homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Solution To The Prairie Dog Problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Solution To The Prairie Dog Problem
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 20, 2002 10:47      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I have a solution to the prairie dog problem the Geek and his friends are having. I could let them borrow my dog Kerry. She's a Shar-pei/Staffordshire Terrier mix, and loves to chase small mammals. So far she has killed a squirrel (Or at least we think she did, it's carrass was lying underneath the tree she usually rests under, and squirrels don't usually drop dead and fall out of trees), and two moles. They might have been shrews, since they were only 1-2 inches long. The last one I found still had incriminating teeth marks and saliva on it. She almost killed a rabbit once. She was going through her usual stalking routine, and I thought the rabbit would notice and get away, but it was too late. She grabbed hold of it and started violently shaking it. If I hadn't yelled at her, distracting her for a second, she probably would have eviserated it. It got away OK. The other day I saw her down along the fence pouncing at something. I went down and saw a squirrel that I thought was dead. I don't know if she had anything to do with it. I later came back to remove the carcass, but it was gone! I then saw that it had crawled under the fence, and was lying in the yard next door. It scooted along on its belly like it couldn't move its legs. Maybe it did fall out of a tree and broke its back. I hope Kerry didn't do it. I don't need a mass murderer on my hands. So I think prairie dogs, papier-mache or otherwise, would not be a problem for her to tackle.

------------------
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted August 20, 2002 18:14      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mmm... i think a lot of raid might do it
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 20, 2002 18:33      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemydualg4:
mmm... i think a lot of raid might do it

But it wouldn't be as fun to watch. Kerry's enviromentally friendly. Well, except to small mammals.

------------------
The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted August 21, 2002 10:32      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ilovemydualg4:
[b]mmm... i think a lot of raid might do it

But it wouldn't be as fun to watch. Kerry's enviromentally friendly. Well, except to small mammals.

[/B][/QUOTE]

we could always just use DDT

well, whales are mamals? all mamals have hair? shave the whales. (dilbert)

------------------
'Excuse me, I have to go blow somethign up..... It's a military thing....'-Col. Jack. O'Neil

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 21, 2002 12:24      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
we could always just use DDT

Good luck finding any, it's been banned for years.

------------------

Punchcard
Geek Apprentice
Member # 649

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted September 05, 2002 23:23      Profile for Punchcard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, it's the first Post-Y2K Trojan Praire Dog virus. [Big Grin]
Posts: 41 | From: A concrete bunker on a volcanic island, deep in the South Pacific... | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2002 03:24      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yo uthink rat poion in their water supply owuld work then?
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted September 06, 2002 04:00      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dualg, what is your fascination with death by chemicals? Are you an operative for a certain terrorist organization? [Eek!] You'd probably like to see a video of it too. [Big Grin]
LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2002 05:35      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(Or at least we think she did, it's carrass was lying underneath the tree she usually rests under, and squirrels don't usually drop dead and fall out of trees)

They do when I shoot them! [Big Grin]
Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2002 08:47      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Banjo music in background* Yee-hah!!! [Roll Eyes]
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2002 09:04      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'd probably be interested in this. Also this CNN story.
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2002 12:22      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dualg, what is your fascination with death by chemicals? Are you an operative for a certain terrorist organization? [Eek!] You'd probably like to see a video of it too. [Big Grin]

no, it has just been my experience that dangerous chemicals are the best way to kill rodents, after having chewed through 2 ethernet cables i declared war
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2002 05:41      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
then i found one trying to get into my imac, what has the world come to
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted September 08, 2002 08:15      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

At least they have good "taste." [Big Grin]
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2002 11:28      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

At least they have good "taste." [Big Grin]
heh, except that i took apart the imac and put it in a generic tower case (very long story)

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture