homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Let Me Hunt Him Down, Please!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Let Me Hunt Him Down, Please!
LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 02:51      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darn, guys, you brought up the one actor I've been able to forget until now.

I always hoped Berman would get smart and kill that little turd, but noooooooooo! Thank goodness Wheaton's career has matched that of everyone else who's been on Trek and he's not been heard from again.

Icky-poo nasty!

Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 04:35      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we all know about William Shatner's post-ST career.

Walter Koenig did an awesome job portraying Bester on B5.

Patrick Stewart has done a few things here and there, from Shakespeare to popular movies.

Michael Dorn did the voice of Weasel in Cartoon Network's "I Am Wesasel".

Brent Spiner is a very versatile actor, and has appeared in some TV and movie roles.

Levar Burton hosted/narrated "Reading Rainbow" on PBS.

... and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 05:19      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never really been a fan of NG, I just couldn't get into it, so I don't really care about the guy either way. I love Enterprise though-T'Pol!!!
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 08:36            Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone see the Star Trek edition of The Weakest Link last year? Wil was one of the eight contestants, and he hung in there almost to the end--literally, he was the last guy voted off before LeVar Burton and Robert Picardo duked it out for the grand prize. He even outlasted William Shatner! (They were all playing for charity, of course; Wil was playing for EFF.) And he got a chance to show off the great sense of humor anyone who reads his site will recognize.

And now he's working as a host for one of the major shows on new cable network G4, devoted to computer gaming. Most geeks out there would kill for a job like that...

So don't dis Wil; he's One Of Us at heart. I've certainly been watching all the TNG reruns on TNN that feature Wesley in a new light...

IP: Logged
maxomai
Alpha Geek
Member # 781

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 09:59      Profile for maxomai   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Erbo:

So don't dis Wil; he's One Of Us at heart. I've certainly been watching all the TNG reruns on TNN that feature Wesley in a new light...

He also posts on Slashdot quite a bit. And he has his own slashdotish website (although it uses Movable Type, which is not Free Software.)

So, yeah, he really is one of us.

Posts: 343 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted July 26, 2002 10:20      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What if I told you all that I got a very private and peronal tour of the Enterprise set last october... and what if I told you I am doing it again this very september after ConJose.

macmcseboy

"AppleService to the rescue"

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
EngrBohn
Uber Geek
Member # 476

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 17:35      Profile for EngrBohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
- macmcseboy -
What if I told you (...)

Then I would be obliged to reply "Lucky Bastard".

------------------
cb
Oooh! What does this button do!?

Posts: 987 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 22:29            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by macmcseboy:
What if I told you all that I got a very private and peronal tour of the Enterprise set last october... and what if I told you I am doing it again this very september after ConJose.

I'm sorry, but we're going to have to shoot you now.

Seriously, I have to echo EngrBohn..."Lucky bastard!"

Whose butt did you have to kiss to get this favor?

IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2002 11:13      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
to quote to other people "lucky bastard" id do anything to get on that set.... T'Pol *droool*

Robert Picardo did a voice on Cow and Chicken, but i suspect he will have a more illustrious career then other trek cast members.. as he like patrick stewart has been in a lot of other stuff that and the fact that he will probably be playing the medical hologram if they make any other shows..

and you cant forget about Jonathan Frakes who now hosts that stupid show on Fox.. "Believe it or not" or something to that nature..

------------------
Real funny scotty now beam down my clothes

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted July 29, 2002 12:11      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you know that Jolene Blalock looks much better in person than she does on screen. If they ever reinstate the Paramount tour, the locations on interest are Stages 8,9,and 18. Stage 8 contains corridors, sickbay, the mess hall, and crew quarters. Stage 9 is Planet Hell. Stage 18 is The Bridge, Engineering, Torpedo Room, Transporter, Detox, shuttlebay and other corridors. This is a Closed set when it's shooting, no civilians without proper clearance. If I was able to stay another week, I would have been ther when Nemesis was shooting. Alas I could not afford to stay another week. I will answer Questions about the sets if you have any. Due to the fact ther is a stict code at the lot ther are no civillian cameras permitted on the lot. So I have no photographic evidence, all I have are memories and a Map of the lot (which I never needed to begin with.)
Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2002 20:33      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
those supposedly 'new' episodes of "believe it or not" on fox were aired originally on the sci-fi channel two years ago..
Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture