homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » The Screen Scarers!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Screen Scarers!
erp
Assimilated
Member # 602

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted January 13, 2003 08:54      Profile for erp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
o.k. so i haven't had TechTV for over a year now...but, when did the Screen Savers become so scary? [Eek!] And when did their coverage become so lame? [Confused]

I understand that sometimes comedy = exaggeration, and I assume some exaggeration has ocurred in this portrayal. However, perhaps not? Can someone, anyone, please clarify.

--------------------
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." - Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Posts: 484 | From: beneath the Gables of Coral | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted January 13, 2003 09:14      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The comic was filmed live in the Cartoon Universe.

hey, I thought it was a great episode.
[Wink]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 13, 2003 09:18      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was this comic made in hopes of getting a mention on TSS?
TSS just keeps getting better and better now that the Mac coverage has increased. [Smile] [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

BTW: I still miss Kate... [Frown]

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
erp
Assimilated
Member # 602

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 13, 2003 09:20      Profile for erp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you email it to them? It might drive some traffic your way if they mention you on the air?

Then again, I wonder if you'd want the traffic they'd be sendin'? Hits are hits, I guess. *shrug*

Posts: 484 | From: beneath the Gables of Coral | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 13, 2003 09:25      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent the link to Patrick & Leo, as well as Megan and Martin, who do the Site of The Night.

I got an autoresponder from Leo's account. [Frown]

We'll have to watch tonight and see if it gets on*!

=DB

*or I'll have to get out the sledgehammer!

--------------------
I've found life is so much better in the cartoon universe!
"No power in the 'Verse can stop us!"

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted January 13, 2003 09:41      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh no! [Eek!] I see server overload! [Big Grin] Will Interland lose it again? [Roll Eyes]
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 13, 2003 16:24      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update!:

I haven't seen tonight's show yet (thank The Maker for Tivo!) but I usually watch the webcams while they're doing the show and at about 2 minutes to air they were all gathered around Patrick's iBook ( [Beard of Peter Gabriel!] !) and the Jibcam clearly showed today's JoT on the screen.

Everyone was standing around looking at it: Megan, Leo, Kevin(?), Marty and a bunch of the crew.

I'll have to watch the Tivo playback to see if they mentioned it on air.

=DB

...preferring NOT to have to resort to "Power Tools of Mass Destruction"...

--------------------

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 13, 2003 17:00      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!

Leo just posted in his weblog over at Leoville:

http://www.leoville.com/mt/archives/005583.shtml

=DB

/me puts away the sledgehammer...

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 13, 2003 19:56      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey neato!... we've been away all day, just got back, thanks for posting that DB [Smile]
mackevin
Geek
Member # 979

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted January 14, 2003 10:23      Profile for mackevin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's wrong about sending eCards [Confused] ?

In the "Paradise of Geekness" they offer eCards (with geeky sound!) too:

http://www.geekculture.com/occasioncard.html

mackevin

--------------------
If there are any linguistical bugs... Please show them to me!
Found out (after 5 years) it should be: "linguistic bugs"-nobody told me :-(

Posts: 108 | From: Berlin, Germany | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Declan
Geek
Member # 1123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 14, 2003 14:08      Profile for Declan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What's wrong about sending eCards [[Confused]] ?
Because of a condition of his parole , Kevin cannot touch a computer until the 21'st of january.

So for him to have sent an E-card , then back to jail he goes.

Declan

--------------------
Insert witty catchism here.

Posts: 119 | From: Barrie,ontario,canada | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
JrzyTmata
Maximum Newbie
Member # 1874

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 14, 2003 16:49      Profile for JrzyTmata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screensavers just featured JOT at the end of the Tuesday's show. they showed the cartoon and gave the url!
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 14, 2003 19:51      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hee hee...Leo called Snaggy "Shaggy." [Big Grin]
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted January 14, 2003 20:03      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hee hee, every time that happens, you're supposed to take a drink. [Smile]
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted January 14, 2003 20:10      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take it that happens a lot. [Wink]
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 14, 2003 21:40      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See, my email worked!

DigitalBill saved The ScreenSavers! [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

=DB

Live, from south florida, it's the GeekSavers! (Featuring Legna!)

--------------------

Jessycat

Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 14, 2003 23:58      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw the episode!
Leo said it was the best caricature of them (Leo and Patrick) that he had ever seen. AND Kevin Mitnick really is going to be on the show on the 20th or whenever (I forget.)

Way to go Nitro and Snaggy!!!

Posts: 491 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
RickYaeger

SuperFan!
Member # 1512

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2003 12:43      Profile for RickYaeger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Beard of Peter Gabriel!] May the increase is traffic bring hundreds of new SuperFans. [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

--------------------
==
One Question Interviews
JoT#534

Posts: 45 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted January 15, 2003 19:28      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TV/radio/streaming shows always call him Shaggy. I suppose this is made up for by the fact that he is on TV/radio/streaming shows at all. At least the URL is right, right?

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 21, 2003 12:12      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there,

The Screensavers are linking to your home page and the archived comic about Kevin in relation to their show tonight. Looks like the Woz and other sundry guests will be their to help Kevin as he gets back in the saddle so to speak. [Cool] [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
JrzyTmata
Maximum Newbie
Member # 1874

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2003 15:46      Profile for JrzyTmata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Leo called him Shaggy again.
showed the latest JOT.

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2003 17:41      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They also had a hacked "Free Kevin-Kevin Free" ala Monday's comic on the laptop Kevin was using. Woz gave him a new Powerbook! Why couldn't he have given one to Snaggy for Christmas? [Frown]

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture