homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » ISO ummm... a geek guy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ISO ummm... a geek guy
MzSunn
Mini Geek
Member # 5144

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2009 13:20      Profile for MzSunn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, yea... a tall smart one that lives in Atlanta GA; who will teach me how to play PS3 games; likes dogs, bunnies & most animals and you must have your own place to live.

There is more but this is good for a start.

Oh yeah... Any race is good for me and over 30 yrs old.

--------------------
Lovely Lovely Mushy Center

Posts: 54 | From: Atlanta GA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2009 15:34      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How to determine whether you have tech on the brain more than dating?

You immediately see "ISO" as "Intl Stds Org," and ponder the humor of an 'ISO geek guy' (a comparable RFC for that would be just fine in 35 days).

As such, I clicked on this, expecting much levity involving parameters galore, and after much head scratching, realized it was "In Search Of."

Oh.

P.S. Urgent heads' up...it looks like your homepage has been compromised. Not caring terribly much for Flash, I looked at the source, and it's not a pretty picture. That, or you're a pretty raunchy SEO...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2009 17:20      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
..."ISO" as "Intl Stds Org,"... realized it was "In Search Of."

And here I was thinking "disk image of a geeky guy" upon seeing it...no jokes about mounting, please! [Razz]
Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2009 18:14      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97: How to determine whether you have tech on the brain more than dating?

You immediately see "ISO" as "Intl Stds Org," and ponder the humor of an 'ISO geek guy' (a comparable RFC for that would be just fine in 35 days).

It would never occur to me that ISO meant *anything* other than International Standards Organization. Any other use is just wrong.
Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2009 18:46      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, whenever I see the letters ISO, I think of the settings on my camera [crazy]

Good luck on your hunt! I have heard of LOTS of people meeting significant others on these here forums:)

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2009 21:10      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the ISO on either a camera or a disk image is because it's shorthand for the ISO standards for those things. [Razz] (ISO5800:1987 & ISO9660, respectively [I knew the latter, the former is from Wikipedia)

And qf, I share the sentiment, but trolling through CL is a pasttime of mine, in a sort of MST3K style review with some friends...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
deathweaver
Geek Larva
Member # 24253

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted February 26, 2009 07:26      Profile for deathweaver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
How to determine whether you have tech on the brain more than dating?

As such, I clicked on this, expecting much levity involving parameters galore, and after much head scratching, realized it was "In Search Of."

Oddly enough, I immediately knew that ISO meant "in search of", but my gaming brain takes over and flips it to "LFG". For the non-gamer types, it's "looking for group", and somehow I doubt this nice woman is probably into that... And yes, I'm very happy to have broken my Warcraft addiction.
Posts: 24 | From: CA, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture