homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Good news!   » New relationship

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New relationship
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2009 08:51      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all y'all!

After hearing from some guys here losing their jobs I thought I might share some positive news happening in my life.

I had a good/bad start into 2009 - depending on your point of view.
My relationship with Tanja was crumbling since August '08. The only things that probably held us together were the fact that we had a vacation booked (non-refundable) that we both wanted to enjoy. And we were also living together.
After she found a new place to stay in early December (she could move in in January) we broke up while being on said vacation in Amsterdam.
It wasn't a horrbile breakup. We both were unhappy with the situation and I guess it was just time to let go. TBH I am happy about the breakup. We didn't match and there was no love or passion in the relationship.
So we broke up on Dec 27th, and she moved out on January 1st.

After the breakup I wanted to get rid of my baggage.
Incidentally a girl I've met half a year ago also broke up from her boyfriend. He just never answered her phone calls or emails. Quite a sucky way to end a 1,5+ year relationship. So we both wanted some distraction.
We met, and the chemistry was pretty fine. The day after she left I realized that I have a crush on her, but was scared to admit to her because I wasn't sure how she was feeling. Considering she just went through a breakup too I wasn't too positive about reaction.
BUT!
After some chatting we met again and the chemistry is just right. We get along very well and our personalities match.
I find it funny that I am now dating her. We initially met for a physical thing and now we have a relationship.
That's actually very cool because I probably wouldn't have thought about dating her in the first place for a number of reasons:
1) She lives 130 miles away from me. I didn't want another long-distance relationship.
2) She's 27 and got her MA. I am 21 and wouldn't have thought that she's within my range. She usually dates guys 30+.

So by not thinking about it, I gave her a chance.
And it works very very well so far.
I could go on and on about how cute she is.

So: I have a new relationship. I'm happy!

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted February 12, 2009 09:18      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wooohoo! Congratulations, Tom, I wish you the best for the both of you [thumbsup]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 12, 2009 09:59      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good on ya, Tom-geek! I've already chimed in on this in other places, but let me say that it's good to see someone in a happy relationship.

/me sings "Love Stinks" just for spite [Razz]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 12, 2009 11:35      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awesome [Smile]

/me eats a Toblerone Rose in your honour. [thumbsup]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2009 13:39      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! Tom!!! This is fantastic news!!! And she is only 130 miles away? And an older woman! Woohoo! I wish mine was that close. I have been in a long distance relationship for almost 6 months now, they can work out, they can be hard at times, but for the most part I have no complaints other than he is not closer:) Anyway CONGRATS!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2009 23:16      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice news Tom-Geek [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Hang on to that positive attitude - it seems to work! [Smile]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
deathweaver
Geek Larva
Member # 24253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2009 11:17      Profile for deathweaver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interestingly enough, I'm in about the same boat. My ex and I broke up in the beginning of Dec, but unfortunately, I kinda blind-sided her with it. I wasn't happy, so the right steps had to be taken. The day I told her, she thought I was going to ask her to marry me. Ya, total blind-side...

I feel bad about it, but at the same time, she's already moved on and dating again. I met someone about a year ago, I find myself single, but she started dating someone else. Wish my situation was as nice as yours, but oh well, taking a hiatus is a good thing.

Posts: 24 | From: CA, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2009 13:37      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news Tom.

I can't believe no-one has yet demanded PICTURES!

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2009 15:56      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you to anyone who's been so kind and responded [Smile]

@geekygoddess:
Yeah, the distance can be quite a fight. I hope you two can arrange something and maybe move together eventually. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you [Smile]

@deathweaver:
Taking a break to relax and get your brain free is really important. Sometimes I wonder if our relationship would work if we hadn't met right away. Who knows!

OY!! Pics.. Well, those who are interested be so kind to PM me, and I'll share a link.
This offer is only valid to people who won't be panting over her [Wink]

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 13, 2009 20:39      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you Tom!! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2009 02:13      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent, Tom. I'm glad it's working out for you. [Smile]

Happy Valentine's day.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture