homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Oh, i am new also! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Oh, i am new also!
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 4 posted January 19, 2002 11:35      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I am Nayt. (pronounced Nate) I am new to this forum. As indicated by my name i am a mac user, and i love alomost all things mac. I am also a BSD user and unix user. maybe you could call me a geek, but i refrain from using that term. If you want to know anything else about me, post away.
Nayt

------------------
Through out your life
you will wonder who
THEY are. Then you
find out who THEY
really are. From then
on you live you life in
fear of THEM and you
wish you never knew
who THEY were.

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 19, 2002 21:12      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Nayt!

Welcome to the forums, hope you have a long and happy stay.

What do you prefer to be called, if not a geek? (Most people here would see geek as a positive word, but of course many in this world don't.)

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted January 20, 2002 10:44      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the term techie. seem that the word geek is much more of a stereotype then techie. I am not against being a geek. But i am against judgemental people. I think it is very rude and somewhat two-faced. Just my little two sence there.
Nayt

------------------
Through out your life
you will wonder who
THEY are. Then you
find out who THEY
really are. From then
on you live you life in
fear of THEM and you
wish you never knew
who THEY were.

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
iballoondesign
Highlie
Member # 1037

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2002 23:41      Profile for iballoondesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good nite and good morning
Posts: 569 | From: Irving, TX | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2002 20:16            Edit/Delete Post 
and with that, a new evil entered the forum. A new evil that would divide the geeks into two types. The revolution has begun..........
IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2002 02:10      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by avatar:
and with that, a new evil entered the forum. A new evil that would divide the geeks into two types. The revolution has begun..........

...with one geek to bind them all?

------------------
"You mean you've been up here in all this beastly mud and oomska without
wellingtons? This afternoon I shall take you both into Penrith and get you
fitted with some good quality rubber boots."

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2002 04:10      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.....Yeah, and to find them all and in the darkness bind them in the land beyond their understanding.
Nayt

------------------
c:/dos
c:/dos/run
run/dos/run

TheAnnoyedCockroach
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1115

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2002 16:01      Profile for TheAnnoyedCockroach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One geek to rule them all,
One geek to find them,
One geek to bring them down,
And in the darkness bind them.

That geek is me. I am The Annoyed Cockroach. I am the peacemaker.

I am full of it.

------------------
If you flip a coin a thousand times, how many times would it end up heads?

Posts: 1063 | From: The Devil's Dance Floor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nemo
Geek
Member # 1122

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted March 16, 2002 10:53      Profile for Nemo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All kneel to the Cochroach!

Posts: 122 | From: The deep woods of Norway | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheAnnoyedCockroach
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1115

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2002 20:25      Profile for TheAnnoyedCockroach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
All kneel to the Cochroach!

That's cockroach, ignorant mammalian.

------------------
If you flip a coin a thousand times, how many times would it end up heads?

Posts: 1063 | From: The Devil's Dance Floor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2002 20:29      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will never kneel to you. You will have to prop up my cold dead body.
nayt

------------------
run/dos/run

Nemo
Geek
Member # 1122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2002 03:59      Profile for Nemo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TheAnnoyedCockroach:
That's cockroach, ignorant mammalian.

Sorry... Does me being sick count as an apology?!

/shaking with fever
/also suffering from dyslectic fingers

Posts: 122 | From: The deep woods of Norway | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 18, 2002 04:01      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nemo:

/shaking with fever

Get well soon, Captain! The Nautilus needs you!

------------------
"Like I said the last time Ted - it won't happen again." - Father Dougal McGuire

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2002 06:17      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lecdysic fingers, I dah esoht ecno.

If the above was funny, you might be a geek-- er techie... er something.

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TechnoGram
Alpha Geek
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 18, 2002 07:40      Profile for TechnoGram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster:
lecdysic fingers, I dah esoht ecno.

If the above was funny, you might be a geek-- er techie... er something.

i found it funny, perhaps weird might be appropriate here?

------------------
.--. .-. --- - ---

Posts: 250 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheAnnoyedCockroach
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1115

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2002 18:47      Profile for TheAnnoyedCockroach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
/shaking with fever

Come now, do you think I became the One Geek by being compassionate? May you be banished to a Windoze PC for your error and subsequent excuse!

And let that system be ME.

macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2002 18:51      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you may be the one geek, but i have the one modem that you need to connect again. My guess is that you only need this one modem to enslave all these boards in a second darkness.
nayt

------------------
run/dos/run

Nemo
Geek
Member # 1122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2002 00:20      Profile for Nemo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cockroach;
Too late for that, I'm already stuck with Windoze PC's up to my neck.

spungo;
Thank you! I'll remember you when the island blows up.

GameMaster;
LOL

GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2002 05:00      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your Roachness, The One Geek, may I ask, Where is your athority derived? And if I help you inslave the boards, what shall be my prize?

(Should I even encourage him this much???)

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2002 10:22      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure it is wise to encourage him. I do not wish to be enslaved by a giant roached who is a bit annoyed. I will fight the coming darkness with my great magic of pointless posts. Oh wait, now i am encouraging him.
Nayt

------------------
run/dos/run

PontiMacX
Newbie Larva
Member # 1185

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted March 19, 2002 13:54      Profile for PontiMacX   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will I bend knee (huh, he said…!NI!…) not to any fellow creature or image of false godliness, or to any roaches.

Cars don't have knees!
(huh, he said…!NI!… again!)

Posts: 6 | From: Berea, OH, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
PontiMacX
Newbie Larva
Member # 1185

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2002 14:03      Profile for PontiMacX   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And to prove I'm a car…

Posts: 6 | From: Berea, OH, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted March 19, 2002 15:21      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
love the car, but you have to lose the white top, that is just tacky. I drove a Chevy Malibu of a similar year and dimensions, it had a 383 stroker. I used to enjoy blowing away those hopped up hondas. They never expected the big rust bucket with a cheesy blue top to be so fast........Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheAnnoyedCockroach
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1115

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2002 16:31      Profile for TheAnnoyedCockroach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, you may think you can resist the almighty roach now... You will pay later.

My power comes from nobody but myself. Myself, and by drawing on the apathetic energies of young adults worldwide!

I am the One Roach. You will all fall under my rule.

macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 19, 2002 17:35      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the roach has bee around to much bug spray.
Nayt

------------------
run/dos/run

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture