homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Good news!   » Silver Bells.... Silver... Yup, Still Too Early...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Silver Bells.... Silver... Yup, Still Too Early...
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 17, 2008 23:35      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
However, since it is almost December, I figured I'd get this years "Who wants a Holiday card?" thread started. I know most of you probably don't even want to think about Christmas/etc. yet, but if I don't get my cards out soon, they aren't leaving my bag until February... and I'd actually like to send them out this year. [Razz]

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2008 11:21      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want a holiday card! I'm always the one mailing, and rarely a card in my box [cry baby]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2008 18:50      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well my hypocritical self, for one, has been bitching and moaning about the fscking stores playing their fscking Christmas music since before fscking Halloween for fscks sake, while at the same time noting that maybe I should grab a box of those cards from the display for my geeky friends.

Point being, I'm itching to send a card to anyone that wants one. Well, maybe not itching in the spungo sense...

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2008 21:11      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would personally like a card, mail has been thin here lately, and now that I don't live in the dorms anymore I miss going to the box and having a note from my RA or one of my friends.

Ugh, I feel you about the music thing. My boyfriend works retail and we've been complaining since mid October about Christmas creeping ever so slowly toward summer.

So if you'd like a card, just PM me, and I'll get one to you!

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Dave
Geek
Member # 1977

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2008 19:42      Profile for Mr. Dave     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always considered "early Christmas shopping" to mean "before noon on the 24th." [Razz]

--------------------
I'm not normally like this, but then I'm not normally normal.

Posts: 193 | From: Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CW Smith
Geek Apprentice
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2008 14:41      Profile for CW Smith   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugh, MightyClub:
... fscking stores playing their fscking Christmas music since before fscking Halloween for fscks sake ...

I can top that.

About ten years ago, I was working at a coffee shop in downtown Des Moines. It was a truly gorgeous afternoon, so I decided I'd walk down a couple blocks to a nearby deli for my lunch break.

I passed a department store along the way. They had Christmas decorations up in one of their small front-window displays.

I was in a particularly smartalecky mood that day, so I went in and asked to speak to a manager about the holiday decorations. No, I wasn't offended at Christmas decorations per se, and no, I wasn't particularly bemoaning the commercialization of the season, either.

But isn't it customary, I asked the manager, to wait to put up Christmas decorations at least until after Labor Day (early September)?

--------------------
Peace,
CW

guitar, bass, percussion, Macintosh.
http://www.cwsmith.fm

Posts: 42 | From: Des Moines, IA USA | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture