homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Dell vs Mac mall battle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dell vs Mac mall battle
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2002 05:29      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, i have to say that the mac will win here. Just because dude is cute, does not mean his computer is sexy. We all know that a powerbook g4 is sexy looking, and an eye grabber. So if dell dude is just walking around the mall with a normal black dell laptop he is going to fail. Anyone else care to wager on the outcome?
Nayt

------------------
c:/dos
c:/dos/run
run/dos/run

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2002 08:35      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
20 Quatloos on the Mac!

=bd

100 more Quatloos if it's an iMac!

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2002 10:27      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the Geniuses can get ahold of a new iMac, the Dude doesn't stand a chance.
Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2002 10:32      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the only down side is that the new iMac is not very mobile. To get the girls the mac guys may have to leave the apple store. Head to a Gap store or something. Find the girls in their natural habitat.
Nayt

------------------
run/dos/run

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
mackevin
Geek
Member # 979

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted April 03, 2002 15:27      Profile for mackevin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im very excited to see what will happen next!

But since I have seen this one:

http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/287.html

I know.

Realy? It would be to easy ....

mackevin

Posts: 108 | From: Berlin, Germany | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
sugarkill
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 1262

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2002 10:02      Profile for sugarkill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, here's one thing I've noticed about computer stores in general. If you go into a PC store, you will mostly see, well, geeks. Teenage homeboy gamer geeks, IT geeks, hobbyist geeks.

Now, if you go into a store the specializes in Macs, what do you see? Hmm, I usually see hot graphic artist tech-talking babes, sexy alterna-chick web dsigners and such. After all, where are you more likely to see Nitrozac?

------------------
The scientist, seeking Truth, discovers Beauty;

The artist, seeking Beauty, discovers Truth.

Posts: 2 | From: San Francisco, CA, US | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
iMat
Geek
Member # 1246

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted April 04, 2002 19:00      Profile for iMat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I rarely see geeks at PC stores.

Most of them orover-worked underpaid, bored-out-of-their-minds looking people.

They would sometimes stalk aroung looking at 2 computers which are exactly alike, just diffent brand, and ponder on which one to buy.
Some are so asorbed into this artificial layer of computing imagery created be M$, when you ask them, "excuse me, do you perfer Macs, or PC's?" they would say "PC's all the way!" Even though I offer them an option of ultra-powerful Macs like a PowerMac.

They would also have no sense in design, I've asked some people about the new iMac and they said, "I wouldn't really want one, the design is too strange, way to wierd for me, I would never get used to computer like that."

Sad isn't it?

--iMat

Posts: 119 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
joliet_jane
Alpha Geek
Member # 818

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted April 04, 2002 21:59      Profile for joliet_jane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet on Mac. Steven will never get chicks with that cheezy holiday getup!
Posts: 330 | From: PA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
iballoondesign
Highlie
Member # 1037

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted April 04, 2002 23:18      Profile for iballoondesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sugarkill:
Now, if you go into a store the specializes in Macs, what do you see? Hmm, I usually see hot graphic artist tech-talking babes, sexy alterna-chick web dsigners and such. After all, where are you more likely to see Nitrozac?

movie maker, comic artist, famous illustrator, and more. They are dang cool Mac user.

But I hate to saying that Dell is sure cheaper that start with $699, I saw on the tv commerical ads. What a good deal. My parents just throw their money on Dell desktop. Also, at the campus where I go there, in the learning center room, they recenty replace from old Targent to cool black Dell desktop.

In print lab room, they also replace old PowerMac G3 (blue) to new G4 with every 17" LCD!!!! What a SWEET!!!! I have been like sit there and stare for quite long time. Oh my god, I am in love.
***wheez***

------------------
Riding on the balloon, flow over the world...

Posts: 569 | From: Irving, TX | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2002 05:26      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how can this be happeneing. How can Dell Dude be beating the mac? this should not be happeneing. Someone must make the mac stand look cooler and get a new iMac out there quick.
Nayt

------------------
run/dos/run

TechnoGram
Alpha Geek
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2002 07:09      Profile for TechnoGram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by macadddikt18:
how can this be happeneing. How can Dell Dude be beating the mac? this should not be happeneing. Someone must make the mac stand look cooler and get a new iMac out there quick.
Nayt

The problem is the cartoon universe laws of physics. Nitrozac has made the dude way cuter than he is in real life. He's cool in rl, but not really that cute. Of course he's also young and famous, which may have something to do with getting babes too.

------------------
Free Speech Is The Right To Shout 'Theater' In A Crowded Fire.

Posts: 250 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2002 08:14      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only 5 minutes left? I think this looks like a job for... um, some sort of superhero?

Or maybe Steven's dad will show up and ground him for borrowing his car without permission.

Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mattface
Mini Geek
Member # 1189

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2002 09:01      Profile for Mattface     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The problem is that Dell's high profile anoyingly cute TV spokesperson is going head to head with Apple's low wage retail "Geniuses". That's just NOT a fair fight. Now if apple were to bring in... Uh... Jeff Goldblume? Never mind. Apple is doomed.
Posts: 68 | From: Montpelier | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 08, 2002 08:15      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, Apple's counterpart to Steven is Steve Jobs. If Steve and Steven had a babe-off, it would be a more interesting battle.
Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ehwood
Maximum Newbie
Member # 1334

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted April 23, 2002 19:28      Profile for ehwood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They should have time warped in the young Steve Jobs who founded the company. Total babe-out.

------------------
Hi.

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture