homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » The Geek's Secret Weapon (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The Geek's Secret Weapon
The1Paladin
Newbie Larva
Member # 611

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted January 08, 2001 19:08      Profile for The1Paladin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Magnificent Valour to all who have been getting to the poll. I knew the geeks were out there.

Heh, for all those who can't figure it out, I'll post up a normal poll on the AY2K page by tomorrow.

Just be sure to possibly add something for those of us who actually had to work today (Installing firewall) and didn't have the time to try and figure it out. I'd try from home, but sense I'm going straight to class tonight and then to bed, it don't seem likely.

;-)

Posts: 9 | From: Portland, OR USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Burnum
Discontinued

Icon 6 posted January 08, 2001 19:57            Edit/Delete Post 
WooHoo!

I was thrown off by that 'warped HTML' thing for awhile. I kept on thinking that the answer was in the HTML code or something. I kept on trying to find out how to access the poll, and then it hit me. Create the form dofus! Sucsess! Very cool.

Part of the QuickPoll says 'We'll get acouple of these...' what theses are Nitrozac refering to?

IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 08, 2001 21:09      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Part of the QuickPoll says 'We'll get a
couple of these...' what theses are Nitrozac refering to?

That's there 'cause I figured some geeks would be submiting higher numbers as part of the poll values.

FYI: The poll is in place again on the main page.
Thanks to all who participated in the Great QuickPoll hunt!

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
EngrBohn
Uber Geek
Member # 476

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2001 21:29      Profile for EngrBohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yes I was updating last week's poll, and it looks like the reason was I was submitting to /cgi-bin/quickpoll2/quickpoll.cgi instead of /cgi-bin/quickpoll/quickpoll.cgi

------------------
cb
Oooh! What does this button do!?

Posts: 987 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Section 8
Geek Apprentice
Member # 383

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2001 00:02      Profile for Section 8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HAH HA HA! My l33t [email protected] brother has divined the solution and revealed it to me! And I was actually close to getting it! And he showed me after the solution was available to all!

*sob* I am not geek....

synrg
Mini Geek
Member # 623

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2001 09:41      Profile for synrg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In case anyone was wondering how one could vote only with the browser, here's what I did. I just visited yesterday's poll for Joy of Tech, did a "Save As..." to save the page as joy.html, used the Composer to change joyoftech to quickpoll, and hey-presto, I had a working form. No coding a form from scratch required. No tools other than Communicator used. No added salt, fat, sugar, food coloring, artificial flavours, or preservatives either. A completely natural (not to mention recycled) solution.
Posts: 72 | From: Halifax, NS, Canada | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2001 17:17      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by synrg:
In case anyone was wondering how one could vote only with the browser, here's what I did. I just visited yesterday's poll for Joy of Tech, did a "Save As..." to save the page as joy.html, used the Composer to change joyoftech to quickpoll, and hey-presto, I had a working form. No coding a form from scratch required. No tools other than Communicator used. No added salt, fat, sugar, food coloring, artificial flavours, or preservatives either. A completely natural (not to mention recycled) solution.

I like that. The religous question is do you consider Composer part of the browser or not. I write my web pages with a text editor, so Composer never entered my mind. I also happen to have a command line http tool around (http://tony.aiu.to/sa/webfetch.html) which I use almost daily for peeking and poking web sites from scripts.
"When you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
rw

Member # 590

Icon 1 posted January 10, 2001 00:05      Profile for rw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CyberGoddess:
The Quick Poll says...

In the event of a giant bluish blast, one that destroys the html, could you find the quick poll?

Yes
Absolutely
It wouldn't be too hard
A friend helped me
Huh?

What a letdown! I was sure it would be the long-lost lyrics to Louie Louie.

Posts: 429 | From: Kirkland, Wash. (US of A) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2001 09:18      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rw:
What a letdown! I was sure it would be the long-lost lyrics to Louie Louie.

Louie, Louie's lyrics were reprinted in a Bloom County comic strip. I'd go look for them, but I'd have to read every strip again, and keep reading even after I found the right one.

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture