homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Love!   » Looking for Love   » DnD Geek looking for DnD Geekette (or a Geekette at least willing to give DnD a try)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DnD Geek looking for DnD Geekette (or a Geekette at least willing to give DnD a try)
Bullvinne
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 22583

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted October 11, 2008 17:47      Profile for Bullvinne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I figured I would post some things about me here hopeing a like-minded woman might find interest in me. I live in Northern Texas in a city called Mckinney. I am 25 years old, and a little on the heavy side.

A perfect evening to me is slaying that monster with a natural D20 roll; win a close match of Magic: the Gathering with only 1 health left, or any of the other table-top games that brings me together with a big group of my friends. Yea, I know…big geek!

When I’m not slaying said monster, I like to spend my free time drawing or painting when I can, and try to go to as many SCA events (medieval recreation and fighting) that I can.

I am overweight, but I have come to the conclusion that it is more of me to love. I love movies, especially the Star Wars Saga, and my favorite TV show of all time is Heroes! I also enjoy music of all types, but my favorite artists are John Mayer, Michael Jackson (music only), and Nickel Back.

I am looking for someone that loves to sit down at the table and play Dungeons and Dragons, Magic: the Gathering, Warhammer 40k or other table-top games so that we have something we can enjoy in common.

She would need to be easy-going but be quick-witted (especially around some of my friends). She would rather hang out with a bunch of friends then go to a bar or club on the weekends.

And one of the most important things is to be happy and be yourself!

If any ladies are interested, my AIM name is opwarlock1337 or you can post here.

--------------------
"While some guys have six-pack abs, I have a keg! So whose better for the party?"

Posts: 2 | From: Mckinney, Texas | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 12, 2008 01:28      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a geek who married a non geek may I suggest you settle for someone who will put up with your geek acivities and does not nessisaryly [it's early!] join in.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 12, 2008 16:03      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say I agree with the intent of Ashitaka's comment, but not necessarily the wording. If I may offer a bit of advice: never settle.

Figure out exactly what you want, and then take a good look at that from a full 360°, otherwise you run the risk of overlooking someone who *is* what you want, just from a different angle.

Mrs Tweety is certainly not someone I would have ever described as a tech geek. But, we do have a common love of Sci-Fi & Fantasy, though her tastes run a bit more toward the Classical. That, by the way, is a good thing. She's introduced/re-introduced me to things I would have never really involved myself with or had neglected for shinier toys. In short, I'm more well rounded because of her, and vice versa.

So, with my didactic sermon now done, go forth young man, and win your damsel. Or somesuch.

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 12, 2008 16:14      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with tweets on this...Never, ever, settle.

Usually, when you stop looking, it just jumps right out in front of ya!!! And, I think there has been quite a few that have met right here on GC. Just give it some time, but I will keep my eye out for ya [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2008 09:34      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with everyone else in the "don't settle" group. I'm also going to add a little bit, I know that some of us "geeky girls" tend to be really, really busy, especially in our age range. From personal experience I'm rarely finished with class/doing stuff in my research lab/organizational meetings/homework before sometime in the late evening, and at that point, I really don't want to settle in for a long round of table top gaming. I'd rather sit, curl up and watch a movie/Robot Chicken or play a mind numbing amount of Elder Scrolls.

The point I'm trying to make is, you may have to be patient with some girls, because we are busy, and having a social life is kind of hard.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bullvinne
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 22583

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 13, 2008 15:49      Profile for Bullvinne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, thank you all for your advice. I am kind of new to this whole internet dating thing. Hopefully, with advice like yours it wont be a horrible experience.

--------------------
"While some guys have six-pack abs, I have a keg! So whose better for the party?"

Posts: 2 | From: Mckinney, Texas | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture