forum, dammit!) but I'll let you go with a warning

Welcome!

sky

------------------
It's a lot weirder than it looks, trust me ;)

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Apollyon-SM
Geek Larva
Member # 929

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted July 06, 2002 12:12      Profile for Apollyon-SM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before anyone asks, we DON'T live in igloos, and we have a McDonald's just like everyone else!!

------------------

Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted July 06, 2002 15:13      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Apollyon-SM:
Before anyone asks, we DON'T live in igloos, and we have a McDonald's just like everyone else!!

Haahaha, good one... I like that. But anywho, why'd you make this little thread when you could've just gone to neotatsu's one for all the newbies?

Dun give me THAT excuse, mister!

Oh well, it's done now... hello and welcome! I'm the Twinkie, but eh, I won't even bother listing me other names .

------------------
Look at me, dammit, I'm your little princess!!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted July 06, 2002 17:13      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wecome Apollyon-SM!

Have fun!

re: what Twinkle Toes said...
you could've just gone to neotatsu's one for all the newbies?
Twinkle Toes, in case you missed my post, we don't want a single thread like neotatsu suggested for all the newbies. We want eveyone to have their own.

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted July 06, 2002 17:17      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, sadly I... I just read that *crosses her eyes*.
Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 06, 2002 23:52      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
aye, I just read it meself a bit ago, and I must say it's perfectly quiggy with me...sometimes they've got something to say in particulars and it's not a bad thing to actually NOTICE when theres someone new to the board, just don't expect me to welcome everyone on their own threads, cuz I don't usually read them unless the name of the thread says somthing other than 'hey I'm new here'....so, anywho, welcome to the board apollyon, hope you enjoy your stay here in the realm of the geekiness

------------------
Procrastination is like Masturbation. All your doing is fucking yourself!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Irene Kelly
Geek
Member # 1476

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2002 00:44      Profile for Irene Kelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apollyon-SM have you ever gone on vacation and told someone that you DO live in an iglo? it real fun. you tell them that you ride polar bears to school and have pet piguens, oh and a dog sled. and dont forget that there is always snow on the ground no matter what time of year.

welcome to the forum

-kelly

------------------
"You have asked the question and the Great Guru Kelly has answered."

Posts: 168 | From: Alaska | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2002 04:25      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Irene Kelly:
Apollyon-SM have you ever gone on vacation and told someone that you DO live in an iglo? it real fun. you tell them that you ride polar bears to school and have pet piguens, oh and a dog sled. and dont forget that there is always snow on the ground no matter what time of year.

welcome to the forum

-kelly

Some of us know that the only way to ride a polar bear to school is on the inside.

Of course, you're protected from the elements that way, but what a lousy view, and there's no place to hang the pinetree-shaped air freshener.

Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Irene Kelly
Geek
Member # 1476

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2002 13:16      Profile for Irene Kelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good point.

-kelly

------------------
"You have asked the question and the Great Guru Kelly has answered."

Posts: 168 | From: Alaska | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Apollyon-SM
Geek Larva
Member # 929

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted July 07, 2002 17:11      Profile for Apollyon-SM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Holy nutbunnies, you people are frickin' friendly!!!!

------------------

The Abhorsen
Geek Larva
Member # 1519

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted July 19, 2002 15:02      Profile for The Abhorsen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apollyon, what part of AK? Fairbanks, here.
Posts: 27 | From: A place strong with charter magic | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Apollyon-SM
Geek Larva
Member # 929

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted July 19, 2002 16:08      Profile for Apollyon-SM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I live in the one near the bottom. with the dog. and the blue thing. I've already said to much.

------------------

LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2002 17:42      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Apollyon-SM:
I live in the one near the bottom. with the dog. and the blue thing. I've already said to much.

Don't sweat it, THEY already know where you are, so you're already under scrutiny.

Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheAnnoyedCockroach
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1115

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2002 19:04      Profile for TheAnnoyedCockroach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hey there! I should hold a grudge against you cos you're from Alaska (the Brits are meant to be taking over this forum, dammit!) but I'll let you go with a warning <http://www.geekculture.com/ultimatebb/wink.gif>

Fight the power!!!

Er, welcome.

------------------
Wait! It's a trick. Get an axe.

Posts: 1063 | From: The Devil's Dance Floor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture