homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Good news!   » This News is indieDOG approved...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This News is indieDOG approved...
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 17:18      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going into business! Can't quite let the indie dog out of the crate, but I'm really excited about it.

And, for the two (three?) people who have copies of Beneath a Sunless Sky, Nightmare Specters is being released in eBook format as soon as my business is up and running, and over a dozen Mission Point novels will be released soon after. And I am looking for undiscovered authors who are looking for an option somewhere between self-publishing at a printing site and publishing online for free.

Oh, and I earned a paralegal certificate with honors this last December, and I have written a couple of travel articles.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 17:22      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go... well done Jess
I hope that works out for you - and well done on the qualifying!
(makes mental note - must make time to finish reading Under a Sunless Sky...)

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 17:30      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I should finish that novel I've working on? I've made it to chapter 3. Where can I get that book? Beneath a Sunless Sky, and what Genre is it?

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 18:11      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
So I should finish that novel I've working on? I've made it to chapter 3. Where can I get that book? Beneath a Sunless Sky, and what Genre is it?

So I should finish that novel I've working on? I've made it to chapter 3.

Yes. Definitely. Finish the book, edit it, proofread it (or get it edited or proofread).

Where can I get that book? Beneath a Sunless Sky, and what Genre is it?

Beneath a Sunless Sky is a social science fiction novel set far in Earth's future. Humankind lives in arcologies, protected by a benevolent, intelligent computer--at any cost. You can find it on amazon.com

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted April 13, 2009 21:07      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool,

Nothing like hard economic times to bring out the genius in people.

What travel articles did you write?

Tell me more.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2009 02:20      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news Jess! Looking forward to the ebook. [Smile]
Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2009 07:33      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds excellent Jess. Please post all the info when you launch your new project. Glad you decided to keep going with the trilogy, you sounded pretty down on continuing at one point.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture