homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Good news!   » More Good News! More Good News!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More Good News! More Good News!
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2009 20:00      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Friends!

I have not read any good news here since I got out of surgery!

I am sorry for that. I wish I could read your happy stories.

So I read some news today that should cheer every-body all up.

OK?

R-U Ready to have a better day?

Here it is!

This holiday season you can be glad you are not Tiger Woods!

Looks like he drove for the wrong hole!

Ha-ha-ha!

Start your engines.

Have a great day!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2009 21:20      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the difference between an SUV and a golf ball?

Tiger Woods can drive a golf ball straight for 300 yards.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2009 22:54      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In golf scores there are Eagle, Birdie, Boggey and Tiger.

A Tiger is a short drive into a tree...

When his wife was asked how many times she swung the
club to break the window she said, "Put me down for 5 strokes."

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2009 19:33      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's some good news!!! Just scored a 99 on my Tn History final...woot!!! That class was a bitch. Now, about Tiger..This topic bothers me a little. I mean, lots of people cheat on their spouses, I am not saying it is ok, but it happens everyday. SO, Tiger got caught, he is still a golf legend. He just got sloppy!!!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2009 22:48      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news, gg!

Still...he got sloppy a lot of times, it seems. And all that with a stunner of a wife at home. Sounds like someone's a bit stupid!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2009 00:42      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here is someg ood news, my container,containing most everythign I own, didn't fall into the ocean and arrived at the port in Basel yesterday. woohoo, i get to open ca 75 boxes of prestents for christmass (all my stuff I havn't seen in five years, and since it is my stuff, I know I will like it!!!

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2009 04:55      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gg [thumbsup]

It's not about clever or stupid, or smart or sloppy, just that brain function stops when desire kicks in.

Schadenfreude ≠ Good News

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2009 15:56      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Miz Geeky Goddess!

Congratulations on your high score! That is good news! You must be really, really smart.

Hey Ash! Sounds you got lucky and kept your stuff.

All that is extra double good news!

WOW!

I am buying beer tonight for everybody! You just gotta show up.

Mr. Mo-Man you come over we can have a best bladder contest! Ha-ha-ha! You know what I mean!

Happy-happy times to all.

Have a greater day!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2009 17:42      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Well before me surgery, I had weak stream, I could maybe write the Gettysburg address in the snow, now I can drop 1/2Liter in the first half of the first letter. I can get the bottom of the F but not the top, I have to go in and consume more liquids.

____ Its like being ten again.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted December 09, 2009 10:03      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news?

I think I'm in love.

Ok, there is nothing good about it, since I've only met him online, and he already has a girlfriend, and he is an ocean away, and it's probably my imagination filling in the blanks the way I unconsciously want it...

But I feel good. [Razz]

Yeah, color me silly. [Roll Eyes] ... [Big Grin]

(And congrats on your good result, geekygoddess!)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2009 12:40      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
____ Well before me surgery, I had weak stream, I could maybe write the Gettysburg address in the snow, now I can drop 1/2Liter in the first half of the first letter. I can get the bottom of the F but not the top, I have to go in and consume more liquids.

Having gone through a couple rounds of urinary tract (and kidney) infections as a teenager, I can appreciate how good of news that is. It's one of those things that we all take for granted until there's a problem.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2009 14:24      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:

wait, you even piss slow when you get old? God , oldpeople do everything slowly.

[evil]

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2009 16:08      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ You Betcha, at around age sixty, I was like those TV ads for slow stream. 1/2 Liter would take up to thirty seconds, now with the prostate out of way, five seconds tops, push some and maybe two. I can't write that fast.

____ Stereo, What color is silly, does it look like a Goose? Beware if he asks for money, thats a slippery slope. Aen't dreams grand then we have to face reality, Good luck and stay cheerful. We need happy people here.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2009 17:52      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe, MoMan! No worry! I had already planned to go to Europe come May or June with two cousins of mine, and we may meet then. I certainly won't do anything crazy before meeting him face to face. Anyway, it may not even last that long. Until then, I sure enjoy the emotional ride! [crazy]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2009 21:13      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stereo....If he makes you feel good who cares where he is...If it is meant to be, it will find a way...I am a firm believer in that. I think everything happens for a reason...Good luck to you...
Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 10, 2009 06:57      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your support gg! [Smile]

And since I forgot in my previous message: MoMan, "silly," in this case, would be the color of a wild blue goose... [Wink]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 10, 2009 19:40      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everybody!

It is sure good to read about all this good news. Poor Tiger, though.

Stereo!

Love is always good!

I hope things turn out for you. It is good too that the Geeky Goddess says good things about LDR.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Geeky God-ess!

She must have changed her mind really fast!

LDR'S DO NOT WORK!

Maybe that is what happens when you get the best grade in the history of Tennessee! Al Gore would be proud. The Duke of Cumberland too!

I will say this.

I had a case of LDR once. Ten full bottles like wine.

I lovin' loved her so much. And when we met it was heaven.

I could walk on air, really. I can show you that air!

Then one day on the world wide web of internets I get a Dear Johns letter of cybersad.

I could not breathe. The air on which I once walked could not fill my lungs.

My heart broke into dust like a crystal goblet.

All the love that I saved for seeing her again flowed out of my broken heart and down my cheeks!

Once you meet your love and go back home, your heart can miss so much.

I hope your world is different.

Strong. Be Strong. LIVESTRONG! And love strong!

May the sunshine of love kisses your cheeks forever.

And good news is good news and ever never stops!

Tra-la. La-la!

Ashitaka!

Getting old doesn't mean a guy has to pee slow!

BPH will cause that. It stands for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Those are my big words for the day!

BPH to most people means they have to watch dumb commercials on TV. But to some guys in means the prostate squeezes your flow.

Then there is NBPH. Let's just say it is Not Benign PH. Or let's just say it's cancer! And the tumor squeezes your flow.

Me and Mo-Man they took out the cork! And they banged up the flow valve a bit, too.

Oh flow is no problem no mo. Not for me and Mo!

It took a few weeks to get the handle tightly turned on that problem. I was a drip!

Not anymore! And that is GOOD NEWS!

Have a really great day!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2009 14:15      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tiger, Tiger, bleeding bright
In the driveway of the night
What small Swedish hand or wrist
With a three-wood your head kissed?

(composed by a friend of mine, with apologies to William Blake)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2009 15:15      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TFD,

That put a bigger smile on my face.

Thank you!

Have a Great Day!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------

geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2009 19:11      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are all TOO happy....
I am stuck home on a Friday night craming for finals....tomorrow will be the last day of this semester....longest semester of my entire life...Hopefully I will have some much needed time off to enjoy some extracurricular activities:)
Steen...you owe me lunch:)

Wish me luck tomorrow...I sure need it!!!

Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2009 06:12      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Geeky Goddess Lady!

It is tomorrow, so it is time to wish you good luck.

Good Luck!

And there is no such thing as too happy! Maybe you find that out today.

Keep the good news coming.

Have a great day!

Mr. Geek2U!

--------------------

Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted December 14, 2009 09:47      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck geekygoddess! (if you are not done yet!)

As for me... After a week of ups and downs, waiting for him to put his ideas straight, wondering if it was supposed to be good or bad news... [Confused] It turned out good. I had a very good Saturday, chatting with him. [Big Grin]

And then I had a very good Sunday handing out a group gift to someone who didn't expected it - but totally earned it. [Happytears]

So now I am at work (ok, dinner time, really) trying not to smile too stupidly. [crazy]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture