homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Good news!   » Rare exports

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rare exports
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2010 10:00      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A new full lenght feature rare exports film is coming.

I have posted about this original once or twice here.

The original was awesome, the second was good, I don't know if I will like the third, Santa here seems to be portryed as evil. IN the short films he was just protryed as a wild animal (neither good nor bad).

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2010 16:24      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Youtube link for those who don't want to install iTunes, iTunes helper apps, Bonjour, Apple's updater and god only knows what other bloated crap Apple has tied Quicktime to of late.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2010 18:49      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, because Flash isn't a bloated sack of poo. [Wink]

Full Disclosure: I clicked the YouTube link in preference to the Apple link. But I couldn't resist the snarcasm.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2010 21:56      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...so I greatly enjoyed the original short when it came out. I hadn't seen the 'safety video' until this evening on YouTube...but I also enjoyed it.

The trailer and the full-length? Meh.

I fear it seems a bit 'too hollywood.' At the very least, I loved the narration and soundtrack of the 'originals.' The whole tone of it, the colo[u]ring of it...it had a wonderful air of mystery. This is just a bit too flash. :/

That being said, I might drag some friends to it just to mess with their heads. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 05:20      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, MightyClub:
Right, because Flash isn't a bloated sack of poo. [Wink]

At around 8% the size of the Quicktime installer, Flash is more like an anorexic sack of security holes.

Think of it this way: Quicktime is like Divine and Flash is like a prostitute with a serious meth addiction. Neither is what you want and you'll regret it the next morning, but they're both easily available and you're probably drunk enough.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 07:19      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn you, Steen...I just spilt some tea reading that. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 29, 2010 11:17      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hah! You said "security holes", then proceeded to talk about a prostitute. [Big Grin]

The Devil's Advocacy was worth it just for your response [Smile]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2010 17:44      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Santa Claus as a supernatural evil? Finally, I can indulge my inner Scrooge [Smile]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture