homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » Confession Booth   » Celebrity Crush! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Celebrity Crush!
Dr Cyclops
Assimilated
Member # 986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2004 13:42      Profile for Dr Cyclops   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least Kompressor knows how I feel.

--------------------
When the W'rkncacnter came, Pthia was killed, and Yrro in anger, flung the W'rkncacnter into the sun. The sun burned them, but they swam on its surface.

Posts: 499 | From: Upon the slab, Unbroken. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2004 09:57      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
First TV/movie crush I can remember was on Carrie Fisher as Leia in ROTJ (slave outfit + attitude = winning combination).

...whilst my heart still skips a beat for my first and only true love, mister spock. [hearts]
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2004 14:50      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Taco has a few celebrity crushes. The Taco has a crush on Arwen, Galadriel and Gimli(everyone knows he is a she, the beard ain't foolin' me [Wink] ) Janeway makes me fall out... When I was a little younger my heart went out to the lovely Queen-now-Senator Amadala... but that's died down... Still think Princess Leia is a dream-boat, and I used to have a crush on the lead singer of Heart [blush]

Edit: Just want to let everyone know I mean the book for all of the LoTR related stuff, except the bit about Gimli, she was so sexy in the movie... [Wink] ...

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2004 15:17      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
The Taco has a few celebrity crushes...and Gimli(everyone knows he is a she, the beard ain't foolin' me [Wink] )

Now that, that is just sick and wrong!!

I have a minor crush on Aragorn. Not Viggo Mortensen perse, just Aragorn. Had it since I read the trilogy, though I know he belongs to Arwen. Faramir's also hot, though I preferred the book version. I like my guys to have darker hair. [Smile]

As far as celebs go, Sean Bean is hot!!!111!!!1 And he's playing Odysseus in Troy!!

/me gives the dragon a kiss
Yes dear, I'm done. [Smile]

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2004 15:50      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Curious_growl*...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2004 16:26      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucy Liu.
Because she reminds me of
somebody...
[blush]

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2004 17:16      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm...

Look, I know this is just proof that I am indeed 5 zillion years old and shouldn't be allowed out on my own, but can *anyone* give me a simple explanation of why the film_sorry_movie of Lord Of The Rings is apparently so much more popular than the book?

Am I really the only person left on Planet Earth who thinks that sometimes - just sometimes - translating books into films_sorry_movies is *the* most stupid pointless thing ever in the history of the universe?

Frinstance, "The Passion Of Christ" - what's the matter, people, the Bible just too technical for you? More whimsically, H2G2 - why did you lot ever need a TV version? The radio version was bad enough...

Sorry, I'm frothing at the mouth, aren't I?

[ohwell]

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2004 17:28      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me wipes hey-U's mouth and offers him a pacifier

Because there's a market for them. Like, duh...

</whipper-snapper>

People are lazy. 1200 page books are too much work to read. I'm kinda weird in this regard. Though I enjoyed all three LOTR flicks I find reading takes less effort. Less numbing on the ass, and when it gets too intense you can just put it down and walk away for a bit.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2004 17:37      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
/me wipes hey-U's mouth and offers him a pacifier

Because there's a market for them. Like, duh...

</whipper-snapper>

People are lazy. 1200 page books are too much work to read. I'm kinda weird in this regard. Though I enjoyed all three LOTR flicks I find reading takes less effort. Less numbing on the ass, and when it gets too intense you can just put it down and walk away for a bit.

Thank you X. Sorry, I seem to lose my perspective very easily just lately. You're right, of course, it's about whatever gets the story across. And just because most people these days have a shorter attention span than a gnat is no reason for me to go postal, that's just the way it is...

*sighs and wishes he had company*
[Frown]

snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 26, 2004 20:24      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Russell Crowe and Colin Farrell.  -

(Thanks for the .gif. spungo!)

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted March 26, 2004 20:42      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hey-U:
Umm...

Look, I know this is just proof that I am indeed 5 zillion years old and shouldn't be allowed out on my own, but can *anyone* give me a simple explanation of why the film_sorry_movie of Lord Of The Rings is apparently so much more popular than the book?

Am I really the only person left on Planet Earth who thinks that sometimes - just sometimes - translating books into films_sorry_movies is *the* most stupid pointless thing ever in the history of the universe?

Frinstance, "The Passion Of Christ" - what's the matter, people, the Bible just too technical for you? More whimsically, H2G2 - why did you lot ever need a TV version? The radio version was bad enough...

Sorry, I'm frothing at the mouth, aren't I?

[ohwell]

AFAIK, locally, I was the only person my age who even KNEW about the book before the movies came out. I had read all of the books twice, along with the Silmarillion and some of the unfinished works of Tolkien before the movie rights were ever even sold to New Line. The movies were a nice touch, but to much difference exists between the book and the movie, I mean, What happened to Tom Bombadil??? Or what about the whole bit of Arwen showing up to take Frodo over the ford??? Arwen didn't even show up in the story until AFTER Frodo had woken up, and the whole Coucil of Elrond bit was WAY out of wack! Let me finish ranting, I could write a book about how much I like the book over the movies...

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2004 00:31      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hey-U:

... snip ...

More whimsically, H2G2 - why did you lot ever need a TV version? The radio version was bad enough...

<bastard type="pedantic">
Actually, the radio play came first, then the books, then the (execrable) TV show.
</bastard>

Oh, I said I was hanging up my pedants spurs, didn't I?
Please ignore the above.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 27, 2004 01:10      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
[QUOTE]
<bastard type="pedantic">
Actually, the radio play came first, then the books, then the (execrable) TV show.
</bastard>
Oh, I said I was hanging up my pedants spurs, didn't I?
Please ignore the above.

Oh OK...
But you *are* correct...
Sorry, in future I promise I will try harder to get my facts right.
[Smile]

SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2004 09:42      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Currently, Johnny Depp, Denzel Washington, and Vin Diesel do it for me. =)
Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cathy
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2673

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 04:56      Profile for Cathy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's Ok.
I have a crush on Tim Robbins and Tom Hanks myself. Oh and that cute guy from Home Alone...

Please don't laugh [Razz]
Cathy

--------------------
Cathy Jenkins
IT Support & Web Design
[email protected]
http://www.cathyjenkins.com

Posts: 41 | From: Canberra, Australia | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 05:00      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm afraid it's Betty Rubble every time, the saucy little minx...

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 05:40      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
W-I-L-M-A-A-A-A-A-A-A!!!
[Big Grin]

Cathy
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2673

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 05:41      Profile for Cathy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wilma Flinstone doesn't take your fancy then? [Razz]

--------------------
Cathy Jenkins
IT Support & Web Design
[email protected]

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 05:48      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty's obviously the kinkier of the two - why else would Barney look so cheery all the time? In less formal terms, Betty's more of a goer - anyone can see that. [Wink]

--------------------

Cathy
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2673

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 05:52      Profile for Cathy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've forgotten who is who to be honest.
Have you seen Red Dwarf before? [Razz]

Cathy

--------------------
Cathy Jenkins
IT Support & Web Design
[email protected]

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 05:54      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why, what the smeg is that? [Razz]
Cathy
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2673

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted April 27, 2004 05:56      Profile for Cathy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep! Ya have, smeg head [Razz] .

Cathy

--------------------
Cathy Jenkins
IT Support & Web Design
[email protected]

Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 07:18      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crushes? Hmmm... Harrison Ford, and Viggo Mortenson, Billy Boyd and Gary Sinise, in no particular order. Don't ask me to explain the Gary Sinise. I can't. I just accept it. [Smile]
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 07:21      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone here watch 'Will & Grace'? What about the chick who plays her friend Karen? (Does that make me odd?)

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 27, 2004 07:23      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'll add Monica Belucci to my list. It was sort of weird to see her in the Passion, as compared to the Matrix series though.

Now that'd be an interesting combination of two movies. I can just imagine Jesus having an interesting conversation with the Architect just after dying.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture