homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Good news!   » Some happy fluffy pink nicey niceness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some happy fluffy pink nicey niceness
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2009 08:09      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something for the weekend sir? I hope you like at least some of these.

Here is a stupid but amusing viral ad. I think they should have saved it up for April 1st myself, but it's still fun and well done.

These are all over the Internet now, but if you haven't yet checked out Kutiman's YouTube mashups do so. There is more than a touch of Norman Cook in his work, but he is an authentic Internet genius. On YouTube he gives links to all the individual parts in each film.

Have you tried Spotify yet? It's an ad supported free music streaming service, which distinguishes itself from the others like Pandora/LastFM/Jango by letting you choose what you listen to. It seems to be legal, I don't know how it slipped under the net, and am sure that as soon as the labels catch on to what is happening that it will either turn into a subscription service or be closed down, so enjoy it while you can. It is rather like being lent someone else's record collection, (and not a particularly comprehensive collection at that). Still worth it though. I am listening to ELO's Greatest Hits on it at the moment!

Talking of which are you still looking glum? Perhaps you need a word with Mr Blue Sky!

Have a lovely weekend everybody!

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2009 17:35      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With a thread title like that I was hoping for a skittle-pooping unicorn. Ah well.

I will check out the spotify link this week. thanks Calli.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 29, 2009 20:28      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...that's about the only thing the Storm is good for! [Razz]
(Worst BlackBerry...EVAR!)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted March 29, 2009 23:05      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For listening music streams I recommend Songza, created by Aza Raskin, son of Jef Raskin, who many remember as the father of the Macintosh.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted March 30, 2009 07:51      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calli - I skipped the viral ad as soon as I saw the motor racing reference in the titles..... not for me [Wink]

BUT! Kutiman is a genius. I love a good mashup, and I haven't seen anything of this quality since the 50 Cent Vs Jimmy Shand masterpiece.

Also, I like Spotify too. I've been using it for a couple of weeks and the ads are not too intrusive, certainly much less so than those on commercial radio. The Windows version runs under Wine on my little Ubuntu netbook, so I am not tied to the desk when I want to listen to Spotify.

In return for bringing Kutiman to my attention..... I offer you my latest YouTube discovery -

Campest Sci-Fi music ever!

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2009 14:52      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is marvellous Grum. Thank you!

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 30, 2009 19:53      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG Grum! EPIC GOLD!

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture